Powersmiths International

Powersmiths International Employee Reviews

Canada9 reviews
Great work culture, and an amazing team.
All of rhe office staff and the shop staff collaborate closely to enhance the products, and customer satisfaction.

One of the best companies I have worked at.
A Good employer.
Offers an opportunity for growth.

Good work environment, it's a relaxed atmosphere as well as fast paced.

Management and employee relationships works.
it was very good Chance for me to Know that i have more skills

it was very useful and my Accounting knowledge much better now

all of the staff is friendly and helpful
• Calculate with OPS program and design the low voltage dry type OPAL series transformers to meet customer requirements.
• Prepare detailed assembly drawings and testing plan for production.

• Supervise the routine and type test transformers as per design and engineering requirements
Company requires serious restructuring to work on clarity of tasks especially for newly hired engineers and needs to have a formal training program and technical review sessions periodically
i worked here for my secondary school co-op 2 credit course. I really enjoyed my time at POWERSMITHS. My co-workers and my boss helped me feel comfortable with the working environment.
Pros
ping pong table
Cons
It was just co-op
If you like working FOR children, then this is the place for you!
Even upper management is immature and are irresponsible adults.

Always LATE paying, have to work many hours for FREE, have to use your own resources to complete the work, i.e. your own cellphone with a data plan, your own printer, paper (basically a home office they don't pay you for), computer with internet access, etc.

They basically only want college & university kids because they know they can take advantage of them. You are put under pressure to produce sales even though they initially tell you, that you are only there to provide information to customers. Whether you sell a little or a lot, you get no thanks or commission. And they lie about how long your employment will last. They seek public funds constantly and the methods they use to quantify and measure success is backwards and flawed. Somehow the transformer industry swallows their overpriced products. They treat women unfairly and if you have a pregnancy or children, they will find ways to get rid of you.
Pros
none that I can think of!
Cons
to many to list; love to work interns and students for free
I learnt Professionalism, Customer Service, Sales and lots more from my job at CIBC bank.
I have learned how to make professional reports and perform in detail data analysis and develop my communication skills
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Powersmiths International?
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Powersmiths International. Our community is ready to answer.
Powersmiths International Reviews by Location