Powerschool

Powerschool Employee Reviews

Canada4 reviews
it is a place with a fast pasted environment but management try to help the employees, it has a tennis table, a big lunch area, free coffee and very often free food.
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
Difficult customers
Amazing
Management really cares about their employees and there is a great company culture. Tech support seem to have it rough ( I mean come on it’s a call centre..) but other positions are great
Pros
Best benefits around, fun office culture
Cons
Lower than average salary but that’s due to the comprehensive benefits which are company paid.
Ever changing and growing
PowerSchool is a leader in SIS industry and is continuously growing. Great atmosphere to work in and people are one of a kind. It can be challenging on occasion due to constant growth and changes, however that is also the perk of the job as it always offers growth opportunities.
Tier 1 Support Engineer
At the Burlington, Ontario, Canada office it is a bit unorganized. As a Tier 1 Support Engineer, we were always required to be on call and work as quickly as possible. Unfortunately, the training was not sufficient and we were required to learn a lot of things about the Software while solving a problem (on call). Many other aspects including Networking Skills, Database Theory, SQL Skills and overall Microsoft Office skills were required also. Being there for about 2 years I saw many people start but were unable to keep up with the work load and were either let go or left. I would suggest Management invest more in training and educating newer employees. Possibly increasing the salary would've kept some of the more skilled employees.

If you're great at Technical Problem-Solving, improvising and dealing with people, you may be able to cut it as a Tech Support Engineer here. Otherwise you may have a very hard time.
Pros
Experience at a growing software company
Cons
Management is not technically savvy
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Powerschool?