POWERHOUSE RETAIL SERVICES

POWERHOUSE RETAIL SERVICES Employee Reviews

Good environment. I have learn a lot of merchandising working for the company

Great work! Very flexible schedule. Work is done by making you’re own schedule weekly. Suitable for any age. Incredible work people, supervisor and management.

Horrid place to work. Folding clothes all day.

Not my idea of a merchandiser. Sorting and folding clothes. Management not understanding of anything and a lot of miscommunication. Under a lot of pressure for minimal pay. I do not recommend this place at all.

Stay away from HBC Queen Street

-They make you do unpaid work from home (weekly reports)- Workplace culture is toxic, not allowed to talk to your co workers, must fold pants in silence. -Favoritism in the workplace: if you're the favorite, you don't have to follow the rules (dress code, multiple raises, multiple lunch breaks), when all other coworkers must do that persons job, and never receive a raise even after 2 years of working there.-They message you constantly during late hours of the night when its after work hours, and penalize you if you're not responding to casual meaningless gossip in their What's App group chat. - Overall, you can't please them. No matter how hard you work at your job, they don't care and they will criticize you for doing extra work that THEY ASKED YOU TO DO. Ex: was told I was helping too much on the sales floor, when that's what they requested me to do..

Pros

Free wardrobe

Cons

No advancement, unpaid reports from home, no credit for the work you did

My merchandiser position

I have worked for Powerhouse for 11 years now, and I love it! I enjoy the day to day freedom, and ability to make my own schedule, and hours. The staff is always helpful and understanding. This job affords me the lifestyle and flexibility I appreciate.

Productive and fun work environment

I absolutely love working for Powerhouse Retail Services Inc. I have been there for almost a year and its the best job I ever had! I love meeting different people during my store visits and all my colleagues from head office are truly inspiring, encouraging, and supportive people!

Overall I'm happy to work here

No work pressure. U can schedule ur own time. Good management by the time of COVID-19 pandemic. Lots of updates given by management regarding COVID-19. Communication between field representatives and supervisor's good.

Field Merchandiser

Good work / life balance Poor hourly wage with no mileage Management is professional, open communication and respond questions or concerns in a timely fashion.

Excellent company to be a part of!

Love the independent work, being able to merchandise different brands and be creative, organizing my own schedule and the supportive management team. While you may work alone on merchandising visits, you are provided with appropriate and detailed documents to follow and there is always an account manager to assist you in every way from merchandising tips, to shipments and brand information.

A great company to work for.

I am a field merchandiser with Powerhouse and have been for almost 2 years now. I have steady work each month but in my area there is not a lot of hours, which works perfectly for me. This company really cares about all their employees, even I feel it and I would be considered very much a 'little guy'. They reach out to see how employees are doing in times of stress and always make sure to keep you informed about the company and work situations. Overall, one of THE BEST companies I have ever worked for. :D

A fun job!

Being a retail merchandiser for Powerhouse is a lot of fun. I was just looking for a part-time job, not too many hours and this is perfect for me. The staff and mangement are awesome and go out of their way to be accommodating for you.

Productive and good work-life balance.

Very good company to work for. Easy web to submit your work on your own schedule. Management staff is always available to support you when working on the field.

above and beyond

they are a great company and really showed how amazing they were once the pandemic hit...reaching out to all of us and reassuring us... Above and beyond!!!

I enjoy the flexibility, the work challenges, the brands and people I work for.

I have worked many years now with Powerhouse I started with a few hours and worked more once I was able. I mostly stay in one location and have worked with great brands and people.

Pros

Flexibility is key for me whether a few hours or fulltime, working the schedule in my life. It is never boring, often challenging and rewarding.

Cons

Some days can be long if there are deadlines to meet.

Powerhouse Retail Services is nice place to represent

I have been with Powerhouse for 17 years. I have seen many people come and go. I do enjoy the flexible time schedule and they are very fair with the schedule. I do believe I deserve an increase in salary. They have also cut out supplying supplies (camera, photo copies) etc, and have also stopped paying for travel. They have been excellent through the Covid-19 pandemic and Kelly has been very good at keeping us up to date.

Pros

Flexible Schedule

Cons

No travel pay, no material pay, and low hourly pay.

Powerhouse is an awesome company to work for.

I currently only have two services I do for Powerhouse. I do get additional work some months. Live in Northern Ontario not big stores or many stores that Powerhouse services. Enjoy working for Powerhouse. They are very easy going company.

Fun, exciting, knowledgable and rewarding

Great Canadian company. Flexible hours. Love what I do each and every day and blessed with support from management. Each store, each visit is always a learning experience.

Current employee

Great work life balance Very flexible schedule very responsive employer Work is done by making you’re own schedule weekly suitable for any age Easy to use app

Flexible schedule

Powerhouse offers an extremely flexible work schedule. They offer wages that are above industry standard. They have been proactive during the covid19 pandemic and you can tell they really care about their employees.

Love working here

I have worked for them since 7 years. It's not my primary job but initially it was and now a grear way to earn extra income at my own time.They are super flexible with hours and cooperative. I have always had support from the management regarding any need, such as, more hours, reduced hours, travelling allowance, and vacation. Great communication and makes u feel part of the team

I am very contented working with Powerhouse

I have been employed with Powerhouse for one year and I am very happy. A very friendly and appreciative staff and management. The hours, pay rate works for me.

I’ve been with Powerhouse for approximately 2 years. The management staff are great, quick with a response and always available for your questions. The jobs are easy to complete in the time frame and the work -life balance is good, I fit it in to my schedule.

Pros

Work-life balance

Cons

None.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at POWERHOUSE RETAIL SERVICES. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1Job security/advancement