Power Engineers, Inc. Employee Reviews

Relaxed Work Environment
Electrical Engineer 2 (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CA25 October 2018
Relaxed Work Environment. Nice People. Not so good Management. It has offices all over the country, has few overseas offices as well. It has a good work-life balance but poor salary.
A very nice company to work for
Draughtsman (Current Employee) –  Centurion, Gauteng19 July 2018
this is a great company to work for and the management is great. I love the culture and code of ethics. the job requires a professional and responsible person.
Pros
a lot of benefits
Cons
none so far
Thoughtless
Misc. (Former Employee) –  Hailey, ID13 December 2018
This company is thoughtless. I received a canned rejection email 15 minutes after submitting my resume, although I was completely qualified. My guess is that is why they ask for salary requirements rather than posting a salary range. If you require more than they are willing to pay, you get an auto-email saying other candidates were more qualified, rather than explaining you are out of their price range.
Worked from home
Contract Engineer doing work for CenturyLink (Former Employee) –  Portland, OR21 August 2018
The function I did for them required little or no interaction from the office. Working from I was able to set my own hours, there was no overtime unless pre-approved and the people I engaged with were helpful, supportive and encouraging.
Pros
Provided health care benefits, paid holidays and vacation and available if questions or concerns arose.
Cons
The 1 hour time difference was a challenge at times, I wasn't able to take part in any benefits as I was laid off before they became availble.
My print room dept was very happy with me as supervisor
Print Room Manager, Oradell, New Jersey (Former Employee) –  Boise, ID17 October 2018
I worked for ARC subcontractor for onsite at Burns and Roe. Power Engineers took over ib 2014 and added the printroom on as Power Employees I was responsible for Printroom, mailroom and facilities. Very happy and busy print room. I handled everything without any help from management.
Pros
Some free lunches, thirsty Thursday, fruit Monday's
Cons
Bad management
Terriffic culture
Drafter/Designer (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KS12 November 2018
Jeans everyday, Beer Friday's. Pretty cool management. Just don't drink too much on Friday... As a Drafter you will probably be working in Microstation. I really didn't like Microstation.
No work
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Idaho27 August 2018
Bad Management;Racist,unprofessional, unproductive, no diversity, barely had work, stared at computer 8 hours a day, kept promising more work never happens
Great Company and Great People
Staff Assistant I (Current Employee) –  Boise, ID12 March 2018
I would highly recommend POWER Engineers to anyone. The culture and work are incredible. You can advance and grow with the company. They do peer reviews, management review, and goal setting annually which I appreciate.
Power Engineering is one of the best place to work.
PROJECT PLANNER/SCHEDULE (Former Employee) –  Hailey, ID4 December 2017
Power Engineering is one of the best company to work.Its a company with excellent collaborative culture,good management that allow individual initiative and growth.Though i worked there as contract employee but i don't have any regret working there .My direct boss the lead scheduler is a great motivator .
Pros
Good team management
Cons
I dont have any complain because they met all condition based on my contract agreement
Professional Engineering
Civil/Structural Engineer, T-Line Group (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KS15 October 2018
Power Engineers was a good place to work. Their professionals were very knowledgeable and easy to get along with.

Working with clients like Ameren and Entergy were a good learning experience in various Transmission Line design.
Needs Maturity
None (Former Employee) –  Boise, ID26 July 2017
Management has little accountability; they can run their department as they wish, leaving inequity between peers across departments, making policy and procedure changes near impossible.

Salary and Vacation/Sick benefits are below market.

Employee-owned, but by only a selected few - @300; do not plan on being an owner.

Technologies are behind and too expensive to maintain; IT help is scarce.
Pros
Fruit on Mondays; Beverages at the end of Fridays; Casual Dress
Cons
Lower than market salary and vacation time, little chance for advancement unless to supervisor - many supervisors at POWER
Very biased, cutthroat place to work
Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  Portland, OR30 May 2017
Be expected to jump through their loops for years on end. If you want to be promoted here, make sure you're part of the right "in crowd" group. Management is poor in this organization. They choose to see things from one side in the case of disputes or disagreements. Setup to fail is common here. Most days you can here a pin drop because people know their place and role. Those who are in charge can laugh and joke. Those who have been shown their appropriate place know to CYA. That's exactly the point, a very unhealthy work atmosphere. Outsiders are frowned upon here, they prefer to hire locally. But the truth is that they can keep everyone quiet and in their place at work, but not beyond their 4 little walls outside of work. Their true reputation, by word of mouth alone, is well known. If you have a college education and/or experience, hold out and find a better career. This is a dead end.
Benefits
Cons
Management, ... atmosphere
Great company to work for
Electrical Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Maitland, FL16 August 2018
I had the opportunity to intern with the substation group at POWER. The company has a laid back feel while still pushing you to become the best you. I was able to ask many questions on things that I was confused and get responses back in a timely manner.
Cons
n/a
I loved working at Power Engineer Inc I would recommend anyone to do the say they are all professionals and the environment is great to be apart of.
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GA18 June 2018
My day begins at Power Engineers bright and early, my coworkers are polite. I learned that if you keep trying you will achieve greatness. The most enjoyable was helping others throughout the day and getting the job done correctly.
Pros
Room for growth
Overall great company
Piping Designer (Former Employee) –  Boise, ID21 August 2018
Company hired me on as a contractor and brought me up to speed with new software. They have a good team going and are willing to work with there employees to further employee education.
All work
Electrical Engineer III/Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, CO15 August 2018
Does not pay attention to how bad they run their employees into the ground with "optional" overtime. Not a good place to work if you have kids...you wont see them.
Nice work culture
Architectural Designer (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WA22 January 2018
While Power is a large company of about 2800 employees the architectural department is only about 10 employees. PM are not accessible except by project leads. Project leads are not accessible if you are not at their office location even if you are trying to complete their project. If you point out something that is incorrect in the documents you will pay the price as a new employee in the architectural side of the business.
Pros
friendly staff
Cons
limited project types, and management access
disorganized poor managenment with corporate struccture
Distribution Designer (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FL5 August 2018
Seems like no one is in charge. Projects are poorly planned and due dates are usually a late rush to meet. No consistency in drawing formats or drafting standards
Pros
no rigid work hours
Great Place to work at
High Voltage Test Technician (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WA26 June 2018
This place has some of the best people I ever worked with. The team I was with had a great work ethic and amazing communication skills. It has been one of the best places I have worked at.
I like it
General Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hailey, ID30 March 2018
It was a great place to work. They took care of their employees. Their insurance was really good and affordable. I was able to put myself, my husband and my seven kids on it with my salary.