Powell Group of Companies Employee Reviews

Stepping Stone Company
Co-op Student (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ON7 February 2019
Great office environment, everyone is very welcoming and friendly to new staff members. Each department offers great training. Steady hours Monday to Friday, goes by super quick with no stress. The company really invests in the employees with their continued education opportunities which have lead to many people growing and moving up within the company in short periods of time due to the valuable experience they quickly learn while being an employee here! Lots of employee incentives to keep people happy and healthy. Good place to learn more about the construction industry which could really lead to a great career if you wanted.
Pros
Free breakfast and lunch, benefits, Monday to Friday, gym membership, RRSP investment, room to move up within the company if you show interest and dedication
Cons
Remote location with no bus access
Food truck on site
Operator (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ON30 January 2019
I was a current employee at Powell Contracting very poor place to work they don't treat people with respect talk down to you.
Bully you and make fun..
Pros
Free Food
Cons
Management is Horrible they dont care!!
Growing company
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Stouffville, ON4 January 2019
The Group is growing rapidly, which is great for employees looking to gain some decent experience in the construction industry with opportunities to move around within the Group.

But of course, with growth - comes change. A lot of the employees are resistant to change which causes frustration. Employees need to focus on their own work but management also has to be more transparent with the changes to ensure employee satisfaction.
Pros
Free food & gym membership, great opportunities, change!
Cons
Long hours, little vacation entitlement, change!
Very poor management
Various Positions (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ON3 January 2019
Dont expect to be trained but it wont matter, you will never be good at the job as per management. Management is always degrading staff. Making them feel as if they are useless and incompetent. All old staff think they are better then all new staff. High turnover in all positions.
Cons
No raises. Long hours. Bullying
Poor management
I assisted all departments (Former Employee) –  Gormley, ON13 December 2018
This is an excellent place to learn the construction industry. They really do pay alot of money for safety and training. This is the place where it builds you into an efficient machine but unfortunately all of management feel that toying with people over workers rights and only rewarding them with no work causing them to find new jobs.
Pros
Great experiences. Used to be great pay. Mediocre now
Not Good
Employee (Former Employee) –  Stouffville, ON11 August 2018
A company is only as good as the management. With the lack of common sense and experience it's hard to believe how this operation functions. I would not recommend this company.
Pros
Very little
Cons
Many
Very nice company
Junior Structural Designer (Current Employee) –  Newmarket, ON26 May 2015
I am very satisfied with my current job. My colleagues are friendly. I obtained a lot from it. My boss is very easygoing. The hardest part about this job perhaps is that it is my first job, it is not easy for me to get used to high pace of work load.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Powell Group of Companies. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8