Postmedia Network Inc.

Postmedia Network Inc. Employee Reviews

Canada57 reviews
no room for growth
the company was losing money to Print and didnt allow used it as an excuse for a pay freeze. there is no room for growth and the culture is toxic. dont recommend
Toxic workplace in an industry that's collapsing
This is a toxic workplace. The industry is on the verge of collapsing and management is out of ideas on how to save the company. All the good people have fled and the mediocre worked run this asylum.

You can do better than working here.
Pros
Any idea is entertained
Cons
Layoffs on a quarterly basis
Fairly depressing work atmosphere
The company seemed on the brink of collapse - uninspiring management - little individuality - open concept - collaborative work space - shift work - old building - decent office location
They dont care about you. No money in the industry
If I could give the management less than one star I would. They tried to force me to return to work while off for sleep issues developed after working 12 years of 12 hour shifts weekend and holidays.
Would not recommend
There is no room for advancement.
They don't do annual job reviews.

No salary increases.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the friendly staff and the lunch room was very large with multiple TVs set to CP24 and CNN and has an air hockey and table tennis table.
fun working place with table tennis
Big company with many branch. Management is hard due to this. Lot of meeting beside works. It is a very friendly working environment. It has table tennis for you to have fun and reduce stress at work.
Going through some tough times
It's the newspaper business. What do you expect? There's plenty of good and bad. And I can't find a way to skip this portion so am just filling out the word minimum
Forward Thinking
Transforming a traditional media business is no easy task but Postmedia lives and breathes this transition to the best of their ability everyday. Postmedia is a full service digital advertising agency that ownes Canada's largest news and information network.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Postmedia Network Inc.?
A great place to work
Management backs you in taking fast paced decisions and changes happen faster than waiting. Company loves to experiment and succeed. Opportunities to learn newer stuff
Unjust Dismissal and Racism
For a news paper they are very racist. I would have other employees constantly roll their eyes, pass comments..they gathered enough crowd and let me go. I doubt any immigrants will be work here long
Did not enjoy it
I didn't enjoy my time at Postmedia. As a floundering media company their need for revenue outweighs taking care of their employees. I was unimpressed with management.
no comment
Postmedia was a great company to work for, but most recently with all the changes in the organization and management, it has become difficult & stressful
Cons
toxic spaces across the country
The glass ceiling is strong, as is the racism.
Thankfully print media is dead and all this company does is sell facebook and google ads now.

They have a toxic work culture with #metoo worthy leadership at the top.

BC is unionized, and the Toronto office gets the national account money - but the rest of the country suffers at post media offices.

DONT WORK HERE.
Able to work from home and be productive on my own schedule
I enjoyed the fact that I was able to work from home. Although this is not for everyone it worked for me. Weekly meetings to keep in touch with other team members was nice.
Rather not review
Rather not review. Lack of emphasis on team development and training.
no opportunities for advancement. changes in policies without providing the required training.
Workplace culture isn’t great..corporate office treated differently than any of the divisions
The management team is stretched too thin so great if you don’t need or want support. Toro

Pros: They have great training for sales people.

Cons: They set targets without consulting with the salesperson and have no incentives if you are an overachiever.
trash company
worst job you could wish for
people are toxic

unsafe work environment

no raises since 2009

gets worse every year

the industry is dying as well as most management that works there
Pros
Cons
the entire job
good employer
post media network is printing industry. it is good Place to work.
all colleagues are good. management is good and nice to employees.

very good work culture.
Great learning curve
9 years in a very fast paced always changing industry, working closely with all types of people and companies and working with amazing cities. I hope in the future I can find a company that will give what I learned now and be able to give into the future.
Pros
flexable timelines for family
Cons
more work less staff
Plenty of opportunities to design here. I love designing.
The best part of working here is that I am able to Design many ads per day. Design programs used are industry standard. Job changes often due to industry changing. Technology used is industry standard.
Pros
steady work
Cons
Too much work outsourced.
Family like culture.
A typical day at work at Postmedia, would include getting to work on time, reviewing my daily responsibilities and what the workload would be like and managing my day around it. I learned many things while working at Postmedia but the most important would be multitasking, at the Computer Operator position it was extremely important to multitask as the workload was sometimes really light and sometimes really heavy with multiple important tasks going at the same time. Management was most often easy to deal with as it was family first culture, and employees were treated with dignity and respect. Workplace culture at Postmedia was great, everybody helped each other and treated everyone as a family member. The hardest part of the job was when we would have emergencies that would threaten the morning papers going out, but it was also the most rewarding when you would work through failing systems and meet deadlines. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people I worked with as they became family too me, it was definitely hard to say good-bye after so many years.
Pros
Family like culture
Cons
Salaries not up too industry standards.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Postmedia Network Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.
2.3