Port Credit Yacht Club Employee Reviews

3.3Pay & Benefits
2.5Job Security & Advancement
Great Members, Very Poor Management
Executive Assistant and Event Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON2 July 2018
Unfortunately, this club has a lot of potential, yet people who run the show have another agenda. Management runs purely on power trips, so you will find yourself most of the time feeling bad for the members who pay to use the club.
Very high turnover rate. You are lucky if you get a break, much of the operations that take place in this club are illegal and if you dont know your rights you will get used.
Great place to learn
Cook - Full Time (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON21 December 2015
Its busy in the right times of the year, I learned many skills knowing nothing coming into it. I learned to make prep lists and do many various tasks. I also learned to prep according to function sheets in large quantities, how to run buffets as well as going through banquet service smoothly. Management is good, the Chef there is always willing to teach and provide you a proper demonstration of the way tasks should be performed to obtain certain results.
The hardest part of the job is having to hold things down on your own, however it is a necessary part of the job at times and is manageable. It is a nice place to work, good conditions, GREAT team, decent wage, lots of hours in the summer, lots of room for moving up in the ranks if you are patient and willing to learn.
Pros
Lots of hours, $2-3 a day towards your staff meal, Great BoH team
Cons
Long weeks in the summer but then again its hours.
Great workplace!
Volunteer coach (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON14 April 2015
I sailed all day while teaching kids how to improve their nautical skills.
I learned to be patient with young children and techniques to convey goal and expectations to others.
Management was wonderful, it was a very relaxed environment.
My co-workers were so lovely, they taught me lots.
The hardest part was trying to not get a sunburn while trying to get 5 year old children to listen to me.
Best part was being able to do what I love, while helping others do it as well!
Pros
I got to sail all day
Cons
Sun burn :(
Lots of fun
Harbour Staff (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON10 February 2015
Worked with a lot of nice people and it paid really well. I liked that I got to work outside and the people are really nice and friendly.