Porchlight Developments

Porchlight Developments Employee Reviews

Excellent Place to Work

Porchlight employs some of the most awesome people I've ever worked with. They care about their work and their fellow Porchlighters. It is a collaborative and very open environment where people actually enjoy coming to work. There is longevity in employment, with many employees with the company 5+ years and some over 10 years. Porchlight will invest in you and your professional development when you invest in yourself. Executive and Sr. Management give you the autonomy to perform your role effectively, while still offering guidance and coaching when needed.

Pros

Subsidized fresh-made lunches in Turner Valley Office, amazing people, very collaborative, fast paced and engaging

Great employment

Enjoyed working for Porchlight from the start to finish. Great work/life balance. Fair pay. Great enjoyable work. Clients are amazing. Would go back in a heartbeat.

Fantastic work environment with great team. Owners and Sr Management took the time to review company policies, expectations and goals.

I was hired and brought on by Sr Management to help facilitate and complete 2 projects that were behind schedule, budgets and standards. I achieved the tasks at hand exceeding all expectations.

Very poorly run company

Way to many managers who don't know what there doing. Management constantly chanded there minds, no communication, no direction. dont expect a raise cuz that never happens

Pros

Salary

Cons

Communicaiton, Management, unhappy staff

Awesome place to work with awesome people! Management has been with the company since it merged together with another custom homes residential construction company to become Porchlight Developments Ltd. Company took on more of a multi family concept for building in Saskatchewan and Manitoba. The main office is in Turner Valley, AB. Office is custom built to accommodate each department. Positive work atmosphere and great people to work with.

Pros

Semi weekly free lunches provided by an amazing chef. Great benefits plan and salary.

very productive and fun place to work with alot of ammenities and wondeful collegues

a typical day at work varies on the schedule, i get to do different things everyday and i have learnt alot and with the vast knowledge i have it has helped me alot.the management is top notch and the workplace culture is super flexible. i don't see any hard part with the job all i need is patience to see through the hard part and the most enjoyable part is the yearly conference we have in one of the best hotels in canada.

Disorganized company with good culture

I found the group of staff are very respectful and welcoming. The work itself is very fastpaced which makes the days go by quickly, but overall the department is understaffed so you can't achieve the success you would hope to. There was not room to grow in the department I worked in (no matter how hard you work), as there are many strategists but only few people carrying the bulk of tasks.

Pros

Lunch program, opportunity to gain experience in many areas, friendly team

Cons

Unrealistically fastpaced, understaffed, below average compensation

Great people to work with.

Fun place to work and great people to work with. Always challenging and fast pace work place. I gained a extensive knowledge of production scheduling.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Porchlight Developments. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4Job security/advancement