Popeye's Supplements

Popeye's Supplements Employee Reviews

Canada49 reviews
This company is an increible company to work for since they look after their employees very well and provide a positive work environment. I learned a lot about the supplement industry and about the all the ways to help better your diet or way of life. As long as you have a good team to work with, the personability of the job and free knowledge makes it a true gem.
Low pay, but not a hard job. Management not the greatest, the focus on the negatives and rarely, if ever, offer positive feedback. But good intro job to get retail experience.
Love my job working for Popeyes Supplements, the staff, management and customers are all amazing people. There is always something fun going on and the workplace environment itself is fun and laid back as long as you do what is expected of you! Treat their employees amazing , it feels like one big family! They constantly provide us with tools and experiences to increase our product knowledge while also having fun with it!!
As mentioned in the review summary above, upper management particularly in stores owned and operated by D.R. in the lower mainland of B.C. are the WORST type of people. Micromanaging, watching the cameras 24/7, making us lie to customers, selling expired product, being pushed to sell illegal steroids, getting verbally abused by someone who can get the snot kicked out of them by 90% of the population, false hope on getting a pay raise or moving up to be a manager. I honestly could keep going, but these are just a few of the complaints I have. I worked at the store for over a year and a half and slowly realised what was going on.

Its a supplement store, NOT a pharmacy. NO we did not make commision, actually got deducted pay for a lot of different reasons, and aside from the we were PUSHED to sell the amazing, good for nothing, over priced supplements by Progressive. NO you do not need vege greens.

Anyways, thanks for taking the time to read my rant. Obviously only about 30% of what actually went on in there, but its enough info to warn some kids about working in a place that disgusting.
Working Conditions
There is a strong emphasis on safety while working with machinery.

Industrial mechanics may do primarily construction work, plant maintenance work or a combination of both. They often work in close association with other trades people such as machinists, instrument technicians, welders, electricians and steamfitter-pipefitters.

Working conditions for industrial mechanics vary from one job to another. On construction job sites, they are exposed to a variety of weather conditions. In plant maintenance, they may work indoors and outdoors. Hours of work may vary and shift work and some overtime may be required.
Management kept getting more and more strict the longer I worked here. They kept figuring out ways to pay us less, like rounding our time clock hours down or up (whichever benefits them), if we work later we only get paid for the time they scheduled us for, even if you kept the store open later to make sales because customers kept walking in. Constant threats of termination, the owner/managers micromanage and watch the cameras and will get upset if you aren't working constantly. Sales targets to hit and they encourage you to lie to customers to get them to buy the products that you're "supposed" to sell. It's all high-pressure sales tactics, threats, intimidation, micromanaging, and low pay. One of the former managers was trying to get me to give him money too to "thank" him for getting me the job, and when I ratted him out he came into the store and cursed me out and yelled at me. If you want to work for a bunch of greedy thugs and be watched on the cameras constantly and get minimum wage, then knock yourself out. They're always hiring because the job sucks so much that most employees quit after a few months.
I managed at Popeye’s for quite some time and overall it’s a very good place to grow in the company. You will not make the big buck there but certainly feels like home.
Popeye's was a wonderful place to work, everyone who came in for product was friendly and happy to be given guidance on what product they were looking for. The culture is filled with very like-minded individuals who strive for better themselves. The hardest part of the job is inventory management, which is still quite an easy task of checking products based on their type. Management was top notch, always checking up on you and showing genuine concern to mental and physical health, yet were very comfortable with you running the store on your own.
Not a fantastic place to work as its often extremely slow and have to deal with some incredibly difficult customers. That being said it's great for students or people who don't want to do much.
The staff are great and company respects its employees alot. You truly have people to rely on here and they also help with advancement in your career.
Probably one of the best jobs I have had over the years. Great co-workers, the job is not too demanding and if you enjoy the fitness industry then this is a great place to pick up additional information and get to know like-minded people.
Popeye's is such an amazing place to work. If my life wasn't advancing as much as it is right now I would not think about leaving there. The environment, team and especially the owners are the best people I have ever worked with hands down.

From training all the way to preparation for big sales, they make everything so easy for staff. Very accommodating to staff and everyone gets along.

Love Popeye's!! I'll definitely miss it.
A lot to learn! I just love it! The culture is amazing, the management is very supportive. The hardest part of the job is finding good people who is committed to the job
I'll start this off in saying if you are looking to get into this job to help people with their goals, look into working at a different supplement store. Sure they tell you that customer service is the most important thing to them and "help" the customers reach their goals but that's not true at all, in fact, when customers walk in instead of genuinely wanting to help they basically see a number over their heads and think, how can I get this sucker to walk out with way more then what they came in here for?

I got into this because I truly wanted to help people out and because I'm passionate about supplements and the gym life. I did still help people but I found myself, because of the pressure, getting angry at people when they don't spend more money. Constantly there is just pressure for average transactions to go up regardless of what the customer wants meaning if someone comes in just for a Protein, their strategy is to figure out what other products they can stack on without you even knowing about it and they do it in such a way that truly makes you think they are giving you great customer service but in realty all they did was trick you into buying something you really didn't need or want just so they can make more money from everybody, especially taking advantage of people just starting out and not knowing a thing about supplements.

If you like truly helping people out and feel passionate about it, work at another supplement store, not this one. If you only care about sales jobs and don't mind lying to people every day then this job is for you!
I loved every minute of working at Popeyes it was a liberating experience.Great staff and excellent customer base. The owners were kind and very caring.
Popeyes is an excellent place to share your supplement knowledge and help others. I enjoyed spending qaulity time with customers building rapport with them.
Mainly just interacting with customers and helping them formulate a game plan geared towards achieving their fitness goals. The only hard part was some customers aren't overly friendly or open to suggestions.
I spent time working with the marketing department at the largest supplement company in Canada, Popeye’s Supplements. I was hired as a content creator for their social media outlets. I used Creative Cloud applications and photography to create content for the new release of products, to bring traffic to social media outlets, and promote current products.
Had a lot of fun working at Popeye's. Management was good, great energy and great coworkers. Definitely a good position for those who want to get into the supplement industry or who love health/fitness.
Great coworkers, great management, lots of resources and opportunities for networking. A great way to follow the health wellness and fitness trends in the industry.
During personal experience work ethics were poor between the CEO's , Maluse of the business . daily maintence of the storefront and vast education regarding nutriton and supplements, most enjoyable part of the job was the customers that visited the store, the hardest was dealing with the CEO's.
Pros
the meeting of new people
Cons
Upper Managment