Popeye's Restaurants

Popeye's Restaurants Employee Reviews

Canada515 reviews

Found 515 reviews matching the searchSee all 10,130 reviews

Fast paced

Under paid and over worked like other fast food restaurants. 50% of on foods. Fun co-workers but managers are mediocre. cash Tips are not divided to workers but being handled by managers only.

Stressful

In the end with minimum wage, given the amount of stress and workload, pay is lower than living costs. Unprofessional is running this franchise.People from 10000bc working at the Louisiana HQ

The best fast food company to work for

Managers and staff are actually very supportive and they want employees to do good enough. Plus, this workplace has many benefits that employees learn many things from different areas as well.

Pros

50% discounts, team-work, flexible hours

Cons

The lunch areas are very small

A toxic workplace

This is the environment that will mess up with your mental health. From the team members to managers, they will always have something bad to say. Your hard work will NOT be rewarded with what you deserve. They say that they "put people first" from their employees so their employees will serve the customers well. But it is 101% wrong. They are very unappreciative and toxic in general. Also, there is no career growth here. Unlike in other food related jobs, you'd have room to grow. Save yourself and please find other jobs to work in!

Fast paced environment

Usually understaffed only one person in front and two in drive thru, kitchen sometimes cannot meet demand for chicken especially during lunch and dinner rush. can have really slow hours then sudden rushes, which is hard to manage when you are working by yourself. also be prepared to go home stinking like oil. flexible hours and good management though.

Pros

50% discount on shift, 10% off, shorter shifts

Cons

understaffed, constantly stinks, can be very cold in winter especially when working drive thru

Okay place to work, staff is cool but very busy and kind of dangerous

Okay place to work, staff is cool but very busy and kind of dangerous. Its fast food so you cant expect much. Overall I would recommend if you need a job but dont expect much.

Good Workplace Culture

The workplace culture of Popeyes is inclusive. Everyone is friendly, welcoming and helpful. They also do not compromise with their work ethics, standards and rules. The best part about working in Popeyes is you'll get a team who is willing to stand by your side and will be ready to back you up anytime.

Pros

Free Drinks and Discounted food

Cons

Long Standing

decent place could be way better

coud pay better for the amount of work that had to be done on busy days. slow days are okay and work flow and environment way better

Interim place

It really varies group to group. Some groups take care of their employees and some don't. Work here till the time you find another job. There is growth opportunities but pay is pretty less.

Pros

Free meals

Cons

Not much benefits

trash

very bad and don't treat you fairly. Huge biases to people who are close friends with the manager and the people who are not being left with all the work.

Great and fun environment

The staff are amazing and the management team are very friendly and understanding. They try very hard to make your schedule work for you. Training was easy and all the staff was willing to help if you needed it!

Pros

Discount on and off shift. Feels like a large family

Productive workplace

Working at Popeyes is really beneficial for me as I learned a lot of things here such as customer service, leadership quality, problem solver, become more confident and many more however there are some cons that i experience while working here like lack of appreciation moreover i am not getting the deserving pay and there are no benefits for the employees.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Not getting deserved appreciation and pay.

No management

There is no word like management. No schedule . Not enough staff. No good pay rate according to the job. No respect. They can fire you if you say anything about management. Lots of customer complaints just because of their service.

Pros

Nothing to say

Cons

Long hours lots of work

Poor working enviroment with racial undertone

I would not recommend working for Popeye's in Ontario Canada as the franchise owners are of an ethnic background that demands a constant work environment. Management does not recognize working smart and being self motivated as they are just looking for drones to help process their boxed foods. Powered potatoes, Knors add water mac and cheese and powered gravy flavor. As a manager at one of thier locations for a short period of time, I highly suggest seeking employment elsewhere.

Pros

Competitive pay

Cons

Unrealistic working conditions and racial profiling.

Very stressful

Racism to the core. Too much work load with very less paid. Partiality between the employees. Overall I was into depression I didn’t have a healthy experience with this company.

Unprofessional environment

People are rude and unprofessional. Hectic schedule. You will get schedule just 5-6 before the starting of week. No hierarchy system.Biased behaviour towards employees.

Pros

Get job easily

Cons

No management

Horrible

I don't know if it's like it at other locations but the specific location I worked at was torture, products were mismanaged, we constantly were understaffed, hours were hectic, management was incompetent/lazy, the environment is toxic, the workplace is toxic, I quit after 5 months because I couldn't handle it, steer clear of working here

Pros

Food

Cons

Incompetent management, horrible scheduling, toxic workplace

Just no

Not a single working system, never labels dates on anything, mean to staff, with holds pay (never was paid a cent), messy, not organized efficiently, not trained properly, breaking health and safety protocols, not timed well, just all around MESSY. Not only my self but many who worked there before me and one who I worked with was either having their pay withheld, cut, or not paid at all - which was pretty much the case. STAY AWAY!

Pros

Breaks

Cons

Pay

Worst place to work at

This is the worst plave to work because of zero professionalism and work environment. It is hub of exploitation. Hence, all workers are students and from India. They do not hire people from Canada because of less opportunity of exploitation in that case. No work ethics, customer service or professionalism. Better to starve out of poverty than working here

Pros

Cons

Zero professionalism, Workers considered of no value, Owner can abuse you anytime anyday depending upon his mood, No accurate division of labour, Zero team work

Very collaborative in nature

You can learned different things. Very collaborative work. A diverse community. You will develop interpersonal skills, can upgrade your communication and non-verbal skills. A busy workplace. Management is supportive with the employees needs. You will need to work fast at all times. Observing all company policies and procedures as well as the food safety procedures.

benefits

Cons

not really

Fast paced but good

If you are short tempered then this company is not meant for you. Everyone works in this company which is a good sign. But overall I would say it is fairly good company to work for. Owners are good understanding. They listen to staff if approached. Salary is good if you deserve. I would surely recommend this company.

Pros

Free lunch for managers. 50% for others. Free drinks

Cons

If you can work then no cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Popeye's Restaurants. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9K