Popeye's Restaurants

Popeye's Restaurants Employee Reviews

Staff and coworkers were amazing however, there was months were I went without getting a schedule and had pretty good hours and once I got a schedule my hours were just completely cut
Pros
Free meals
Cons
little and sometimes even no hours
This is a good place to work when in high school but if you're older than that it's not a great place to work. If you have a hard time understanding accents especially Indian/Pakistani you might have a hard time understanding your co-workers. If you're working in downtown Toronto and don't speak Hindi you might also have a hard time.
Pros
free/discounted food
Cons
very little diversity
It is very clean and nice place to work a friendly management. Nice employees... safe place. Sometimes when short of stuff I have to work by yourself, others wise it's good.....
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Not enough hours
My manager taught me well and understood if I ever made a mistake in the beginning. The only reason I quit was my sensitive sense of smell. I could no longer smell like fried chicken.It’s an amazing place to work but someone who can tolerate the smell of burning oil and Crispy chicken should be able to work. I loved working here but at the same time if my health doesn’t permit that’s, do I need to?
Pros
Free food
Cons
Smell of chicken n fryer.
I hated my experience to work there as the management is worst and you always have to make sure you are praising your manager so that you can get our minimum hours.They will hire lots of employees and later will be not able to provide you the shift.
Pros
Nothing Except 50% off on the food while you are on shift.
Cons
Working experience was awful, no encouraged anyone, and everyone talked behind everyone. Clearly, i will not recommend this restaurant to anyone. I did not enjoy my work there.
Pros
Just coldDrink was free
Cons
Only cons were there
I’ve been in the company for about 8mos and still my insurance benefits wasnt processed. I work more than 12hrs a day even its holiday yet no overtime pay. Plain lie. Only talk.
Pros
Free lunch for management only
Cons
Less hours, no rest, call you even if restday
The place has a very toxic environment to work. Won’t get enough hours to earn enough money . People there are not nice at all and make jokes behind your back. Felt terrible working at this place.
Cons
Less work hours
The boss expects you to work all the time, no weekends off and no holidays off. If you call in you get bashed on, and lose hours. Very unfair place to work as they continuously hire and hire and hire people, and then cut the hours of the people they don't like or that don't perform to the A+ standard of the "popeyes procedures". Absolutely discriminating work place. Do not work here unless you are in school.
Pros
50% off food on shift
Cons
no room for recruitment, managers are garbage.
This company should hire different nationality not only those from India, Pakistan and Asian. Being professional is the key and they have to follow Canada rules. Management are treating their employee like a slave not human.
Pros
free meal
Cons
stress
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Popeye's Restaurants?
The management at these restaurants are atrocious. You are not given the hours you are promised, shifts are taken away and added at the last minute, you are expected to stay longer than your scheduled shift... many times i was scheduled until 11 pm and was given a guilt trip into staying until 1 or 2 am to do jobs that were not my responsibility, and then was expected to be back the next morning and do it all over again, might i add i was not paid for this extra time. I talked to the management several times about increasing my hours, since in my interview i mentioned i needed full time and i was promised these hours, and they told me they had so much staff so they had to cut peoples hours... in the same day they hired 2 new people. The management also does not stand up for their staff when they are being screamed at by customers. I recall a time where a customer was yelling and getting increasingly angry... even to the point where he was about to become violent... and the manager didn’t do anything to help. I could go on and on, but the bottom line is... it is not a good place to work, especially if you are trying to support yourself, as i was.
Pros
Food was good
Cons
Horrible management
They trained me for cashier, then day two they had me training other people, there were managers constantly speaking Punjabi around me even when it was very clearly about me. They hired me full time and gave me 23.5 hours of work in one week then haven't given me a shift since. They also keep me hired to lower their taxes which is highly illegal. Their sanitary precautions are terrible and don't have the proper size of gloves available. Not to mention I was forced to borrow someone else's hat. I have full intention of calling the job board and having them shut down. I am not the only person who was hired that experienced these issues and it has become rather inappropriate. I have also been trying to contact the owner for multiple weeks and with no response.
Hired way too many people when they opened. Tried to make me feel better by claiming I was one of their best workers then proceeded to cut mine and everybody else's hours. Expiry dates don't matter, they had me season 8 boxes of chicken that expired either that day or the next day rather than throwing them out. If you bring up your hours they just "let you go" also really felt a strong racial bias while working there
it was the best job I did for a long time I love everything about i work heard I was sr cook I work for Popeyes for 3 years i love the people I work for thay were great
Pros
free long
Cons
i love long hours
I joined popeyes when i came to Canada.I worked there for almost 18 months.I love to work there.My colleagues helped me a lot to learn new things.The atmosphere was very good.I dealt with different customers having different culture and languages that gives me opportunity to learn the customer skills.
Working at popeyes chicken was good experience. I got to learn many things such as dealing with different customers, steps of customer service, food safety, brand standards, etc. Also have experience of Management and shift supervisor.
A good job to start as part time . Teamwork is main factor too for working in a fast paced environment .It is a great opportunity to work in Popeyes I really enjoyed the time I worked in the restaurant.
Food was served fairly quickly which was necessary as you most likely wanted to leave immediately as they were not implementing the indoor mask policy. Suggest you use the drive thru only to play it safe.
Pros
Stressful
Cons
More opportunities
There isvery proper management and co workers are friendly and supportive. They are very helping while you are on training. There are 3 days training to learn. Thanks
Pros
Co workers friendly
Cons
Working here in a fast paced place is hard but the trainers are always their for you if you start as newbie. Punctuality is mandatory here and no phones allowed in the kitchen.
Pros
Free food
Need improvement in every section, staff never coordinate with each other they always had conflict among them. Some food is contaminated . All duties are assigned to single person like doung dishes , cleaning kitchen, front and drive thru stations , pop machine cleaning , mopping and sweeping . Never got breaks on time. Shortage of staff .one person at one time.
Cons
long wait time