Popeye's Restaurants Employee Reviews

Found 317 reviews matching the search See all 6,317 reviews
Easy Job and time goes by
Restaurant Manager (Current Employee) –  Lindsay, ON7 February 2019
The place is excellent because of the great team but too much work load. Pay is not that great but benefit of free food and beverages. Flexible work hours and a positive experience in general
Pros
Flexible working hours
Cons
Little pay with too much work load
make the best of it
Ontario - Cashier (Former Employee) –  London, ON22 January 2019
the same as any other fast food restaurant chain market, up sell and charge people for the extra sauce at all times. make sure to get the washrooms cleaned
Pros
a discount on your lunch
Cons
management
Good place to work part time
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Airdrie, AB7 January 2019
The job is relatively easy and straightforward but management is not very clear on what the rules and regulations are and they fire people with no warning. The hours are part-time at best.
Pros
50% discount on your shift
Cons
Poor hours
wouldn't recommend
Team Member/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ON4 January 2019
Job was fantastic until new management came in and started changing everything and we all lost hours. would not recommend. worked here for over a year. didn't wanna leave than the new owners came
Pros
fun staff
Cons
horrible managers no respect
High energetic vibe and productive workplace
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON3 January 2019
A typical day at work would be always making sides and foods, making sure the environment is clean, having everything stacked and ready for customers. I learned how to be productive and fast within the workplace since it is a fast food chain. I have also learned how to be more organized since the workplace is supposed to be organized. I was hired to be a part-time worker at Popeyes. At the workplace, everyone was always quick and persistent when dealing with a customer, to make sure the food is ready, supplies are given, and making sure the environment is clean. The hardest part of the job was that there was so much going on at Popeyes which made me feel overwhelmed at first when working. But soon enough, I did get used to it. The most enjoyable part of the job was that I personally loved making the biscuits since it was simple and fun to do.
Pros
Discounts for lunches
Cons
multi task and fast paced work environment with great team to work.
Manager Trainer/Customer Service Supervisor/ARL (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON3 January 2019
A typical day had a lot of work to do. You can not relax at all even on the slowest day. Learned a lot about guest service. Management is not so understanding. A fast paced work atmosphere with lots of room for improvement. Hardest part of job is no ifs and buts. You got to do what you are asked for, and that is the most enjoyable part of job also at the same time.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
no benefits
Do yourself a favor and skip this company
Restaurant Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON26 December 2018
Disorganized management, poor treatment of employees, skip this company. Have to fight to get paid for what you are owed, and no chance to make more than minimum wage.
talks to the management works accordingly
Customer Service/ Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 December 2018
inventory of the products
scheduling the employees according to the availability.
informing the owners about the updates in the store
maintain the store cleaning and ordering
Very good experience with Popeye's team
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON18 November 2018
Very good time with Popeye's restaurant. Got lots of experience with new people learned alot under management. And proved my skills with great knock on international level become number one restaurant of the year in international. Very happy with my performance and also with my team.
Great Team Environment, Fast Paced
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lindsay, ON17 November 2018
Popeyes in Lindsay has a great team who look out for eachother and pick up the slack when people are lacking. The job itself wasnt overly stressful, not counting for the occasional customer or rush, and I enjoyed my time at work. Though, this is after getting used to the pace of the job, which was difficult due to their poor training. Training itself is unpaid, which wouldn't be as much as a problem if it was actual training. Basically you just shadow the employees, and try to help where you can, but theres no formal training. Months after I started working there I was still learning how to do things just because they diddnt come up in the first few days of working there. You do eventually learn how to do things on your own, but does make the few first shifts very stressful.

Overall, if you can handle a learn as you go, fast paced job, this is perfect. Once you understand how to actually do the job it becomes easy, it just whether or not you can keep up.
Pros
50% off all food purchases, free drinks during working hours, flexible scheduling
Cons
Long hours, late hours, occasionally required to do tasks that are meant for different types of jobs
Do not work here at all
cashier / Newcastle (Former Employee) –  Newcastle, ON4 November 2018
I quit working here because the management is absolutely TERRIBLE. The restaurant is so disorganized, unprofessional, and pretty disgusting. Some of my coworkers fail to understand basic hygiene and never wear hair nets or wash their hands. I have also noticed many instances of cross contamination. all of the staff is brown except for me. I am constantly discriminated against. They never speak English around me even when calling orders to the cook and talking about work related topics. I would not recommend working here to anyone. there is never any schedules made you would wait to get a phone call. there is just so much people need to know about this place but the list is way too long.
DO NOT WORK HERE AT ALL.
productive and fun workplace.
Cashier and Customer Service/prep cook (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK4 November 2018
productive and fun workplace with a diverse work crew,every one was super nice and very helpful ,
management was very helpful,
they taught me about customer service and ,to always smile.
frankly speaking there wasn't any hardest part in the job.
the most enjoyable part of the job was to see that smile on customer face when they get their food happy.
Pros
you can get free drinks, and sometimes food if you want.
Cons
there was some times when i had to work some few extra hours, but that was fine by me.
Gave me a-lot of experience and helped me learn many skills.
Cashier/Sides (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON31 October 2018
This job was really helpful I felt as if this was my first real job it taught me how to be independent, how to manage my time and it helped me break out of my shell and gave me the confidence I needed to interact with people.
best place to work
cook (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON25 October 2018
A lot of good food and a very great price. I had the lamb dish and a bit of the beef dish and both were very flavorful and large portions. The dishes automatically came with tang flavored mango juice and a banana, which is apparently normal for Somali Foods restaurants. I would go again. For those who are wondering it is halal.
popeyes
Cashier, packager (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB24 October 2018
I really like to work at popeyes because the staff members at popeyes are very polite and they all work at in a team to make popeyes more famous. Moreover it was my first job in canada at popeyes so i really enjoy my work. When the popeyes was started there were too many people come to eat popeyes food bacause popeyes is one of the famous franchises in Canada. I learn too many things at popeyes like I learn how to do team work, how to give good service to the people.The most good thing was that I never feel different from another people. We work together as a team members.
Pros
All things are excellent
Cons
Productive and sometimes fun place.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  62 overlea blvd22 October 2018
Its nice working at popeyes, I have learned to how to deal with customers and I have also learned about how there are always different kind of customers. The management is fine. Sometimes when I get a lot of shifts it is hard for me to take an off because no body is ever available to cover my shifts. The most enjoyable part of the job is that the managers are really nice and they joke around with us once in a while.
Pros
Free lunches.
Excellent job environment, glad I could spend my time here
Employee (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON19 October 2018
This was my first job where I learned my first customer service skills i used up until this day. I loved preparing and serving food to customers as it would be prepared with great quality, but a downside to this job was sometimes them manager would not treat you fairly, therefore, I did not feel comfortable.
good job
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON17 October 2018
• Provided friendly and timely food and drinks service.
• Handled all cash and credit card transactions.
• Took orders on phone calls and record sales details
• Transported orders from kitchen to counter
dfdsfv jfjhfjf
Line cook - Provided food on time and well cooked (Former Employee) –  London, ON17 October 2018
THEY DONT RESPECT EACH OTHER AT THE WORK PLACE.
I CAN Never work here again period. Worst boss I ever had period, ask me for my job back and I said no!
Pros
fdsvdfv
Cons
fdsvfdvdsv
Not all stores are the same GM makes or breaks store
COOK (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON14 October 2018
Staff Managers are great new GM has a rough demeanor and stiff guideline that he is above but requires everyone under him to follow. Popeye Franchise owner is caring and a good person and someone I respect
Pros
Friendly goups with exception to GM
Cons
GM conflict does not follow guidelines for himself

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Popeye's Restaurants. Our community is ready to answer.

51.8K