Popeye's Restaurants Employee Reviews

Found 309 reviews matching the search See all 6,094 reviews
Very good experience with Popeye's team
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON18 November 2018
Very good time with Popeye's restaurant. Got lots of experience with new people learned alot under management. And proved my skills with great knock on international level become number one restaurant of the year in international. Very happy with my performance and also with my team.
Do not work here at all
cashier / Newcastle (Former Employee) –  Newcastle, ON4 November 2018
I quit working here because the management is absolutely TERRIBLE. The restaurant is so disorganized, unprofessional, and pretty disgusting. Some of my coworkers fail to understand basic hygiene and never wear hair nets or wash their hands. I have also noticed many instances of cross contamination. all of the staff is brown except for me. I am constantly discriminated against. They never speak English around me even when calling orders to the cook and talking about work related topics. I would not recommend working here to anyone. there is never any schedules made you would wait to get a phone call. there is just so much people need to know about this place but the list is way too long.
DO NOT WORK HERE AT ALL.
productive and fun workplace.
Cashier and Customer Service/prep cook (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK4 November 2018
productive and fun workplace with a diverse work crew,every one was super nice and very helpful ,
management was very helpful,
they taught me about customer service and ,to always smile.
frankly speaking there wasn't any hardest part in the job.
the most enjoyable part of the job was to see that smile on customer face when they get their food happy.
Pros
you can get free drinks, and sometimes food if you want.
Cons
there was some times when i had to work some few extra hours, but that was fine by me.
Gave me a-lot of experience and helped me learn many skills.
Cashier/Sides (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON31 October 2018
This job was really helpful I felt as if this was my first real job it taught me how to be independent, how to manage my time and it helped me break out of my shell and gave me the confidence I needed to interact with people.
best place to work
cook (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON25 October 2018
A lot of good food and a very great price. I had the lamb dish and a bit of the beef dish and both were very flavorful and large portions. The dishes automatically came with tang flavored mango juice and a banana, which is apparently normal for Somali Foods restaurants. I would go again. For those who are wondering it is halal.
popeyes
Cashier, packager (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB24 October 2018
I really like to work at popeyes because the staff members at popeyes are very polite and they all work at in a team to make popeyes more famous. Moreover it was my first job in canada at popeyes so i really enjoy my work. When the popeyes was started there were too many people come to eat popeyes food bacause popeyes is one of the famous franchises in Canada. I learn too many things at popeyes like I learn how to do team work, how to give good service to the people.The most good thing was that I never feel different from another people. We work together as a team members.
Pros
All things are excellent
Cons
Productive and sometimes fun place.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  62 overlea blvd22 October 2018
Its nice working at popeyes, I have learned to how to deal with customers and I have also learned about how there are always different kind of customers. The management is fine. Sometimes when I get a lot of shifts it is hard for me to take an off because no body is ever available to cover my shifts. The most enjoyable part of the job is that the managers are really nice and they joke around with us once in a while.
Pros
Free lunches.
Excellent job environment, glad I could spend my time here
Employee (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON19 October 2018
This was my first job where I learned my first customer service skills i used up until this day. I loved preparing and serving food to customers as it would be prepared with great quality, but a downside to this job was sometimes them manager would not treat you fairly, therefore, I did not feel comfortable.
good job
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON17 October 2018
• Provided friendly and timely food and drinks service.
• Handled all cash and credit card transactions.
• Took orders on phone calls and record sales details
• Transported orders from kitchen to counter
dfdsfv jfjhfjf
Line cook - Provided food on time and well cooked (Former Employee) –  London, ON17 October 2018
THEY DONT RESPECT EACH OTHER AT THE WORK PLACE.
I CAN Never work here again period. Worst boss I ever had period, ask me for my job back and I said no!
Pros
fdsvdfv
Cons
fdsvfdvdsv
Not all stores are the same GM makes or breaks store
COOK (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON14 October 2018
Staff Managers are great new GM has a rough demeanor and stiff guideline that he is above but requires everyone under him to follow. Popeye Franchise owner is caring and a good person and someone I respect
Pros
Friendly goups with exception to GM
Cons
GM conflict does not follow guidelines for himself
It was quite a good place to work with the co workers
Cashier and Cook (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 October 2018
Working at popeyes helped me a lot . And i learned more about how to work hard and learn about teamwork .

It was a nice place and friendly environment.
Pros
Free lunches
Good, really good
Floater (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON3 October 2018
so good. Like crazy good it was so good I can't even explain how good. like so ungodly good that all the good in the world, NAY THE UNIVERSE can be located directly inside their chicken I swear.
terrible place to work at
worker (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON2 October 2018
I would not recommend anyone to work at this place. It is very unprofessional, the pay is terrible, and it is very filthy.
There were a roach infestation at their walkley location, when the employees approached management about the issue, they only shrugged their shoulder saying, since no one has reported them yet, they're fine.
The working conditions were deplorable, exhausting hours, very low staff, bad pay.
Pros
nothing at all
Cons
exhausting hours, terrible working conditions, health hazards, horrible pay, horrible environment, power-tripping management
good culture
Supervisor & Cook (Former Employee) –  269 queen street easy1 October 2018
good work
friendly environment
fast faced
multi tasked
good management
able to work under pressure
time management
leadership qualities
quality of food
productive and busy workplace
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON1 October 2018
A typical day starts slow and quiet but during rushes we experience a mass oh about 100 customers in a hour
The hardest part of the job is the unseen difficultys behind the counter that the staff have to deal with like not having enough chicken or running out of containers for our product while still needing to meet customer demands
Pros
free lunches and 10% discount on food while not working
Cons
usually understaffed in kitchen
Happy work place, with amazing views
Cashier and Cook (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, AUS26 September 2018
Hamilton islands resort was an experience I'll never forget. From the moment I arrived, I was treated as a valued member of the team. Popeyes Fish n Chips was a fast food restaurant that would get extremely busy during the week, but having a good team we were able to run smoothly without hiccups. This was a good reflection of the management and the company.
Pros
free pop
Busy environment
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON26 September 2018
Working at Popeyes is a stressful and overwhelming job, but it did teach me many things such as, working fast and efficient under pressure, team management, prioritizing and solving conflict with ease. The most enjoyable part of the job for me was getting to socialize with so many different people of different cultures, and just building a relationship with them.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
i get bad skin due to all the frying food
Its a pretty decent part time job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON26 September 2018
A typical day at work would consist of hungry and angry customers usually, about an hour of nobody being in the store, and finally about 15-20 minutes before closing time, everybody suddenly craves the delicious chicken that Popeye's provides for the general public.
Pros
Discounted purchases during lunch breaks
Cons
Tiring
Fun job, low pay, rough schedule
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 September 2018
The Good:
-- The work was fun and easy enough
-- All of my coworkers were very friendly and made for a great work environment
-- Working with customers provides excellent experience in communication, handling disputes etc.
-- Learn lots about providing good service
-- Growth potential (Relative)- within just a few months of hard work, the general manager was already talking to me about becoming a team leader and grooming me for management

The not so good:
-- Since this is the hospitality industry, the busiest times are evenings and weekends. therefore you don't always have time for family and friends. one time i had to work 12 days in a row...
-- The pay is not great at all. As a cashier i was only earning six cents more than minimum wage. Rumor had it that shift managers only earned about fifty cents more than us and the general manager only at 3,000 per month salaried.
-- apart from franchising or making it into head offices there is not much earning potential
Pros
Free leftovers
Cons
Low pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Popeye's Restaurants. Our community is ready to answer.

51.7K