Popeye's Restaurants
Here to help: Coronavirus update
Updates from Popeye's Restaurants:

Popeye's Restaurants Employee Reviews

Canada467 reviews
It was a good experience
Be prepared for the interview get use to
Working with others even if you don’t like them work hard and show your hiring manager you are the one for the job
Competitive and productive place with hot and spicy chicken.
Love to work and competitive and friendly staff. Popeye's restaurant is best ever restaurant for chicken. I personally love your chicken. Talking about your workplace is very friendly and productive.
Fun workplace
Working at Popeyes was a good experience to get faster at serving customers, and you always have to be in time with the food not getting cold and being fresh for customers.
Excellent time working with them
Tasty food
Excellent customer service

Adaptable atmosphere

Positive vibes and attitude

Everyone behaves friendly and cooperative with one another

Enjoyed working there
fun to work and good to get experience.busy place wioth lots of work in one go.need to be quick
it's areally busy place to work however you will get good experience as the restaurant never gets empty and there is a lot of things to get a perception to work here.good place with a good environment.quick and fast service chicken served and sandwiches are made very quick on orders you will learn ways to handle the customer and make food at the same time that will, however, increase the efficiency.
a fast food restaurant
Often laid back but stressful and busy as well. Many of the employees are favoritized by management and work load is unfair. There is no respect for privacy or space for workers, you will not be given your worker's rights due by law.
way too much work for minimum wage
My location had everyone's training shift a day before we opened the store, meaning we had to become competent workers within a 4-hour shift a day before an extremely busy opening day. There were very nice co-workers in the first few weeks of working there but all the good employees quit for easier jobs with better pay. The main issue I have with the job is the management mentality of doing everything really quick, which don't get me wrong is perfectly good in a fast-paced environment to better serve customers, but when they ask you to do a 30-minute task in 10 minutes just so they can send you home early without having to pay you it gets old quick. The worst example of this was when they told me to do dishes and would periodically come to the back to tell me to go faster, expecting me to clean 15+ large metal trays and lids that are used to store raw chicken in 10 minutes, and ignoring my insistence on cleaning dishes thoroughly. The absolute worst thing about the job is they forced every employee to complete 10+ hours of online training with only an hour of it paid. So when I say that it is too much work for minimum wage, expect to work really quick to be sent home early, do tedious amounts of online training, and clean the bathrooms regularly, all for what should be an average fast-food job.

The most enjoyable part of the job is probably interacting with customers because I actually take pride in the quality of the food and it was nice making sure customers enjoyed their food, the managers left you alone in the lobby.

Small nitpicks:

-took two-weeks to put doorknobs
 - more...
Nice work place and team members are very cooperative
I learned preparing their food recipes and adjusting, attending customers with smile.i also learned to be professional like no cell phones used at work hour .
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Popeye's Restaurants?
Fun workplace
10 hours shift
Learned more about frying chicken, making sandwiches and poutine

good management

fun workplace

weekend rush hours

the relationship with co-workers
Although you learn different type of skills automatically by working in this field but this work is really hard as compared to other jobs.
My opinion about this job is that in the very beginning there are possible chances that you will find this job so stressful and you might prefer to quit job, but my friend this might appear hard for you in starting . Seriously it is not that difficult and you will know soon if you choose to stay long in this field.
mangement and discipline
i like to work there because the staff is very supportive and all the tasks are performed with proper discipline. the mangers are very supportive and they maintain proper discipline at the work.
High pressure and horrible environment
Super heavy load of work with less time. You need to rush to finish your job in time and in doing so you might leave the dishes in dirty condition. They have unrealistic expectation of your job. I always struggled to finish my job and no matter how hard I try, it never works.
Pros
50 percent discount for food
Cons
It is a good place to work at
Popeyes is a top most restaurant of North America. Food tastes so good and working with Popeyes make you learn customer services and you get chance to improve your management skills
I had a great time working with the company
I had a great time working with the company. A tough job, but it is rewarding. Great management, and a very helpful team. Competitive pay compensation, and benefits.
working is fun
I'm working as a cook or production in the popeyes as my experience in that store the environment was so nice there its very overwhelming all there equipments, utensils and staff its very organize that i cant even have a hard time to find what i want and need at my shift
Fun
Fast speed work that requires good social and communication skills. The store that I had experience at had great management. Overall experience was fun.
Okay job.
It was an okay job. Not the job I was looking to have but it was something that helped me out at the moment. Only thing I didn't like was I was told I was going to get more than 50 hours but that was a lie.
N/a
Friendly co workers with great communication skills, always willing to help out where they can, fun place to learn new skills as well as make new friends and meet new people
Fast Paced
Working at a fast food place on a University campus is as stressful as you can get. Long shifts and the lines are always long it feels like. You learn how to deal with pressure from costumers and even from managers.
A horrible experience
This was the worst work experience I have ever had very poor management , very unprofessional atmosphere I encountered racism from the management and very poor treatment, despite working hard and doing what I was supposed to do
Pros
Nothing.
Cons
As stated above.
Alright
I wasn't the biggest fan of working there. A bunch of teens was pretty much running the place and I was going through a rough patch in life when I started and ended.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Popeye's Restaurants. Our community is ready to answer.
2.6K