Pomme Natural Market logo
Pomme Natural Market
View all Pomme Natural Market reviews

Pomme Natural Market

Pomme Natural Market Employee Review

Grocery department: Repetitive tasks, but fun workplace and nice coworkers

As a grocery clerk, you receive shipments, go through invoices and organize products onto carts to be put into the store or in backstock (extra stuff) to be put out on a later date. Shift tasks are very repetitive and mostly consist of putting products onto a cart from shipments or backstock to be put away in the store. On closing shifts, you spend the last few hours facing products in every isle and coolers. Occasional duties like cooler, fridge and freezer restock or organization are assigned to someone. Most boxes are very heavy and in hard to reach areas. A very tall ladder is used to get backstock products from high shelves and it can be kinda scary. Management in the grocery department was very nice and good with scheduling or requesting time off. Management in other departments were knowledgeable and offered help if needed. I learned a lot about nutrition and the various plant based options that are offered in the store. I really appreciated the fact they had recycling, garbage, food waste and plastic disposal areas.

Pros

Local company, Free coffee and tea, Often had product demonstrations and you can try all of the foods, You get one 30min and two 15min breaks every shift, Always working with multiple employees.

Cons

Very repetitive tasks, heavy lifting and climbing, The paperwork is sometomes confusing, Managment gets visibly stressed

4.0Job security/advancement

Same role

Good working atmosphere

I didn't work there for too long, but I did enjoy my time at Pomme very much. The staff and management were very friendly and the atmosphere at Pomme was always very positive.

Official response from Pomme Natural Market

19 December 2019
Thank you for your review! I'm glad you noticed the inviting atmosphere at Pomme- we greatly appreciate our customers and our team and I'm glad it shows in our culture. :)
Same location

Great environment

Working at Pomme was a great! The other co-workers are all easy to get along with, and the work is what you sign yourself up for. The management team, as well as the owners are very great to get along with, and are always approachable when you need them. Everyone is friendly, especially the regular customers that you'll get to know. I felt like this job was an excellent stepping stone and helped me with my professional development.
Same location

Busy store, but the staff make work fun

The store is really busy and there's always lots to do. Everyone is friendly and lots of people become friends outside of work. Management is approachable and helpful. Perks: 20% discount, wellness program, fun activities for staff, benefits for full-timers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pomme Natural Market. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.8Job security/advancement
  • Pomme Natural Market
  • Grocery department: Repetitive tasks, but fun workplace and nice coworkers