Pomme Natural Market
Pomme Natural Market Employee Review

Good working atmosphere

3 May 2019
I didn't work there for too long, but I did enjoy my time at Pomme very much. The staff and management were very friendly and the atmosphere at Pomme was always very positive.
5.0Job security/advancement
4 September 2020
Same role
Grocery clerk (Former Employee) - Port Coquitlam, BC
As a grocery clerk, you receive shipments, go through invoices and organize products onto carts to be put into the store or in backstock (extra stuff) to be put out on a later date. Shift tasks are very repetitive and mostly consist of putting products onto a cart from shipments or backstock to be put away in the store. On closing shifts, you spend the last few hours facing products in every isle and coolers. Occasional duties like cooler, fridge and freezer restock or organization are assigned to someone. Most boxes are very heavy and in hard to reach areas. A very tall ladder is used to get backstock products from high shelves and it can be kinda scary. Management in the grocery department was very nice and good with scheduling or requesting time off. Management in other departments were knowledgeable and offered help if needed. I learned a lot about nutrition and the various plant based options that are offered in the store. I really appreciated the fact they had recycling, garbage, food waste and plastic disposal areas.
Pros
Local company, Free coffee and tea, Often had product demonstrations and you can try all of the foods, You get one 30min and two 15min breaks every shift, Always working with multiple employees.
Cons
Very repetitive tasks, heavy lifting and climbing, The paperwork is sometomes confusing, Managment gets visibly stressed
18 May 2020
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) - Victoria, BC
I started off as a Co-op student and really enjoyed my time there. It was very natural to extend my duration with Pomme as upper management is very helpful and encouraging to work with. The reason I left Pomme was I had to relocate to Vancouver and get some public practice experience. Pros: Great work-life balance, decent pay (considering Victoria), helpful team (great people to work with) Cons: career progression ( Pomme is a small-medium sized organization so there is not a lot of space to grow).
9 January 2020
Customer Service (Former Employee) - Port Coquitlam, BC
Working at Pomme was a great! The other co-workers are all easy to get along with, and the work is what you sign yourself up for. The management team, as well as the owners are very great to get along with, and are always approachable when you need them. Everyone is friendly, especially the regular customers that you'll get to know. I felt like this job was an excellent stepping stone and helped me with my professional development.