Pomme Natural Market

Pomme Natural Market Employee Reviews

Canada13 reviews
As a grocery clerk, you receive shipments, go through invoices and organize products onto carts to be put into the store or in backstock (extra stuff) to be put out on a later date. Shift tasks are very repetitive and mostly consist of putting products onto a cart from shipments or backstock to be put away in the store. On closing shifts, you spend the last few hours facing products in every isle and coolers. Occasional duties like cooler, fridge and freezer restock or organization are assigned to someone. Most boxes are very heavy and in hard to reach areas. A very tall ladder is used to get backstock products from high shelves and it can be kinda scary.

Management in the grocery department was very nice and good with scheduling or requesting time off. Management in other departments were knowledgeable and offered help if needed.

I learned a lot about nutrition and the various plant based options that are offered in the store. I really appreciated the fact they had recycling, garbage, food waste and plastic disposal areas.
Pros
Local company, Free coffee and tea, Often had product demonstrations and you can try all of the foods, You get one 30min and two 15min breaks every shift, Always working with multiple employees.
Cons
Very repetitive tasks, heavy lifting and climbing, The paperwork is sometomes confusing, Managment gets visibly stressed
I started off as a Co-op student and really enjoyed my time there. It was very natural to extend my duration with Pomme as upper management is very helpful and encouraging to work with.
The reason I left Pomme was I had to relocate to Vancouver and get some public practice experience.

Pros: Great work-life balance, decent pay (considering Victoria), helpful team (great people to work with)

Cons: career progression ( Pomme is a small-medium sized organization so there is not a lot of space to grow).
Working at Pomme was a great! The other co-workers are all easy to get along with, and the work is what you sign yourself up for.

The management team, as well as the owners are very great to get along with, and are always approachable when you need them.

Everyone is friendly, especially the regular customers that you'll get to know. I felt like this job was an excellent stepping stone and helped me with my professional development.
The store is really busy and there's always lots to do. Everyone is friendly and lots of people become friends outside of work. Management is approachable and helpful. Perks: 20% discount, wellness program, fun activities for staff, benefits for full-timers.
it was ok it was not not ok but it was ok to work at this ok company with ok stuff you can buy i was very ok at this company spending my days working ok on ok tasks
I didn't work there for too long, but I did enjoy my time at Pomme very much. The staff and management were very friendly and the atmosphere at Pomme was always very positive.
I felt happy when I work on wild days(our sales day), is the day that all the staff is in , and the nice feeling that every customer evokes. Working at Pomme is encountering with a friendly work environment.
Great place to work. From the store quality to the staff. My coworkers made the really obnoxious and entitled customers bearable. Even the owner is great.
Pros
staff, store products, benefits
Cons
stressful environment, entitled customers
Official response from Pomme Natural Market
19 December 2019
Thank you so much for your review! The team at Pomme is fantastic and I'm glad your experience has been great :) Our customers are educated and curious and we appreciate that they are discerning with their requests. It's what draws them to our stores!
Pomme is a great place to work. Everyone is super friendly, and the staff genuinely make an effort to get to know one another outside of work. I've met so many great people from my time there. The staff really start to feel like family!

Pomme offers professional development programs and a great extended medical and dental benefits package. They also offer a generous staff discount to all employees which helps promote and sustain a healthy lifestyle. Pomme also offers flexible scheduling, which is super important for maintaining a healthy work-life balance, especially for students!

They also have Happiness Project events every so often, which are tons of fun. There's been a gingerbread house decorating contest, pumpkin carving contest, staff bowling night, and even a team building escape room event. They're is always receptive to new happiness project event ideas too.

Overall, whether you're looking for full-time or part-time, Pomme is a great place to work. The people are awesome and everyone works as a team, which makes for a much more enjoyable work day.
Pros
great staff, benefits, discount, flexible scheduling, fun staff events
Cons
short-staff
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Pomme Natural Market?
I genuinely like everyone I work with. Many of us have worked together for years and we have a lot of laughs.
Pomme is a great place to work if your interested in health and nutrition.

The Staff love to share their knowledge and are very supportive of one another and new hires.

The owners have given us a great discount that makes living a healthy lifestyle easier to maintain and recommend to our customers.

We also have the opportunity to take advantage of free education seminars from many of our suppliers.

You have to have very good customer service skills because our customers have a lot of requests and questions but the good thing about that is you learn a lot and really get to know the regulars.

You can feel good about the products your selling!
Pros
People and good food
Pomme is a really great place to work. Most of the employees and managers are very nice, easy-going, and very fun to work with. There is very much a team-based atmosphere, which makes it more fun and comfortable. The staff is absolutely the best part of working at Pomme! There are definitely opportunities for growth, however, because Pomme is a small business, it can take time for those opportunities to present themselves. For full-time employees, Pomme offers pretty decent benefits and is quite flexible for all employees, part-time or full-time. There are quite a few long time employees here and also employees that have left and come back. I would definitely recommend Pomme as a place to work!

The only con would be that Pomme is frequently under-staffed, which means that the employees have a lot of work to do. The wages could also be better as well.
Pros
Benefits, flexibility, great staff
Cons
Under-staffed, wages
The management team (including the owners) are inappropriate and unprofessional. There is constantly drama and gossiping in the work place, that the management team is involved in. You can also tell that the owners don't care about their employees at all.

The employees are caring and easy to get along with.
Cons
constant belittling
Everyone at Pomme is incredibly nice and all share a love of organic, and healthy foods. The one exception being the Produce "manager" who seemed to have a vendetta against other employee's, and was also just a fill-in manager, after the last one was let go. All the customer's were very friendly people, including a lot of regulars who gained personal relations with many employees.
Pros
Great co-workers, environment, customers all with the same goal of a healthier future
Cons
Zach, the Produce "manager"