Pomeroy Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Very poor pay; do not support their employee's.
End User Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, Ontario19 August 2014
I was the only Canadian employee in Pomeroy working at my customer site Nissan Canada. In 2012 Pomeroy took over OAO Technology Solutions (whom hired me) and I got a new Pomeroy manager. My only contact with Pomeroy was on the phone/E-mail. Even thou I had excellent reviews I would get a 32cent/hr yearly raise ! The IS manager at Nissan was by biggest supporter. When an opportunity came up at Whirlpool (Pomeroy's new Canadian customer) for a junior PC technician they would not send me for an interview despite the fact I am A+ certified and have on the job experience. I lived 10 minutes from Whirlpool and instead of sending out one of their own employee's they put out ads on the internet. I strongly do not recommend Pomeroy.
Pros
Cons
Poor pay. Payroll department makes mistakes.
Chances Fort St. John has great coworkers and staff
Administration and Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Fort St John, BC20 March 2013
I enjoyed working at Chances Fort St. John. The staff are friendly, outgoing and I miss working with them. Management was helpful in supporting my learning and success, and the floor staff was welcoming and friendly.

There are issues where head office is not local, but that is a trend you see with companies that have expanded. This is Pomeroy's first introduction to Gaming and this caused some difficulties as general and overarching policies made by Pomeroy for hotels and restaurants were not as applicable or easily adapted for a Gaming Centre regulated by the government.

I would recommend working for Chances Fort St. John and the management there.
Pros
supportive coworkers, friendly staff and interesting jobs.
Cons
you do have two bodies governing the workplace policies and procedures, so if you are implementing both it can become difficult, but the staff is willing and the managers are supportive.