Pomeroy Lodging

Pomeroy Lodging Employee Reviews

Canada56 reviews

growstaffopportunitycaremanagerenvironmentcompanylot

Fun interacting with guests

Not fulltime unfortunately. Great interacting with guests and crews, young people in management so things could be better, but they are learning. Pay is good.

Great workplace, excellent wages

Great work place - the wages are better than others in the valley and lots of good perks (travel benefits, medical). The general vibe is relaxed and people are well treated.

Pros

Wages & perks (free cafeteria, travel benefits)

Cons

located in remote locations

Insights into Pomeroy Lodging

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Support from manager
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction

Stay away if u want to excel in the restaurant industry

Most unorganized place I've ever worked. Managers are there for paychecks only . Place could be burning down n you wouldn't be able to find s Manager. Don't want professional servers . Staff accommodations lol. Jail cells are better Place is falling apart Don't work there

Pros

Free sub par food

Cons

Overall a fun fast paced Job that challenges you to keep on your toes but Management can be extremely Tyrannical at times.

Typically was slow due to Covid-19 but the people and customers always made in enjoyable, you learn to think fast and react faster, Management could be pretty bad but for the most part tolerable. The most difficult part of the job was Communication issues on the radio with some people mumbling or accents causing issues but once you get to know the job it gets easier with time, The people you meet and work with are by far the most enjoyable part of the job and were always super friendly and willing to lend a hand

Fabulous management

Management is super friendly, great at accommodating your schedule requirements, and works along side all departments when necessary. There is adequate training to make sure you feel comfortable in your roll and the different shifts provide an option for those more suited to a certain area; for example, those wanting to spend time behind the scenes preparing breakfast versus those who prefer to greet more of the guests upon their arrival in the evening.

Good productive work environment and it has some great perks!!!

I have been with Pomeroy for 8+ years and the only thing about a typical day at work is that its never typical or boring. There are always new challenges and in saying that I am always provided with the right tools and/or resources to meet those challenges head on. The management allows me to experience, learn and grow, its all part of the culture of this company and makes going to work each day exciting. I enjoy working for Pomeroy Lodging.!!

Highest wages offered in hotel industries

They offer highest wages and there are always rooms to grow with the company. With many locations across provinces and even Alaska location, you can transfer to many places and still keep the same wage wherever you go.

Pros

Wages, many locations

Best Employer.

Since starting with Pomeroy, I have been treated so nicely! I've had opportunity to advance in job position and REALLY enjoy working there. There are so many different job types available so working with Pomeroy is a great option. They are super flexible and willing to work with anyone who is employed with them. All the employees I've met have been with Pomeroy for multiple years and that's saying something about what it's like to work for this company! There are so many helpful programs that are offered as well if your employed! I'd recommend Pomroy to ANYONE! It's a great company and I'll be working for them for years to come!

Pros

Everything!

Fast Pace and Fun

I enjoy working at Pomeroy Lodging, it is profession, fun and fast pace. The hotel work together as a team in all areas. There are incentives and benefits and rate of pay is great.I love the challenges that come with the job and has great values.

Pros

Pay is good. Staff and friendly and hard working

Fierce Hospitality Company

Having worked for this company for more then a decade it is dedicated to making sure the people are trained properly for their positions, all information about job tasks are given to ensure success and our people are given the right tools to succeed best at their positions.

Good Place to work, opportunities for advancement

Pomeroy has treated me well and has given me continuous opportunities to grow into new roles. What started as just a job has turned into a career. Pomeroy does a great job of recognizing and celebrating hard work and achievement within the company at all levels.

Great place to work, friendly staff, helpful hands on manager

We have a very flexible work schedule, we work with everyone to make time off requests work.It can be very busy some days but we all work together to get things done, and are appreciated for our hard work. Very good wages,good benifits with 5 payed personal days, great medical and dental and length of service rewards.

Pros

Great wages and friendly staff

Cons

Fast paced but rewarding and fun

This is the best work environment and work culture I’ve worked at before. My managers are all very helpful and friendly and I feel like my work is valued here :)

Long term career

I’ve been with the Pomeroy for almost 6 years, this was my first ever job and I couldn’t be happier that I found the place on the first try that I plan on staying at. In the past 6 years I’ve worked my way up from a room attendant to now being a guest service manager. There’s always room to grow within the company and the work environment is so comfortable, my teams are my second family.

A fun workplace

This company gave me the opportunity to showcase my skills and capabilities. As a front desk supervisor, my decision-making is honed and has made me do every task professionally.

Pros

Top of industry wage, Hotel employee discounts, Paid trainings.

Great management and healthy environment

Staff is very friendly and supportive right from upper management to co-workers. Great place to work where you learn, grow and are taken care of. The company offers great personal benefits.

Friendly and patient staff

I was really impressed how accommodating they treat the new staff. Everything was smoothly and well documented process. it was challenging to work on different environment of work but staff and management were accommodating, they provide sufficient training for you.

Great Culture and company

I am working in this company for more than 3 years now. The management here is so supportive and there is always growth opportunities in every field. The company allowed me to be more creative and given many opportunities throughout.

Fun place to work for. Only hire the best of the best. Lots of space for improvement and advancement.

Can be cross trained to multiple department for advancement. Management if very helpful and quick to response. I enjoy my job as a Manager. Not only is naturally challenging, it is also fulfilling. A lot of advancement if desired to grow within the company and takes care or the employees with benefits and culture.

Pros

Free lunches. Monthly pizza party

Cons

N/a

It's the culture that makes it

This company has a great employee culture. I feel my opinion is valued, along with my coworkers, and I feel the company is always working to improve itself.

Productive, Easy, and Supportive

I've worked for Pomeroy for 4 months now, and overall I cannot complain about my job. I am very grateful to see the guests that stay with us, my co-workers and managers around the property and they have always been there to support me. I have learned a lot in the 4 months of working here and still am learning new things every day. It's a very great place to work at.

Pros

Great benefits, Supportive staff and management.

Cons

No cons.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pomeroy Lodging. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement