Pomeroy Hotel and Conference Centre Employee Reviews

Great staff, terrible wage and horrendous management.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB26 April 2019
Stay clear of this place, don’t waste your time dropping of a resume here, the only bonus you will get here is a free meal, the diversity of culture is pleasant, but that’s the only thing, that is pleasant. I worked there for many years, there is no room for growth or pay increase, the lack of management is appalling, the food safe is nonexistent, and management could care less if you worked there you’re whole life, as soon as you leave they would start slandering your name, so I’ve heard. The owners, also have family members that work there, that can do no wrong no matter what happens or take responsibility for when they mess up, conflict of interest comes into effect with them.
Pros
Free meal
Cons
Overall this has been my favourite job yet
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB12 April 2019
Overall the Pomeroy Hotel is a good place to work. The coworkers are friendly and look out for one another.m. Depending on what department your in your manager will vary. I worked in the kitchen. The manager is understanding and tries to accommodate your needs. All the employees seem to get along well, although there is a lack of communication between everyone. My other issue is the lack of training I had. I was briefly shown what to do and just sent free on my own to figure out.
Pros
Free meal
Cons
Absolutely terrible management team in restaurant
Restaurant Server (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB21 February 2019
Not understanding at all . Don’t appreciate staff , lack of communication between management and employees . Absolutely terrible at making schedules. Sick days don’t matter to them, they don’t care about staffs health or well being . Will never work for this management team again.
Pros
Rest of staff was awesome
Cons
Disrespectful, un appreciated, not understanding, no communication
Poorly managed & poor food safety
Server (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB10 February 2019
Poorly managed and can’t keep staff. You’ll be tranining someone new on your second day. Kitchen staff is very nice and helpful but food safety leaves little to imagination. If you ask a question or suggest something shot down immediately.
Pros
Lots of hours
Cons
People no show and you can seemingly never leave
Management sucked
Banquet Server (Former Employee) –  Fort St. John, BC7 April 2018
No managers cared about how clean anything was even cups and utensils. The interaction was the best part of the job. The managers didn't like conflict so they wouldn't do anything if something happened between staff members.
Pros
Made alot
Cons
No one cared for customer satisfaction
Can be a fun place to work depending on the department your in.
Various Positions (Current Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB10 August 2017
Cooperation within management is superficial. Tools are not always available or appropriate to get the job done. Schedules are only issues on a weekly basis and hours vary depending on the bookings within the hotel.
Cons
No hours for long periods of time to very long hours without breaks.
professional and good working environment
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB24 November 2016
they have helped me to continuously gain knowledge about my work. They have helped me with any issues that arise on my shift and allows me to handle minor complaints. They have been very professional in work. They always make sure that they are there whenever you have any questions and help you with guest complains. They also help you build your confidence by letting you be a part of an exercise. Working at Poermoy helped me to become a better employee and individual.