Polycom, Inc. Employee Reviews

Learned a lot
Credit Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CA4 April 2018
Overall I had a great experience working at Polycom Inc.
I was brought on-board as a consultant and I was able to utilize my keen skills and make a contribution to the organization.
The department I worked in was a relaxed atmosphere which made it a fun place to work.
Needs improvement.
Video Managed Support Technician, WCNA (Former Employee) –  Corvallis, OR 973314 April 2018
The culture is very fast pace. Lots of products and systems to learn but lacked the training and documentation to support the customer efficiently.

The culture also depends on the management. We started independent then became micro managed and structured as more managers wanted more control.

Employees are not screened for compatibility which caused conflicts between employees, management and HR.

Advancements are few but can be achieved by self improvement and education.
Pros
Lots of systems to learn.
Cons
Micro Management
The best company I have worked so far for.
Database Marketing Manager - EMEA (Former Employee) –  Slough1 March 2018
I have spent nearly 3 years with Polycom. Due to the great and amazing boss who unfortunately left the business I can say that was the best company I have worked for. Very strong Working From Home culture. Very open people out of EMEA region. I was based in Slough. Good work and life balance. Not that many perks though.
Pros
Working From Home, flexibility, good culture
Cons
perks
productive environment and very educational
Corporate Buyer (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CA1 March 2018
Coming on board, the company was just a startup with about 150 employees. Withing three years there were over 1000 and we continued to grow with purchases of other companies in the same field. This gave me the opportunity for additional education and advancement. Within two years, I went from a tester to a buyer and supported over 2500 employees.
Pros
energetic environment, great pay, great benefits
Cons
lots of overtime including working on weekends
very competitive products
Sr. World Wide Channel Partner Curriculum Manager (Former Employee) –  Milpitas, CA2 February 2018
I worked off bay shore road in San Jose during me work period there. Very old "tired" buildings. Manager was very poor at leadership and was somewhat disorganized providing objectives and how these objectives were to be achieved.
Decent place to work
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CA31 January 2018
Lots of change in terms of company structure. Numerous CEO changes and company ownership changes caused many issues internally. Maybe with the latest acquisition, things might be more stable.
Great place to work and grow
Network Engineer (Current Employee) –  Austin, TX10 January 2018
Good place to learn and grow and develop. Lots of opportunities for a newbie to acquire. Good working conditions. Nice Manager who looks after employees!
Great benefits, horrible middle managers.
Production and Quality Specialist (Former Employee) –  Englewood, OH10 December 2017
If there was a poster company that embodied the saying, "too many chiefs at the fire", it was Polycom. I have never had meetings, about the next meeting, about what we want to do, and then maybe something gets done. All the meanwhile you are bombarded by deadlines, but stuck in meetings. Company allowed the business units to be run like Greek city states. You weren't sure if Cisco was our competitor or our own colleagues. The balance to all of that was a top shelf benefits package.
Benefits
Cons
Infighting
ambiente laboral malo
mecánico operador (Current Employee) –  Guadalajara, Jal.6 December 2017
falta de personal en todos los turnos ,pocas prestaciones superiores de ley
Great Company
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Andover, MA4 December 2017
Super place to work and learn how to us Channel and Resellers Polycom will introduce you to a lot of local professionals that are the best in the area. You can learn a lot with working opportunities with them.

Want to know more about Polycom, Inc.?

Ask a question
Job Review
Customer Support Tecnical Advisor (Former Employee) –  Belfast2 December 2017
*busy, dynamic, interesting, customer facing work
*a lot about communication to customer in order to achieve great *results and meet customers's expectations
*friendly and supportive
*tolerant to different nationalities
*the technical part
*learning new things
Fast Pace environment
Fiels Sevice Eng (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FL28 November 2017
As a field eng the integrations were very fast pace and busy especially working all over the East Coast witha great support from management and high levels of engineering
Pros
Cons
Traveling with short notice
Good company but lacking direction
Services Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX5 November 2017
Too many changes and no definate direction. I am not sure why do I need to write so much. But in short good but lack of direction made too many people leave or got laid off.
Learned a lot in my time at Polycom
Director Services Sales (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GA2 November 2017
There is great opportunity at Polycom. challenges come from lack of long term view of account assignments, training and agility to market trends. Unclear strategy to beat competitors like Cisco, Pexip and BlueJeans Network.
Pros
Overall value of the experience
Cons
Adaptibility to market trends
steady
Global Major Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TX27 October 2017
Competitive market place.
Overall good people. Good products and great market place. Brand recognition is solid. Professionals in the UC market recognize and respect Polycom.
Highly stressful work place
Senior Fixed Asset Accountant (Contractor) (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CA22 October 2017
It was a very competitive and political work place. If the employees would have been stronger at training others, it might have made the place a bit better.
Pros
Paid for meals and hotel for overtime
Cons
Super stressful work environment
Very stable reliable company
Operations Senior manager (Former Employee) –  Englewood, Ohio6 October 2017
Polycom management did take employees seriously and invited all employees to voice their ideas and suggestions Management made you feel valued and that you had a valuable role in the daily operations
Pros
Valued
Cons
Some late/early hours to participate in over seas business conference calls
Enjoyed the recruiters when I met them.
see above (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CA29 September 2017
Spherion is / was a staffing company. I was sent out to jobs on a temporary basis.
Meeting new people and doing various assignments. Increasing my knowledge base.
Pros
They found job for me.
Cons
Travel to job was too far.
Good workplace
Senior Web Services Specialist (Current Employee) –  Hyderabad15 September 2017
It is work wise good place, But I am looking for complete work from home jobs. Hence looking out. I have strong infrastructure support skill set using linux and DNS server and website support experience, but not able to us completely here.
A decent company with good people
Cloud Managed Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Corvallis, OR13 September 2017
Polycom is a good company at its core but they are by nature a company first people second company. I enjoyed my time working there tremendously but there are a lot of easy to fix problems that unfortunately the right people won't ever get the task of solving.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Polycom, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.