Pollard Banknote Limited

Pollard Banknote Limited Employee Reviews

Canada41 reviews
Everyday was a new adventure
Each day produced a new set of challenges. Departments often had to work together to overcome these challenges. Gave 110% every day and always left feeling that I had done my best. Great company to work for!!
Other than vindictive management they are ok
I spent over ten years there. I was key in getting their 26 station press up and running. Made improvements to their maintenance program that are still saving over a million a year in press up time. Spent months also working in their US facilities. Walked out with zero explanation other than “I didn’t fit in.” Nice
While the people are great, the work got pretty bland fast
A great job for someone just out of university wanting to put their newly learned skills to the test, but it feels like you either stay there for a year and move on to bigger things, or you stay there for life. It is a great culture, and you never have to worry about bringing your work home with you. You are paid well for the work that you do.
Slave labor. Never enough. Your only a number
Revolving door of staff. Poor management. The pay is not worth the job or the hours. 12 hours of manual labor. No value of employees, if your hard worker you wont get any satisfaction from this place.
Prefer not to say
I prefer not to say anything.

I was able to establish a market for the company in my territory, but the company went in another direction that was not in line with the marketplace at that time.
1 year
After working there for almost a year and half, I learned a lot of things and met a lot of great people. If you are willing to work and learn new things do not be afraid to ask any of the operators ( finishing department ) for help because they are always open to train whomever wants to excel in the company.

Overall I would recommend working here if you are motivated and willing to learn new things specially if it will benefit you in the future.
Toxic culture
Management will find a reason to scold you even you do as asked. HR will help them do it. No support for workers or recourse. HR is there only to write up employees, not to help them.
Pros
Coworkers are great
Cons
Managers and HR are hostile
You never would know what your day would bring as my job was to keep the printing plant of 300 personnel operational
Every day was a new challenge to keep the plant running and operational. If the presses weren't running, operators would be sent home without pay so I needed to always have the machines in good condition and operational.
I felt a responsibility to make sure no one went home...
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Pollard Banknote Limited?
Friendly and supportive environment
It is a very good place to work. The management listens and fixes problems right away. The employees are all very nice and its a positive environment. Only reason i left was because i had a bad back and couldn't contribute anymore.
Assistant manufacturing
The management is awesome
Great work ambience

Amazing team work

Only the wage is not great

Social events almost once per month

I loved work for them
Pros
Social event often
Cons
Good life balance
Is a great place to work. You sometimes get to pick your hours. It has a great team work ethic when working with some of the managers. But it is difficult to work the long hours in front of a computer screen
Dont work there unless you enjoy pain and headakes.
I guess by now management must know folder operators aren't grown from the end of a shrink wrap line. Absolutely no respect for the honest effort given. My brother put it best, let them Parrish. The place is packed with hacks. You'll always have to rebuild the folder at the start of each shift.When the hackers run into a problem all they do is fill up the feeder with as much numbered stock as they can so you can start your day by unloading it all in sequence hopefully without scratching any tickets. Bathrooms are filthy.
Competitive and clique-ish
Printing is a toxic job, the inks and solvents were volatile and I couldn't do it anymore after 6 months on production floor. The hours are also quite long, 12 hour shifts and every other Saturday. Housekeeping and Shredding were okay jobs, but it's just an unhappy place to work.
Pros
high wages, lots of overtime
Cons
long hours, toxic material, overtime cannot be refused
Decent enough
Pollard can be a great place to work, depending on the department/management. It can also be an unfortunate place to work, depending on the department/management. For the most part, people seem satisfied, but dig a little deeper...
Pros
free parking
Cons
toxicity
Good place to get experience and then move on
Complex infrastructure where you can touch a lot of different type of IT devices and gain a lot of experience. Not a good place to stay though, management doesn't understand what IT means and how the company heavily relies on the IT deparments for everything.
Pros
Company provided pension plan
Good place to get experience and then move on
Dead end Job!!!
The management will hire ANYONE to fill a space, regardless of experience or ability. Management will lie to your face, and then turn around and say the complete different story when discussing issues with the position.
Run,,,,Run fast! DO NOT APPLY HERE, low wages, inconsistent hours and poor training. You will be better off at any other company!
Exciting Technology Company
Pollard is an exciting company to work for. It's a global company with some great technology products. It started as a print business but it's quickly evolving into a tech company. Lot's of great software development projects using a modern tech stack. The management team looks after their staff and motivated employees have a lot of opportunity for advancement.
Pros
Great culture, CEOs, great technology
Cons
Tight deadlines at times
Wonderful place to work. Family run environment, ensures you feel appreciated. Owners are amazing role models for a good work ethic and how to respect employees.
Fun workplace to do work with together to all countries people.
Good Team work & Good Job for life as well as for body too. We learn too much about job. It is very confidential production job. A typical day was our last day at the job because we did not want to leave it. Overall Management is good. It was not hard job compare to other company, like reliable hours, break time, lunch time all manage good. I like Saturday pizza party. Most enjoyable day, moment & part I would like to say that, one day some tickets was missing, so on that day all employee from Finishing workers to Supervisor, up to two days we found tickets from big garbage bins. That was awesome day. I would like to do work again over there.
Pros
Pizza Party
good
Great Place
Good company to work for
strong safety culture

excellent management

focus on staff development and training

community focused

fair workplace practices
Pros
pay
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pollard Banknote Limited. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9