Policaro Group

Policaro Group Employee Reviews

Great place. New people too often

This is a great place to make money. Good spiff money and bonus. Turn over is high for management therefore management never has a chance to grow with the team and turn over is high for the team. I really liked this place. If it wasn't for the turn over of management 3 times since I worked there, I would have stayed. HR is amazing. Lunch on saturday. Good spiff money, rude managers.

Pros

Free lunch on saturday and lots of events with free food

Cons

Management makes you feel very replaceable

Great work environment and culture

If you put in the time, you will be rewarded. Very fast paced environment with lots of support from management. The work life balance and culture is well above industry standard and the company takes pride in looking after its employees.

Pros

Great opportunities for career advancement.

Excellent Place of Work! Highly Recommend!

I would highly recommend Policaro Group, especially Porsche Centre Oakville. Everyone I work with always has a smile on their face! Management is excellent! They are always trying to make your job as smooth as possible.

Pros

Great Managers, Good Pay, Excellent Workplace Culture

Cons

Occcasionally Staying After Hours

Low wages and High Stress; MGMT looks to save money.

At Policaro Oakville, initially it was a great job. I often took initiative educating myself on the company and the cars, the systems we worked within and anything I could get my hands on. I worked multiple jobs, and was a top performer, taking in the most calls and receiving the most positive feedback guests (all of this is kept score of). But I would still be written up for very obscure reasons and I would constantly be told I wasnt doing enough. I was doing more than enough. Raises were our of the question, finding the correct management to speak with was impossible - nobody knew what or who was the person responsible. And I believe it was all on purpose so us low level employees would never feel safe and secure in our jobs. They would also have us train our replacements, this happened to atleast 4 people.

Pros

The other staff were often wonderful people

Cons

They renegotiated most peoples pay after the pandemic to be paid lower, while having their most successful corporate year.

Stay away

They say family business. LOL it’s the new generation of Policaro the kids And they are 100% grown up silver spoons, looking down on the employees. CEO is the worst of them all.

Cons

Productive place and lntitution to learn

Place where people can build career, learn and gain experience. Supportive and professional approach to coach people. A family like environment. People work here for longer time, it shows that they are so happy to work here.

Pros

Best culture and support to polish your skills

Stay away from this place, worst place to work ever

Worst place ever. Owners are rude and ignorant, only say hello to sales reps as they bring the money. There is favoritism. To get a wage increase you have to beg, there is no room for growth. Abusive Managers get away with that, no one makes them accountable for harassing people, if you complaint you get retaliation and don't even go to HR because is useless. The only good thing is the people, good co-workers that's what made my day for my time at this company. When I finally quit, that was the best day of my life.

Not something you'd want to do full time

Speaking as a former full time employee I can honestly say working at Family Honda is the most stressful job I've had. The pay and benefits are great And the employees are wonderful, loved my co workers. However, management micromanage you and they are extremely aggressive and rude at times. Was promised growth but only found myself doing all the things other people didn't want to do without compensation. This is an okay job for someone looking to just make some cash but someone looking to grow and build a career in the automotive industry, I'd say look elsewhere. Also they have no compassion when it comes to illness and days off...your job is threatened immediately. You will also find favoritism amongst some employees and managers. They will be able to sit with the manager and chat for 90% of the day while you work till you can drop.

Pros

Free lunches on Saturday. Great team

Cons

Long hours, rude managers, favoritism

Worst place to work

I used to work here. It is one of the worst place you can image to work at. They rate your performance based on your personality, and from where you're coming from. Veryyyy strict company policy, and if they do not like your accent they treat you different from the other employees and it feels like you are the target all the time, and they are just waiting for your next mistake so they can tell you that they do not want to work with you anymore. As you are starting to work at new place you are not familiar with all the things they are doing. Here they will tell you once, and if you ask a second time they do not respect you any more.

Pros

Good money

Cons

Worst staff, worst company politics, rude employees

Great place to work.

I have recently joined the Policaro Group and so far my time here has been great. Everyone is very welcoming no matter which dealership I visit. Management is not intimidating and they truly do have an open door policy with their employees. I have a manager who does not micro manage me but instead trusts that I have the skills and abilities needed to do the job that I was hired to do. I feel very motivated to do well and work harder because management shows their appreciation for their employees and the time they take to do a great job. It definitely makes a big difference when you enjoy coming to work everyday!

Pros

Great managers, Great employees, Great family.

Great People, Great Work place!

There are not enough positive things to say about the Policaro Group. My current manager is simply amazing! Altogether, upper management of the Policaro Group as a whole is the BEST out there! Working for the group has proven to me that it is a place I want to stay employed at 'forever'. Customer service is key to the Policaro Group, of course - but the treatment of employees is also second to none. Hard work and dedication never goes unnoticed here! They truly show their appreciation, every owner/manager never passes by without saying hello, they know their employees names and you are not simply just a 'number'. Though the automotive industry is fast paced and can sometimes be stressful, the amount of support and assistance that co-workers and upper management provide employees here at the Policaro Group allows for stressful situations to become stress-free very, very quickly. It is a rewarding place to work and I wouldn't change it!

Pros

Appreciation, Approachable upper management, Internal Promotion

Great Place To Work!

I have been with the Policaro Group for over 6 years. One of the best managed dealerships around. Great place to work and great people! Great choice for career advancement as they own multiple brands.

Great team and productive work environment

Great business and more importantly, great people to work for. Management is quick to get involved and guide you as needed. As a sales person I have the tools needed whether it's training, inventory, or the great business development team to help with follow up. You can always find turnover in automotive business and in particular with the sales team. However, instead in my five years with the group I've seen many people join and grow within it.

Pros

- Great demo program and bonuses. Great colleagues!

Cons

Fast-moving environment so you're constantly on the go

Fast Paced, Innovative, Visionary Workplace!

A growing organization that fosters career growth and opportunity while providing a fair and consistent work environment for those individuals looking for a challenge. Many opportunities to develop your knowledge of the Automotive Retail industry in various areas of the Dealership and having the chance to work with long-tenured employees to guide and mentor you through this industry. Working with Automotive professionals from Sales to Service to Corporate Head Office employees. Focused environment where all employees are guided toward a common vision of growth and success. For those individuals looking to work in a fast paced environment where strategy and fostering ideas outside the box are welcome, will thrive in this organization.

Pros

Job Opportunities, Various Automotive Brands, Corporate Structure, Great Employees, Welcoming Environment.

Great Place To Advance Your Career

Hard work pays off with opportunity to succeed, grow your skills and your career Great mix of team members who are focused on Team Work and growing our business to it's Full potential Good work / life balance and a rewarding experience

Pros

Team Work and Benefits

Excellent place to work

Great place to work. Great management team who is always willing to help you succeed at your role. Just the right balance of fun and productivity. You can expect an enriching experience in a family environment.

Pros

opportunity for advancement

I think the People are what make this workplace great

In the roll I am in now I feel that the stress and the pace of my day leaves me frazzled at the end of the day. I find I go home thinking about what I didn't get done today and what needs to be done tomorrow ( maybe just a bit to much) I'm always doing something. and even while I'm doing something Ill have 1-2 others asking me to help them. Manager I work for is Awesome! Just wish I was paid better. Also because I was here so long (15 plus years) . I get 15 days of paid vacation . But that became mandatory for people with new regulations I think Policaros could review the policy and maybe give those with High years here the 4th week off?

Pros

Awesome people to work with

Cons

Just wish I was paid a bit better.

Great Group

Awesome place to work. Managers do push you on your performance but they treat you with respect, which is hard to find in this business. As a tech there is always work available!!

Pros

lots of hours and training

Cons

benefits could be bit better

Policaro automotive company

I am a outside broker who’ has done business with the Policaro for over twenty five years . This owner operating family is one of the top organization to be part of in Canada. Coming from a family run business myself. These entrepreneurs have to be congradulate for their risk taking and finically exposure they have taken to employee so many and serve their clients with top Quaitly service in all their brand. They truly deserve to be awarded a national Canadian business award of excellence.

Pros

They strive for excellence!

Probably the best place I have ever worked

It is rare to find a company that actually cares about their staff. If you work hard, it doesn't go unnoticed and you will get rewarded. The management is amazing, and It's a great place to work overall. I LOVE going to work. I feel appreciated, respected, and I enjoy everyone I work with.

Pros

Staff, beautiful offices, great management, competitive pay

Worst place to work

This is by far one of the worst places I have ever worked. I was employed for 8 months, even though I was one of the top performers. They told me they were going in a different direction and that i was doing nothing wrong but was being let go regardless. Management does not care about staff. It's like working on the set of the young and restless. Drama and too much office politics. Do not work here unless you want a short term job, because clearly when you let them know you're in for the long run and would like to move up in the company that means nothing. They won't keep you based in performance or things they should Be looking for in a good employee, instead they will be judging you based in if they like you personally.

Pros

No pros

Cons

Drama, office politics

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Policaro Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.8Job security/advancement