Policaro Group Employee Reviews

Worst place to work
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Former employee15 December 2018
I used to work here. It is one of the worst place you can image to work at. They rate your performance based on your personality, and from where you're coming from. Veryyyy strict company policy, and if they do not like your accent they treat you different from the other employees and it feels like you are the target all the time, and they are just waiting for your next mistake so they can tell you that they do not want to work with you anymore. As you are starting to work at new place you are not familiar with all the things they are doing. Here they will tell you once, and if you ask a second time they do not respect you any more.
Pros
Good money
Cons
Worst staff, worst company politics, rude employees
Great People, Great Work place!
Sales (Current Employee) –  Brampton, Ont14 September 2018
There are not enough positive things to say about the Policaro Group. My current manager is simply amazing! Altogether, upper management of the Policaro Group as a whole is the BEST out there! Working for the group has proven to me that it is a place I want to stay employed at 'forever'. Customer service is key to the Policaro Group, of course - but the treatment of employees is also second to none. Hard work and dedication never goes unnoticed here! They truly show their appreciation, every owner/manager never passes by without saying hello, they know their employees names and you are not simply just a 'number'. Though the automotive industry is fast paced and can sometimes be stressful, the amount of support and assistance that co-workers and upper management provide employees here at the Policaro Group allows for stressful situations to become stress-free very, very quickly. It is a rewarding place to work and I wouldn't change it!
Pros
Appreciation, Approachable upper management, Internal Promotion
Great Place To Work!
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Brampton, On11 September 2018
I have been with the Policaro Group for over 6 years. One of the best managed dealerships around. Great place to work and great people! Great choice for career advancement as they own multiple brands.
Great team and productive work environment
Product Advisor (Current Employee) –  Brampton, Ontario11 September 2018
Great business and more importantly, great people to work for. Management is quick to get involved and guide you as needed. As a sales person I have the tools needed whether it's training, inventory, or the great business development team to help with follow up.

You can always find turnover in automotive business and in particular with the sales team. However, instead in my five years with the group I've seen many people join and grow within it.
Pros
- Great demo program and bonuses. Great colleagues!
Cons
Fast-moving environment so you're constantly on the go
Great place. New people too often
Family Honda Lease Portfolio Manager (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON10 August 2018
This is a great place to make money. Good spiff money and bonus. Turn over is high for management therefore management never has a chance to grow with the team and turn over is high for the team.
I really liked this place. If it wasn't for the turn over of management 3 times since I worked there, I would have stayed. HR is amazing.
Lunch on saturday. Good spiff money, rude managers.
Pros
Free lunch on saturday and lots of events with free food
Cons
Management makes you feel very replaceable
Fast Paced, Innovative, Visionary Workplace!
Finance (Current Employee) –  Greater Toronto Area, ON4 July 2018
A growing organization that fosters career growth and opportunity while providing a fair and consistent work environment for those individuals looking for a challenge.

Many opportunities to develop your knowledge of the Automotive Retail industry in various areas of the Dealership and having the chance to work with long-tenured employees to guide and mentor you through this industry.

Working with Automotive professionals from Sales to Service to Corporate Head Office employees. Focused environment where all employees are guided toward a common vision of growth and success. For those individuals looking to work in a fast paced environment where strategy and fostering ideas outside the box are welcome, will thrive in this organization.
Pros
Job Opportunities, Various Automotive Brands, Corporate Structure, Great Employees, Welcoming Environment.
Great Place To Advance Your Career
GM (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON27 June 2018
Hard work pays off with opportunity to succeed, grow your skills and your career

Great mix of team members who are focused on Team Work and growing our business to it's Full potential

Good work / life balance and a rewarding experience
Pros
Team Work and Benefits
Excellent place to work
General Manager (GM) (Current Employee) –  Brampton, On20 June 2018
Great place to work. Great management team who is always willing to help you succeed at your role.
Just the right balance of fun and productivity.
You can expect an enriching experience in a family environment.
Pros
opportunity for advancement
I think the People are what make this workplace great
Shop Foreman (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ontario20 June 2018
In the roll I am in now I feel that the stress and the pace of my day leaves me frazzled at the end of the day.
I find I go home thinking about what I didn't get done today and what needs to be done tomorrow ( maybe just a bit to much)
I'm always doing something. and even while I'm doing something Ill have 1-2 others asking me to help them.
Manager I work for is Awesome!
Just wish I was paid better.
Also because I was here so long (15 plus years) . I get 15 days of paid vacation .
But that became mandatory for people with new regulations I think Policaros could review the policy and maybe give those with High years here the 4th week off?
Pros
Awesome people to work with
Cons
Just wish I was paid a bit better.
Great Group
Technician (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON15 June 2018
Awesome place to work. Managers do push you on your performance but they treat you with respect, which is hard to find in this business. As a tech there is always work available!!
Pros
lots of hours and training
Cons
benefits could be bit better
Policaro automotive company
Outside broker (Former Employee) –  Lexus , Toyota, Honda , Harley5 June 2018
I am a outside broker who’ has done business with the Policaro for over twenty five years .
This owner operating family is one of the top organization to be part of in Canada.
Coming from a family run business myself.
These entrepreneurs have to be congradulate for their risk taking and finically exposure they have taken to employee so many and serve their clients with top Quaitly service in all their brand.
They truly deserve to be awarded a national Canadian business award of excellence.
Pros
They strive for excellence!
Probably the best place I have ever worked
Reservations (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON9 January 2018
It is rare to find a company that actually cares about their staff. If you work hard, it doesn't go unnoticed and you will get rewarded. The management is amazing, and It's a great place to work overall. I LOVE going to work. I feel appreciated, respected, and I enjoy everyone I work with.
Pros
Staff, beautiful offices, great management, competitive pay
Worst place to work
Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON21 April 2017
This is by far one of the worst places I have ever worked. I was employed for 8 months, even though I was one of the top performers. They told me they were going in a different direction and that i was doing nothing wrong but was being let go regardless. Management does not care about staff. It's like working on the set of the young and restless. Drama and too much office politics. Do not work here unless you want a short term job, because clearly when you let them know you're in for the long run and would like to move up in the company that means nothing. They won't keep you based in performance or things they should Be looking for in a good employee, instead they will be judging you based in if they like you personally.
Pros
No pros
Cons
Drama, office politics
Extreme turnover and owners micromanage business.
Technician (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON25 August 2016
Worked there in the past and found management didn't care much for employees and the owners can be very difficult to work with and micromanage their business.
Can be very unprofessional in their treatment of employees.
Pros
Some good people work there
Cons
Low pay, owners don't appreciate employees
easy access to the location of the employment
PAYROLL AND BENEFITS ADMINISTRATOR (contract) (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON11 July 2016
- very busy environment
- broad minded people
-able to learn and develop my skills
- good co-workers
Company needs to focus more to diversifying their thoughts and action in maintaining their employees.

- quite a bit employee turnover.
Very busy and strict
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON3 February 2016
The work environment was good till the Policaro had a little bit of drama and the atmosphere got tense. A lot of the Sales reps are friendly and communicate well with everyone. Management wasn't the best when it came to customer service and clientèle invites.
Pros
Free lunch on weekends
Cons
Management disregards communication with employee's.
Productive and Enjoyable Place to Work
Concierge (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON17 April 2015
Professional, fast paced atmosphere.

Great management, professional, easy to work with and very positive.

Productive, overall enjoyable place to work.
Pros
Company events