Policaro Group

Policaro Group Employee Reviews

Canada20 reviews
I have recently joined the Policaro Group and so far my time here has been great. Everyone is very welcoming no matter which dealership I visit. Management is not intimidating and they truly do have an open door policy with their employees.

I have a manager who does not micro manage me but instead trusts that I have the skills and abilities needed to do the job that I was hired to do.

I feel very motivated to do well and work harder because management shows their appreciation for their employees and the time they take to do a great job.

It definitely makes a big difference when you enjoy coming to work everyday!
Pros
Great managers, Great employees, Great family.
Worst place ever. Owners are rude and ignorant, only say hello to sales reps as they bring the money. There is favoritism. To get a wage increase you have to beg, there is no room for growth. Abusive Managers get away with that, no one makes them accountable for harassing people, if you complaint you get retaliation and don't even go to HR because is useless. The only good thing is the people, good co-workers that's what made my day for my time at this company. When I finally quit, that was the best day of my life.
Speaking as a former full time employee I can honestly say working at Family Honda is the most stressful job I've had. The pay and benefits are great And the employees are wonderful, loved my co workers. However, management micromanage you and they are extremely aggressive and rude at times. Was promised growth but only found myself doing all the things other people didn't want to do without compensation. This is an okay job for someone looking to just make some cash but someone looking to grow and build a career in the automotive industry, I'd say look elsewhere. Also they have no compassion when it comes to illness and days off...your job is threatened immediately. You will also find favoritism amongst some employees and managers. They will be able to sit with the manager and chat for 90% of the day while you work till you can drop.
Pros
Free lunches on Saturday. Great team
Cons
Long hours, rude managers, favoritism
I used to work here. It is one of the worst place you can image to work at. They rate your performance based on your personality, and from where you're coming from. Veryyyy strict company policy, and if they do not like your accent they treat you different from the other employees and it feels like you are the target all the time, and they are just waiting for your next mistake so they can tell you that they do not want to work with you anymore. As you are starting to work at new place you are not familiar with all the things they are doing. Here they will tell you once, and if you ask a second time they do not respect you any more.
Pros
Good money
Cons
Worst staff, worst company politics, rude employees
There are not enough positive things to say about the Policaro Group. My current manager is simply amazing! Altogether, upper management of the Policaro Group as a whole is the BEST out there! Working for the group has proven to me that it is a place I want to stay employed at 'forever'. Customer service is key to the Policaro Group, of course - but the treatment of employees is also second to none. Hard work and dedication never goes unnoticed here! They truly show their appreciation, every owner/manager never passes by without saying hello, they know their employees names and you are not simply just a 'number'. Though the automotive industry is fast paced and can sometimes be stressful, the amount of support and assistance that co-workers and upper management provide employees here at the Policaro Group allows for stressful situations to become stress-free very, very quickly. It is a rewarding place to work and I wouldn't change it!
Pros
Appreciation, Approachable upper management, Internal Promotion
I have been with the Policaro Group for over 6 years. One of the best managed dealerships around. Great place to work and great people! Great choice for career advancement as they own multiple brands.
Great business and more importantly, great people to work for. Management is quick to get involved and guide you as needed. As a sales person I have the tools needed whether it's training, inventory, or the great business development team to help with follow up.

You can always find turnover in automotive business and in particular with the sales team. However, instead in my five years with the group I've seen many people join and grow within it.
Pros
- Great demo program and bonuses. Great colleagues!
Cons
Fast-moving environment so you're constantly on the go
This is a great place to make money. Good spiff money and bonus. Turn over is high for management therefore management never has a chance to grow with the team and turn over is high for the team.
I really liked this place. If it wasn't for the turn over of management 3 times since I worked there, I would have stayed. HR is amazing.

Lunch on saturday. Good spiff money, rude managers.
Pros
Free lunch on saturday and lots of events with free food
Cons
Management makes you feel very replaceable
A growing organization that fosters career growth and opportunity while providing a fair and consistent work environment for those individuals looking for a challenge.

Many opportunities to develop your knowledge of the Automotive Retail industry in various areas of the Dealership and having the chance to work with long-tenured employees to guide and mentor you through this industry.

Working with Automotive professionals from Sales to Service to Corporate Head Office employees. Focused environment where all employees are guided toward a common vision of growth and success. For those individuals looking to work in a fast paced environment where strategy and fostering ideas outside the box are welcome, will thrive in this organization.
Pros
Job Opportunities, Various Automotive Brands, Corporate Structure, Great Employees, Welcoming Environment.
Hard work pays off with opportunity to succeed, grow your skills and your career

Great mix of team members who are focused on Team Work and growing our business to it's Full potential

Good work / life balance and a rewarding experience
Pros
Team Work and Benefits
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Policaro Group?
Great place to work. Great management team who is always willing to help you succeed at your role.
Just the right balance of fun and productivity.

You can expect an enriching experience in a family environment.
Pros
opportunity for advancement
In the roll I am in now I feel that the stress and the pace of my day leaves me frazzled at the end of the day.
I find I go home thinking about what I didn't get done today and what needs to be done tomorrow ( maybe just a bit to much)

I'm always doing something. and even while I'm doing something Ill have 1-2 others asking me to help them.

Manager I work for is Awesome!

Just wish I was paid better.

Also because I was here so long (15 plus years) . I get 15 days of paid vacation .

But that became mandatory for people with new regulations I think Policaros could review the policy and maybe give those with High years here the 4th week off?
Pros
Awesome people to work with
Cons
Just wish I was paid a bit better.
Awesome place to work. Managers do push you on your performance but they treat you with respect, which is hard to find in this business. As a tech there is always work available!!
Pros
lots of hours and training
Cons
benefits could be bit better
I am a outside broker who’ has done business with the Policaro for over twenty five years .
This owner operating family is one of the top organization to be part of in Canada.

Coming from a family run business myself.

These entrepreneurs have to be congradulate for their risk taking and finically exposure they have taken to employee so many and serve their clients with top Quaitly service in all their brand.

They truly deserve to be awarded a national Canadian business award of excellence.
Pros
They strive for excellence!
It is rare to find a company that actually cares about their staff. If you work hard, it doesn't go unnoticed and you will get rewarded. The management is amazing, and It's a great place to work overall. I LOVE going to work. I feel appreciated, respected, and I enjoy everyone I work with.
Pros
Staff, beautiful offices, great management, competitive pay
This is by far one of the worst places I have ever worked. I was employed for 8 months, even though I was one of the top performers. They told me they were going in a different direction and that i was doing nothing wrong but was being let go regardless. Management does not care about staff. It's like working on the set of the young and restless. Drama and too much office politics. Do not work here unless you want a short term job, because clearly when you let them know you're in for the long run and would like to move up in the company that means nothing. They won't keep you based in performance or things they should Be looking for in a good employee, instead they will be judging you based in if they like you personally.
Pros
No pros
Cons
Drama, office politics
Worked there in the past and found management didn't care much for employees and the owners can be very difficult to work with and micromanage their business.
Can be very unprofessional in their treatment of employees.
Pros
Some good people work there
Cons
Low pay, owners don't appreciate employees
- very busy environment
- broad minded people

-able to learn and develop my skills

- good co-workers

Company needs to focus more to diversifying their thoughts and action in maintaining their employees.

- quite a bit employee turnover.
The work environment was good till the Policaro had a little bit of drama and the atmosphere got tense. A lot of the Sales reps are friendly and communicate well with everyone. Management wasn't the best when it came to customer service and clientèle invites.
Pros
Free lunch on weekends
Cons
Management disregards communication with employee's.
Professional, fast paced atmosphere.

Great management, professional, easy to work with and very positive.

Productive, overall enjoyable place to work.
Pros
Company events