PointClickCare

PointClickCare Employee Reviews

Canada62 reviews
Fun, great place for co-ops
Was able to choose whether I wanted to learn Android, iOS, or automation. Great team with lots of perks like a gym, table tennis, video games, etc. On site cafeteria with fresh food everyday. Meaningful work making apps for medical practitioners.
Great company to work for.Over the years I have accumulated many experiences and learned new things on a regular basis. The business process management of PointClickCare was very challenging as it is a new company that is constantly growing.
Very clicky. If you are not part of the club you will be eliminated from the company
This company is very two faced saying all the good things at the executive level but at the line manager level it is the exact opposite. I feel that the line managers are just yes people for senior management some lack real experience to be a leader and do not gain the trust of their team members
good working culture
Good perks
Nice work place

Good colleagues

Not so great management

People who are with company for long time are the bottleneck

Good people are not cared for
you must have a 365 24/7 commitment to the job
the responsibility of a manager in customer support goes beyond your regular 9-5 job.

This role is a 365, 24/7 commitment to user support with a high focus on first point of contact resolution and customer satisfaction.
Decent employer but constant changes with insufficient planning and poor follow through.
A typical work day is back to back meetings which leaves you finishing your actual work after hours at home. There is a culture of constant changes because they want to do what Google does and be seen on Google's level, so they are constantly changing direction to keep up and that is more their motivator than what is actually right for them at the time. The culture is ok, but they are really selling themselves on their great perks more than the actual culture, they are not one in the same. I'd say that underneath the pretty packaging the culture is pretty standard for an organization of it's size.
Management is frustrating.
Company is great but management in my area is biased and not reflective of the expectations and appreciation of our work as the rest of the company.
Make it impossible to advance
Great company but not sure about the current direction
This used to be a great company and it still is not a bad place to work, but lately it seems to be going in the wrong direction, which makes me worry about its future.
Pros
Subsidized cafeteria, on-site gym, parking, work from home, table tennis, pool, golf simulator, snacks and beverages, RRSP contribution matching up to 4% on year 4, health benefits
Cons
Too many constant changes, old code base
Good company, but manager not so great
Entry level job. When I started, my manager said, good luck. It was as if I wasn't expected to succeed, or that many others have failed. I had a poor experience with the manager because of how she would message me in a condescending manner and accuse me of not working when there was a technical issue. I would ask frequently if I was meeting goals, and my manager said I was doing average. No real encouragement. Just waiting for you to fail. I thought I was overreacting but it happened more than once. I left that job after 3 months. It is a high volume call center job, so you are glued to your chair all day even if you work remotely. Numbers are all that matter. The company is pretty awesome and organized as a whole. I just didn't get along with the manager. She no longer works there.
Work Life Balance

-Less Pay

-Very Less Raise

-Conservative thought process
Just a shiny cover
Fires to be put off from early morning to the end of the day, no structure nor discipline in daily activities, no ownership, no care.
No room for growth in the company, workplace culture.. wanna be.

The hardest part of the job would be to deal with the upper management visions which are far from reality.

VP's slashing jobs left and right, poor employee assessment, NO job security, no care for employees, just a shiny cover.
Great and interesting place to work
PointClickCare is an amazing place to work and I am lucky to be employed there. The people and culture are second to none. The leadership team is outstanding and are driving the company in many exciting directions.
Emplpyee for 5 years
Not the best place to work for experienced professionals. It is a place where managers and senior management take personal favourites and issues over skill and committment. If you are not part of the in crowd or part of the family or related to the owners, kiss your advancement or progress goodbye. Otherwise, if you are looking for a place to work 9-5 and do same thing everyday with the odd new thing here and there then it is a place for you. Just be sure you get personal with your manager and then you have a safety new. Senior managers and execs do not like to listen to your ideas unless you are their friend or a member of the family.
Great Company
PointClickCare values employees. Great benefits and WFH facilities. There is opportunities for career growth within the company, and training on how to get to an individuals goals. Great HQ location and amenities.
Flexible work from home policy
Company is OK to work with. Salary and Bonus is good. Office space is good. a very generous work form home policy. Very poor in Career advancement and Internal job placement.
it is a really good place to work.
Work/Life Balance, fancy work culture, fitness center, etc...
you will enjoy working here. But the salary is not competitive.

It is a chilling place to work.
Visionary top leadership
This is a wonderful company that treats it's employees well. It is currently experiencing some identity issues as it goes through a major growth spurt. But I do very highly recommend working here.
Pros
Dedicated, inspiring employees
Cons
Competing priorities during growth phase
The people are great to work with but the company itself has become soulless
I worked for PCC for almost 2 years before I was Let go Without Cause. I was told one day that I was done working here and if I wanted to know why Id have to ask my manager, then i was ejected from the building without being able to get my own belongings, which were mailed to me some time later. I contacted my manager several times over the next few days and received no reply ever. My co-workers were great people but the business goals of the company as a whole does not seem to care for the individual.
Pros
Great facilities, great people to work with
Cons
little to no communication from management, will get rid of you without explanation
High Performance Company
Work hard, play hard company with excellent mission to change long term healthcare for the better. Currently scaling to meet growth from industry success
A fast pace atmosphere.
Typical day - there was nothing typical, it was always changing.
What I learned- to take it one day at a time

Management- I liked our management very helpful.

Workplace culture- I was always trying to make my work a pleasant place to work.

Hardest part of job- were the residents

Easiest Part of the job- were the residents.
Pros
Working with the people
Cons
Multi tasking
nice workplace
have lots of fun and some potential for career growth if not limited.
free beer provided on daily basis and onsite breakfast and lunch provided at half price.