PointClickCare

PointClickCare Employee Reviews

Canada66 reviews

Fun, great place for co-ops

Was able to choose whether I wanted to learn Android, iOS, or automation. Great team with lots of perks like a gym, table tennis, video games, etc. On site cafeteria with fresh food everyday. Meaningful work making apps for medical practitioners.

I'm glad this gig is in my past.

Worked there last in 2012. Full disclosure. Horrible work environment. No support as I was a remote employee. Factions working against each other making my life on the road more difficult. Over the five years I worked there, I took 2 weeks vacation. Did they pay me out after they fired me when alcoholism was the quickest way for me to cope? No they did not.

Pros

Airline miles.

Cons

The memories.

Good leadership in general. Good benefits and culture. People-centric. Lots of opportunities to learn. Friendly colleagues. Company ensured job and financial securities during the lockdown.

Pros

Flexible work hours, Half-day on Friday in summer, Free snacks in office

Cons

Have to maintain an old monolithic application

Poor Management Style

1. Management is consist of people that are not highly qualified for the position. This at least happened in the department I was in.2. You will be liked if you are the "YES" type of person.3. They expect you to work long hours.4. The on call pay is per week and not on the hours that you worked for the on call schedule. Responding to on calls can means doing work late hours at night and on the weekend that can last several hours. 5. Unlimited PTO varies each department. 6. Work from home varies each department.

Pros

Free snack. Subsidized lunch. Free parking

Fun Place

Great place to work. Good environment and very supportive. Lots of opportunity for career growth and great company management. The workplace culture was quite positive. Overall very good experience.

Great company to work for.Over the years I have accumulated many experiences and learned new things on a regular basis. The business process management of PointClickCare was very challenging as it is a new company that is constantly growing.

Very clicky. If you are not part of the club you will be eliminated from the company

This company is very two faced saying all the good things at the executive level but at the line manager level it is the exact opposite. I feel that the line managers are just yes people for senior management some lack real experience to be a leader and do not gain the trust of their team members

good working culture

Good perks Nice work place Good colleagues Not so great management People who are with company for long time are the bottleneck Good people are not cared for

you must have a 365 24/7 commitment to the job

the responsibility of a manager in customer support goes beyond your regular 9-5 job. This role is a 365, 24/7 commitment to user support with a high focus on first point of contact resolution and customer satisfaction.

Decent employer but constant changes with insufficient planning and poor follow through.

A typical work day is back to back meetings which leaves you finishing your actual work after hours at home. There is a culture of constant changes because they want to do what Google does and be seen on Google's level, so they are constantly changing direction to keep up and that is more their motivator than what is actually right for them at the time. The culture is ok, but they are really selling themselves on their great perks more than the actual culture, they are not one in the same. I'd say that underneath the pretty packaging the culture is pretty standard for an organization of it's size.

Management is frustrating.

Company is great but management in my area is biased and not reflective of the expectations and appreciation of our work as the rest of the company. Make it impossible to advance

Great company but not sure about the current direction

This used to be a great company and it still is not a bad place to work, but lately it seems to be going in the wrong direction, which makes me worry about its future.

Pros

Subsidized cafeteria, on-site gym, parking, work from home, table tennis, pool, golf simulator, snacks and beverages, RRSP contribution matching up to 4% on year 4, health benefits

Cons

Too many constant changes, old code base

Good company, but manager not so great

Entry level job. When I started, my manager said, good luck. It was as if I wasn't expected to succeed, or that many others have failed. I had a poor experience with the manager because of how she would message me in a condescending manner and accuse me of not working when there was a technical issue. I would ask frequently if I was meeting goals, and my manager said I was doing average. No real encouragement. Just waiting for you to fail. I thought I was overreacting but it happened more than once. I left that job after 3 months. It is a high volume call center job, so you are glued to your chair all day even if you work remotely. Numbers are all that matter. The company is pretty awesome and organized as a whole. I just didn't get along with the manager. She no longer works there.

Work Life Balance

- Good company -Good Culture - Poor Work-Life Balance -Favoritism -Stagnant Life -Nothing new to learn -No new challenges -Less Pay -Very Less Raise -Conservative thought process

Just a shiny cover

Fires to be put off from early morning to the end of the day, no structure nor discipline in daily activities, no ownership, no care. No room for growth in the company, workplace culture.. wanna be. The hardest part of the job would be to deal with the upper management visions which are far from reality. VP's slashing jobs left and right, poor employee assessment, NO job security, no care for employees, just a shiny cover.

Great and interesting place to work

PointClickCare is an amazing place to work and I am lucky to be employed there. The people and culture are second to none. The leadership team is outstanding and are driving the company in many exciting directions.

Emplpyee for 5 years

Not the best place to work for experienced professionals. It is a place where managers and senior management take personal favourites and issues over skill and committment. If you are not part of the in crowd or part of the family or related to the owners, kiss your advancement or progress goodbye. Otherwise, if you are looking for a place to work 9-5 and do same thing everyday with the odd new thing here and there then it is a place for you. Just be sure you get personal with your manager and then you have a safety new. Senior managers and execs do not like to listen to your ideas unless you are their friend or a member of the family.

Great Company

PointClickCare values employees. Great benefits and WFH facilities. There is opportunities for career growth within the company, and training on how to get to an individuals goals. Great HQ location and amenities.

Flexible work from home policy

Company is OK to work with. Salary and Bonus is good. Office space is good. a very generous work form home policy. Very poor in Career advancement and Internal job placement.

it is a really good place to work.

Work/Life Balance, fancy work culture, fitness center, etc... you will enjoy working here. But the salary is not competitive. It is a chilling place to work.

Visionary top leadership

This is a wonderful company that treats it's employees well. It is currently experiencing some identity issues as it goes through a major growth spurt. But I do very highly recommend working here.

Pros

Dedicated, inspiring employees

Cons

Competing priorities during growth phase

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PointClickCare. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2Job security/advancement