PODS Employee Reviews

Canada6 reviews
Micro-managing
I won't recommend working at the Ottawa locations. Manager and Lead Driver love to micro-manage. Hard workers get ignored slackers move up. Don't expect to move up in this company as a Driver you won't! There's no "I" in team work. PODS isn't a French based company but they use that against you. Now the good. Working by yourself interacting with customers. Problem solving on your own and challenges.
gained fresh knowledge
I have worked with different kind of people and got experience in various fields in software as I used to interact with testing and developing teams. When I was working the team leader supported me and encouraged me in hard situations. Hence, to work in this company is really makes you feel better.
decent job
drive, pick up and delivery service for people that require and storage bin. good learning experience, and worked with a bunch of good people. very busy during summer.
steady work
Easy job with steady work. Flexible. lots of forklift driving. Very small company. Dirty job. no benefits. no overtime, 40 hour weeks. Very dirty work environment.
Poorly managed company
My typical work day involved, getting the pulls ready for the next day , load and unload trucks, book appointments for customers , call customers for the next day delivers, Help the build and repair pods and help maintain our podzillas. Hardest part of my day was dealing with my manager, he'd micromanage you to all day long and when a problem occurred, he would have a mental break down rather than solve the problem
Pros
Occasional free stuff
Cons
bad manage ment
productive
first thing we do when i go to work we start building containers if needed or clean around the warehouse or load and unload trucks driving the forklift. have great times with co-workers and i've learned a lot in pods doing different stuff oil changes,painting,maintenance for the podzilla etc. and the hardest part of the day is when im trying to figure out how to fix some of the certain stuff we do at work
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at PODS?