PNR RAILWORKS Employee Reviews

Okay place to work
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON6 March 2018
Good people work there, if you have a positive attitude and get along with them you will do well. The wages are very good, management could be better, unless that has changed.
Over 10 Years within the company.
Track Maintainer (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON26 February 2018
Worked as a general labourer within the company for over ten years. Job was physically demanding and constantly adapting to new changes.
Management rotated a lot but always had a well upbeat environment.
Hardest part of the job was constant shift changing and the impact on my family.
The most enjoyable part of the job was dealing with customer relations and working alongside my coworkers.
Challenging
Employee (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON9 February 2018
New challenge every day, good opportunity to learn and develop professional skills.
Long work hours and work on the weekends
Great managers, supevisor and employees.
Pros
Challenging
Project Safety Manager (Former Employee) –  Prince Rupert, BC13 January 2018
Was hired for a job in Prince Rupert. PNR was the prime for a port expansion. Probably one of the best teams I have worked for in quite a while. For a high risk labour intensive job I was surprised how this team looked out for each other. This made my job very easy. With this company Safety is not just lip service. From top management to the track men and women everyone participated in Safety.
Pros
Great crew
fun place to work
Crane Operator (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC16 November 2017
long hours, hard work, rewarding accomplishments.

Good times say a lot of northern BC and Alberta

paid weekly, lots of hotel points and air miles point
Busy and Rewarding Career
Signal Maintainer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB21 September 2017
I learned a lot in the short time I was here, wiring bungalows, protecting the signals on a track when CN Production crews were doing work.
The only downside to this job is that you are away from home all the time.
Pros
Wage, Support, Learning
Cons
Away from home all the time
great employment
Boom truck operator/Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Toronto on.2 September 2017
Enjoyed the employment. Disadvantage long distance employment.Pay is great...saftey and organized well with a good team and leaders. Just wish it was closer to home and family.
Productive hard work with great people
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB21 August 2017
Productive hard working job with long hours. Tons of opportunity to move up in the company. Great money and benefits. Opportunity to run heavy machinery and operate equipment
Pros
Great money
Cons
Never home always out of town
horrible company to work for
loader operator/ labouer (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON5 July 2017
wouldn't recommend this company to anyone, horrible management, poor planning, pays are never correct always chasing hours and work, favoritism at its finest!
Enjoyable work
Operator/Labourer (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC3 July 2017
This company offered a lot of advancement opportunities and learning situations. If you like life on the road and long work hours its great. Working with the company I learned a lot to further a career in the railway industry.
great challenging company to work for
Trackman / Operator (Former Employee) –  Cochrane, AB9 March 2017
I do not have a typical day at work. depending on access to track for maintenance, or if im building new track non stop while getting rock dumped and lifted lifted with mark 4 and broomed with regulator
have operated spiker while using gauge to gauge track .i have run loader to unload 10500 concrete ties weighing 710pounds each.
I have built yard with 19tracks at 2500feet per track with primary and secondary switches.
I have done big switches install on CN main track where we have a 6 hour window to change a 200 feet long switch to a new one
Pros
50$ allowance a day for being away from home and rooms are paid
Pnr was at one time the leader
Track Maintainer (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON1 February 2017
Not many leaders left. Was at one time the company where all wanted to be. Not anymore very unfortunate. U.S. leader stepped in to manage and ruined the place. Not sure what is left to save. All the key people are still leaving and they are leaving right across Canada. Hiring people with zero rail experience is not a good way to grow in a strong market. Unless you have 20 years to rebuild . They should just close the track office at the rate there going with values and respect for employees. To bad they had many good people at one time.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
No values left all based on lies and smoke
Not bad
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Canada10 January 2017
This job was okay for short term. I did not feel like I was apart of the team or like there was room for growth. I worked with people that were across the country, so communication was sometimes a barrier. The crews that I worked with made work enjoyable.
Toxic environment
Ex employee (Former Employee) –  Cochrane, AB17 December 2016
Very poor management team. They treat their employees horrible. Very abusive!!. Would not recommend this company to anyone. Although people don't quit bad companies they quit bad management. I've never seen such abuse of power in all my years working. No regard for their field staff.
Pros
There are no pros with this company
Cons
They promote people who are not Qualified
railway maintenence
Heavy Duty Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Cochrane, AB11 November 2016
Work was varied, mostly troubleshooting and repairing construction and railway maintenance equipment. Work was logged using a computer tracking system.
Should have seen it when was run by real people.
Worker (Former Employee) –  Guelph10 November 2016
Used to be a Great Company/ Guelph construction side falling apart. Zero respect for any experienced people and next to no knowledge left. You think someone in USA would notice the turn over and wonder hmmm wonder why?
Pros
It's a job nothing more
Cons
Management team poor
productive
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Cochrane, AB4 October 2016
productive, outside work year round so must be able to handle weather shifts on the daily cold wet hot dry, besides that its hard work but good pay
Great place to work!
Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON19 July 2016
Signals & Communications division in Guelph is a great division to work for. Management is approachable and appreciate a job well done. Co-workers are amazing - friendly - helpful - I enjoy coming to work every day.
Pros
Office work environment
Engaging; challenging and supportive work environment.
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON11 July 2016
Overall the experience was great.I was given the opportunity to take-on task above job level, I also had many opportunities to attend training. Excellent working environment. Top notch management, always there when assistance was required.
Great team and work atmosphere
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON21 June 2016
The Guelph Signals construction group are a great group, (family). They work together to help each other out with challenges on their projects. The field work force are very passionate about their craft and take great pride in the quality of work. The operations team are efficient and tend to promote positive ideas with the client to successfully complete a project.

I would highly recommend this group as a first choice for furthering your career or starting a new one.
Pros
The employees work together to successfully complete all challenges
Cons
RRSP plan could be better