PNR RailWorks

PNR RailWorks Management reviews

Canada40 reviews
You are not treated the best, just a number for most of the employees. I was lucky to work with just a select few guys as mechanics and we had a lot more freedom
This was one of my first internships in university. I worked at the Signals office and I found the group of people there to be helpful and friendly. I learned about project management and got to go into the field and learn more about the railroad industry.
So, the job description didnt match or relate to what I was doing. The company hand no HR department once so ever, the training was non existent, the employees working there are a bunch of hyper active beard heads who cant go more than 3 seconds without talking. Everyone working there is miserable, and there is a bad vibe about the place.
Mid management and upper management dont seem to care about daily work details, until something goes wrong. So the boots on the ground have to do more than expected just to get things done,safely and humanly. Which makes for a tight group of employees, so that's a good thing.
A lot of the questiones required a real answer, not a star rating. Yeah we get paid vacation but you have to accumilate vacation pay, then request it to actually use it. Bout 4% of your gross wages per cheque (weekly), management has its draw backs with certain people, however.. the family atmospheric feel of PNR's employees & managers/supers makes all the difference
Good people work there, if you have a positive attitude and get along with them you will do well. The wages are very good, management could be better, unless that has changed.
Worked as a general labourer within the company for over ten years. Job was physically demanding and constantly adapting to new changes.
Management rotated a lot but always had a well upbeat environment.
Hardest part of the job was constant shift changing and the impact on my family.

The most enjoyable part of the job was dealing with customer relations and working alongside my coworkers.
Was hired for a job in Prince Rupert. PNR was the prime for a port expansion. Probably one of the best teams I have worked for in quite a while. For a high risk labour intensive job I was surprised how this team looked out for each other. This made my job very easy. With this company Safety is not just lip service. From top management to the track men and women everyone participated in Safety.
Pros
Great crew
Cons
wouldn't recommend this company to anyone, horrible management, poor planning, pays are never correct always chasing hours and work, favoritism at its finest!
Very poor management team. They treat their employees horrible. Very abusive!!. Would not recommend this company to anyone. Although people don't quit bad companies they quit bad management. I've never seen such abuse of power in all my years working. No regard for their field staff.
Pros
There are no pros with this company
Cons
They promote people who are not Qualified
Used to be a Great Company/ Guelph construction side falling apart. Zero respect for any experienced people and next to no knowledge left. You think someone in USA would notice the turn over and wonder hmmm wonder why?
Pros
It's a job nothing more
Cons
Management team poor
Signals & Communications division in Guelph is a great division to work for. Management is approachable and appreciate a job well done. Co-workers are amazing - friendly - helpful - I enjoy coming to work every day.
Pros
Office work environment
Overall the experience was great.I was given the opportunity to take-on task above job level, I also had many opportunities to attend training. Excellent working environment. Top notch management, always there when assistance was required.
I learned many skills from my time at PNR Railworks such as time management, professionalism, management skills, and was a friendly place to work.
10 hour days checking machine before operation, job briefing. learned about signals and communications on the rail way. management wasn't the greatest they would give training to employees and not pay them for what they are qualified at. a lot of the co workers were great helping learn along the way and teaching open to questions you have. staying away from home can be hard for 8 days and being laid off for so long. working with friendly people always is the best for me by far.
Pros
food bonus, benefits, decent pay when all is included, boot allowance
Cons
laid off for over 4 months, management doesnt want to pay employees what they are qualified for.
Awesome Co-workers and great learning athmosphere for anyone who is interested in the railway. Great place to advance in project management.
The pay and compensation package here isn't bad but the job culture is horrible.

The Upper Management at this company are controlling and condescending and make the work environment very stressful for those working under them, as such there is a high turnover rate

The work/life balance here isn't too great either as there is a fair amount of on-call involved which makes it difficult to have a social life.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Job Culture, Management, On call, Rotating Shifts
Good place to work until the "Americans" came over joe can't keep track of his own lies and they just don't have the common sense to listen to anything... Great place to take advantage and rapė them for money.
Pros
They company is stupíd
Cons
The people are stupìd