PNR RailWorks

PNR RailWorks Employee Reviews

You are not treated the best, just a number for most of the employees. I was lucky to work with just a select few guys as mechanics and we had a lot more freedom
to work for pnr means having no life. 99% of work is out of town. if you like going out of town every shift, this will be fine for you. expect to be laid off every winter
A lot of travel with little to no appropriate reimbursement. Not paid for full travel time. Co-workers make the job easier. You literally work, eat and sleep the railroad.
I used to work as a estimator on design bid build project and as a project coordinator on design build project.

I learned a lot of managerial skills by working there and I have been working in the office and on the site as well to look after for over all scenario of the project.
This was one of my first internships in university. I worked at the Signals office and I found the group of people there to be helpful and friendly. I learned about project management and got to go into the field and learn more about the railroad industry.
So, the job description didnt match or relate to what I was doing. The company hand no HR department once so ever, the training was non existent, the employees working there are a bunch of hyper active beard heads who cant go more than 3 seconds without talking. Everyone working there is miserable, and there is a bad vibe about the place.
Mid management and upper management dont seem to care about daily work details, until something goes wrong. So the boots on the ground have to do more than expected just to get things done,safely and humanly. Which makes for a tight group of employees, so that's a good thing.
A lot of the questiones required a real answer, not a star rating. Yeah we get paid vacation but you have to accumilate vacation pay, then request it to actually use it. Bout 4% of your gross wages per cheque (weekly), management has its draw backs with certain people, however.. the family atmospheric feel of PNR's employees & managers/supers makes all the difference
All around fairly good company to work for. With recent changes it is hard to see a good outcome. Good pay, lots of over time. Budget cuts don’t allow enough staff for jobs at hand
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at PNR RailWorks?
Good people work there, if you have a positive attitude and get along with them you will do well. The wages are very good, management could be better, unless that has changed.
Worked as a general labourer within the company for over ten years. Job was physically demanding and constantly adapting to new changes.
Management rotated a lot but always had a well upbeat environment.

Hardest part of the job was constant shift changing and the impact on my family.

The most enjoyable part of the job was dealing with customer relations and working alongside my coworkers.
New challenge every day, good opportunity to learn and develop professional skills.
Long work hours and work on the weekends

Great managers, supevisor and employees.
Pros
Challenging
Cons
Was hired for a job in Prince Rupert. PNR was the prime for a port expansion. Probably one of the best teams I have worked for in quite a while. For a high risk labour intensive job I was surprised how this team looked out for each other. This made my job very easy. With this company Safety is not just lip service. From top management to the track men and women everyone participated in Safety.
Pros
Great crew
Cons
long hours, hard work, rewarding accomplishments.

Good times say a lot of northern BC and Alberta

paid weekly, lots of hotel points and air miles point
I learned a lot in the short time I was here, wiring bungalows, protecting the signals on a track when CN Production crews were doing work.
The only downside to this job is that you are away from home all the time.
Pros
Wage, Support, Learning
Cons
Away from home all the time
great place to work minus the management. you get to travel all over Canada. good pay and they pay for your hotels. would recommend to a friend for sure
Enjoyed the employment. Disadvantage long distance employment.Pay is great...saftey and organized well with a good team and leaders. Just wish it was closer to home and family.
Productive hard working job with long hours. Tons of opportunity to move up in the company. Great money and benefits. Opportunity to run heavy machinery and operate equipment
Pros
Great money
Cons
Never home always out of town
wouldn't recommend this company to anyone, horrible management, poor planning, pays are never correct always chasing hours and work, favoritism at its finest!
This company offered a lot of advancement opportunities and learning situations. If you like life on the road and long work hours its great. Working with the company I learned a lot to further a career in the railway industry.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at PNR RailWorks. Our community is ready to answer.
2.5