PNR RailWorks
PNR RailWorks Employee Review

Boom truck, A/Z driver

29 September 2014
I am part of the Signals and Communications department. We contract to all the major railway companies, such as CN, CP, GO, Via, etc; performing most installations and upgrades. We work on the communication aspect of the railway, including cabling, (underground or buried), signal masts and bridges, bungalows, (the brains of all communication). The nature of the job means that we are outdoors throughout the year and must adapt to changing conditions whether it be climate, location or job requirements, (tasks).

My duties include delivering equipment and supplies to the job site, and many times placing items with the crane. I also float mini-excavators and back hoes. When not driving I assist the crew with Installation.
21 February 2020
Same roleSame location
Boom Truck Operator (Former Employee) - Guelph, ON
A lot of travel with little to no appropriate reimbursement. Not paid for full travel time. Co-workers make the job easier. You literally work, eat and sleep the railroad.
29 January 2019
Same location
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) - Guelph, ON
This was one of my first internships in university. I worked at the Signals office and I found the group of people there to be helpful and friendly. I learned about project management and got to go into the field and learn more about the railroad industry.
6 March 2018
Same location
Labourer (Former Employee) - Guelph, ON
Good people work there, if you have a positive attitude and get along with them you will do well. The wages are very good, management could be better, unless that has changed.