PNI DIGITAL MEDIA

PNI DIGITAL MEDIA Employee Reviews

Canada7 reviews
A fun place to work and I have learnt a lot. Expect to work hard but find opportunities.

I have enjoyed my time there and will be sad to move on.

They are dog friendly !!!
For a tech company, I was really surprised by the Marketing team and the way its run. Its not flexible and is heavily micromanaged and controlled. All but two people on the team have been there for a year and everyone less is than 6 months tenure and I can see why. The management is extremely controlling and insecure. The roles at a specialist level and below are all tactical and very execution focused. Not a lot of growth depending on where you are in your career. It became very apparent to me the manager was burned out, impatient and too busy to support you especially if you are new. Also, if you value flexibility this company forces a 30 min to 1 hour break on you and doesn't allow you to leave earlier as you know as fellow Marketers we work tons of hours already. While the company policy states you must arrive by 930 am they would still like to know exactly what time you will be arriving?! For a tech company that acts progressive - they are not. Be prepared to work and write briefs all day and coordinate proofs and approvals all day, every day. The tools and systems you are working with are not ideal. They are manual and cumbersome. No automated tools or reports - for a tech company?! Crazy right? You will use Google Suite, Analytics, CRM Dashboard, & In Vision. You will also be expected to muti-task like crazy and the work is extremely repetitive.
Total miss IT department if there is one, very unacknowledged team
Fake IT office cleaning VP who has no idea about what he is doing!

0 Policy and security!

Dog hair everywhere!

Not clean office at all!

200 years old left!
Pros
1000 medical insurance
Cons
Long hours, HR miss
I enjoyed working at PNI due to the Company Culture and healthy environment. PNI offers great benefits and flexible hours that help keeping balance between work and personal life
Pros
Good Management, flexible schedule, good environment
PNI has a great culture and it's fun to work with colleagues. However when dealing with their clients the processes are broken and the client calls all the shots. When dealing with this customer it's difficult to push back on them.
Pros
Free fruit, popcorn friday's, people are nice and easy to get along with
Cons
Broken processes and because of that it's not easy to deal with customers
Join PNI, the salary is very competitive and people are very friendly and nice. There are strong politics games if you want to grow though. Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger. You will come as a boy and leave as a man.
Good company to work for
Management is weak m leak communications, co-works are good but no knowledge sharing.

Stress of job is hardest part, no mistake is allowed.