Ply Gem Canada Employee Reviews

Terrible employer
Order Loader / Receiving associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB31 July 2018
Very simple. Abusive management, paltry training programs, morale crushing treatment. Do not work for this company. They are notorious in my area for being horrible to anyone that makes the mistake of applying for a job
Pros
None.
Cons
There is not enough room to list them all
Poor Management
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Western Canada15 May 2018
Managers moved up through the ranks and poorly trained. This was evident in the promotion or pay raises on the employees they liked and the poor treatment of outsiders. Benefit were okay, but any bonuses were based on the performance of all branches and not just the branch you worked in.
benefits
Cons
poor training
The Best Employer
Swamper/Labourer (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BC15 April 2018
I came from a temp agency and worked my way into a fulltime position with this company. My team and I are very close and we look out for eachother. This is the best team environment i have experienced, I wouldnt have been here for so long if it wasnt for the great staff we have. There is lots of room for advancement but it depends on how you work and how bad you want it. Plygem is my family, they helped me get off the streets and kinda helped me in a way to find my place to call a home and i am so grateful to be working for such a great company. Windows and doors is our product and the strength is our people.
Pros
Competitive wages, positive people, long hours, best quality products, benefits
Cons
You have to be 25 to be driver
A company with no Job security
Buyer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 June 2017
Since I started working for PlyGem, there have been many lay-offs due to departments changes ( I am talking about office departments). It is also a very hard place to work at due to the fact that there is no limits or restrictions to gang- like bullying there, they do not even need a reason or a trigger to bully.
Pros
Free parking- bing office spaces
Cons
no work security
Perfect for Getting your feet Wet
Fleet Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 March 2017
this company honors you and grows with your ability to become a professional. the company has great metrics and guidelines for success, but they lack in continued advancements.

some days you feel on a island and other days your tied up in team functions and have a plate full of tasks.
Pros
Minimum Supervision
Cons
Communication
Cannot recommend this employer
Loader (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 February 2017
Poorly run company filled with callous Managers, over-stressed under-trained supervisors, and employees who receive all but zero training to do their jobs. Worst and most abusive work environment I've ever had the displeasure of being involved with. There is really nothing I can say that is positive about working for this company. Even the cafeteria is left poorly cleaned and smells awful.
Pros
Pays the bills (When payroll doesn't mess up)
Cons
Just about everything
Manufacturing Engineer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 January 2017
Always the push to be more efficiency; causes some stress and people tend to be overworked. But the people that stick around are great.
Pros
Lots of culture activities! BBQ's, Fun day in the summer
Cons
High-stress environment
fast paced busy hotel
Inside Sales/ Customer Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 November 2016
I learned a lot at my time here, they pride themselves in high quality and service, fast paced busy hotel. learned a lot not a lot of room for advancement
Job
Sr. Systems Engineer/Network Administrator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 October 2016
Tough Ply Gem Industries has got your house covered. The manufacturer supplies contractors, distributors, and home-center retailers in North America with exterior building products for new home construction, remodeling, and repair. Vinyl siding, fencing, and stone veneer products
Stressful environment
Worker (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 June 2016
Limited work life balance, salary freezes, Sr. management is not good at coaching employees. Very little social aspects
Pros
Benefits are competative
Cons
Long hours, very little rewards
No opportunity for advancement
Inside Sales and Customer Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 June 2016
High turnover of employees due to poor management. Any employee who challenges anything is let go. Non stimulating, discouraging environment. No opportunity for advancement, and employees are not offered yearly salary increases.
benefits
Cons
job description changes without notice, salary freeze, no opportunity for advancement.
Job Culture and Management
Senior Financial & Cost Analyst (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 August 2015
People are nice and pleasant to work with. Has to upgrade the system to be more efficient and productive. Learned new things.
Pros
Fun environment
Cons
Has to upgrade the system to be more productive and efficient.
Golf tournaments, Yearly Sales conference away from office
Retired ( Sales Representative ) (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 September 2013
Worked from home and met with customers daily. Reviewed issues with management when required. The most difficult part of the job was to meet budget figures. The enjoyable part of work was meeting and helping the customers, I worked with all division managers in the stores.
Pros
Worked with an expense account.
Cons
I would receive phone calls evenings and weekends