Plug Power Inc Employee Reviews

Poor communication
Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KY3 September 2019
Management is lacking very much you give all your quality life away to have the company craps on you.... very hostile environment no leadership no stability it's like working for children
Pros
Cons
You put your life on the line daily with hydrogen
Good place to work.
Technician (Former Employee) –  Latham, NY19 August 2019
We expect equality and are passionate about inclusion. We ensure all coworkers have the resources required to perform at their highest level – whether it’s collaboration tools, ongoing training or resource groups. We empower, motivate, and inspire our teams and leaders to excel in every aspect of their role.
Terrible place to work
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Spokane Valley, WA5 August 2019
This company has never made a profit. Terrible management, people who "play the game" get attention while hard working employees overlooked, employees frequently lie to managers, no company hires all employees work through staffing agency for years, no benefits at all, machines break down constantly, parts necessary for production and supplies not ordered in timely manner, filthy work environment. Not unusual for people to last 1-3 days then they just don't show up again, I've seen perspective employees leave part way during the walkthrough process on the first day.
A lot of headache from customer complaints due to lack of parts.
Hydrogen Fuel Cell Technician (Former Employee) –  Southeast5 July 2019
Customers at every site are unhappy due to lack of parts to fix units. I relocated to another state under false promises made by the company which put me in a difficult position at no fault of my own which then cost me my job and stuck in an unfamiliar State away from my family weeks after relocating.
Pros
Good benefits, coworkers and your immediate managers are great.
Cons
Undo stress from lack of parts, poor management at the top, HR department is a joke and, is not worried about the employee's well being only saving the company money and, will not hesitate to cut ties with you instead of helping with a situation they created.
worst company i have ever worked for
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GA2 July 2019
This is probably the worst company I have ever worked for. Management was basically non existent in the 5 months I was there. My co-worker only ever looked out for himself and constantly blamed me for everything. He was always late to work, would take hour and a half lunches and leave an hour early everyday. He would lie to our boss about what was going on in our shop. Parts were a giant issue as well. We had to wait for weeks or months at a time for replacement parts and when they did come in, most were bad. My co-worker was supposed to fully train me on the fuel cells, but that didn't happen and I had to learn most of it on my own. stay as far away from this company as possible.
the most aweful company I have ever worked for!
Fuel Cell Technician/ Hydrogen Systems Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Latham, NY15 May 2019
You spend most of the day doing mindless physical tasks with zero training, and the management are like children on a playground, with name calling and behind the back infighting, The culture is awful, there is no camaraderie and no one backs up anyone else's work. The hardest part of the job was just finding the motivation to get out of bed and even show up to this place, it is really that bad. The only enjoyable part of the job was when you got to go home.
Pros
time off
Cons
Its Plugpower
The job was okay until management changed
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KY16 March 2019
This job could be a very stressful environment to work in, and a lot of things are out of your control, but you are expected to resolve the issue asap without any help from management.

The two co-workers that I had on my jobsite were childhood best friends and only looked out for one another, and did whatever they could do to make my work life miserable, until one of them had a seizure while working and I step in to help save him. For a few months after that, I was treated differently, but it didn't last to long.

Our manager would come in town a few times a month and only take the two guys out to lunch, needless to say it just wasn't the right job for me. By the way, I was the only female at this job location and there hasn't been another one since.
Pros
Great learning experience
Cons
Management and co-workers suck. But from my understanding, neither one of the co-workers I had are still there, so the new guys there may be good people.
Extremely stressful
LEAD SERVICE TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Denver, CO10 February 2019
A lot of long hours, in which I do not mind. It was hard to get parts from the factory to repair the Hydrogen Fuel Cells, the customer always complaining of long downtime due to lack of parts. It was always very stressful.
Pros
Paid lunch
Cons
Shortage of parts to repair equupment
Exciting, challenging and rewarding company to work for.
Field Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Louisiana10 January 2019
maintain,diagnose and repair units. work with and learn from fellow employees. good pay, great benefits, adequate time off, family friendly. learn new things daily. good company.
otc and poor management
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Forest Park, GA3 January 2019
the break down rates crazy and your manager expects you to be able to keep up, and you don't have the parts you need to make the repairs half the time this company has a lot to fix a lot if it even stands a chance at making it
Pros
weekly check
Cons
poor management
mechanical engineer (Former Employee) –  Landover, MD18 October 2018
6 months with this company until you can become permanent, no health care benefits until then.This company will place a huge load on you at your location due to insufficient amount of employees.
Pros
Great experience
Cons
Job security is an issue when first starting, six months to even be considered permanent
A Company with ambitious goals.
Production Technician (Former Employee) –  968 Albany Shaker Road, Latham, NY1211018 September 2018
I worked for this Company and learned much every day. Focus is important to the skills required for many positions here. There are many bonus incentives to working here, pace yourself and learn as much as you can until you are a professional.
Pros
The wages comensated fairly to the cost of living in an urban area.
very little support in the feild
Regional Service Representative/Transition Manager (Former Employee) –  Latham, NY26 August 2018
no life balance and no support or training, they will work you to death and they think you are getting well compensated for it. they do pay for everything while you are on the road, this is one of the good things.
Pros
You are the one making most of the decisions
Cons
no support or training
Terrible company
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Spokane Valley, WA29 July 2018
I've been a temp here for 5 months. The new supervisor treats people very unfair. The "Do as I say not as I do" mentality is making it a hostile environment. The work/life balance is horrible. You will notice that the supervisors will NOT pull the overtime but DEMAND you to be there.

I agree with one of the other reviews "happy workers equals better production." The job itself is easy but very underpaid.
Pros
Friendly crew (the workers)
Cons
New supervisor, work life balance, pay
Dont do it
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Spokane Valley, WA12 July 2018
This company has a high turnover. They DEMAND you to work nonstop overtime 6 days a week. If you can't you WILL be fired. The production workers are very friendly and the work is easy.

There is nothing positive about this job. How they view production workers is wrong. Here's a tip: HAPPY workers = BETTER production.
Pros
Production crew
Cons
Poor work/life balance
Field ops
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Latham, NY8 July 2018
Folks in the field and the direct support were fantastic. High up the food chain is where the focus was lost. Sales team was not focused on the actual needs of the client and left us field techs holding the bag for they're short comings
Pros
set own schedule and able to work from home a bit
Cons
Stupid clients
The worst place I ever worked.
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Latham, NY27 June 2018
No work-life balance. Unsafe work environment. Poor management. Poor quality products. The company is full of themselves. Arrogant big fish in a little pond.
Cons
The best job I have had at times but the most stress full as well
Lead Technician (Former Employee) –  Latham, NY6 June 2018
There were times when I wouldn't have anything to do and other times when we had to much to do, getting parts to make repairs seams to always be an issue, but the company does care a lot for their employees and their family.
Electrcial Mechanical Technician
Electrical Mechanical Technician (Current Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CA22 May 2018
Currently work at the job site through a contract between Plug Power and Amazon. Repair and maintain hydrogen fuel cells, repairing fuel cells, electrical and hydrogen systems on component levels. Preventive maintenance in order to ensure that the workflow is not interrupted. Perform diagnostics, troubleshooting and evaluations to maintain the fleet at the job site. Also provide emergency support service to customers as required.
Dreamers
Production (Former Employee) –  Latham, NY14 May 2018
Pros
Money was good
Nice day job , but many times there is mandatory overtime working 6 days a week 10-12 hour shifts
Cons
Management lacking
The ones that have been there for years slack and the ones who work hard and have opinions about the others get looked over and let go. DON'T believe them at inventory time when they let you go and say they will call you back in a couple weeks , it doesn't happen.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Plug Power Inc. Our community is ready to answer.