Plexxus Employee Reviews

Dead end job
MATERIAL HANDLER (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON16 July 2019
Worked for Plexxus for 4 years.
High turn over because,
1. You have to work every holiday of the year as they supply hospitals which are always open.
2. The shift hours are terrible. Day shift is 10am or 11am till 7 or 8pm. Night shift is 7 or 8pm to 3 or 4am.
What this means is you will never see your family or have a proper life.
3. Management is corrupt and there is next to no room to advance. If you advance you are overworked and underpaid. In 4 years I made less than 1000 dollars every two weeks unless I worked overtime.
4. Company does not have money so they penny pinch on everything including your raises and even discontinued giving a Christmas bonus which was a 50 dollar grocery card.
5. Every quarter of the year you are able to receive a bonus but more often than not it was reduced because it was based on either team productivity or trucks arriving at hospitals on time which means you work very hard individually and others who dont cost you that bonus. The bonus only goes to plexxus employees but because of high turn over you work side by side with alot of temps who dont get that bonus at all so why should they work hard or care?

Any other job and you will have every holiday off. Stop and think about that for a second and you will realize that any job is better because I had no life for 4 years and worked like a dog for peanuts on Thanksgiving, Christmas eve and even civic holidays which means all you have in a year to look forward to is the weekend and your vacation.
Old school management
Ex employee- Sourcing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 May 2019
From the moment you walk in, you discover that management did not embrace nor adapted to modern technology in the workplace. Sure they give you a lap top and a phone to work remotely, but they insist that you come in from 9 to 5 to work out of a cubicle, even though all of the work/ project is done out of that lap top with no need to interact with anyone except in pre-scheduled meetings.
- They do not follow industry standard Project Management methodologies on projects and good luck getting the right data you need for spend.
- Location is very inconvenient, and some employees have to travel almost two hours to get to work.
- old Furniture and lighting
- very high employee turnover
- no room for advancement, staff not motivated enough, and most see it as just a stepping stone Job.
Pros
Most Peer employees are wonderful and friendly
Cons
Unnecessary long commutes to work on days that projects can be done remotely
Okay Temp Job if you have no ambition in your life
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON20 March 2019
Okay temp job until you find a real career.
Lots of people feel stuck there
Not a great place if you have ambition in your life, and consider safety to be important
Great First Job
Account Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON20 August 2018
Great First Job, would have stay if have the opportunity to advance. Was in accounts Payable, very simple and fun task. People are great there. Worked in Markham office.
Friendly and flexible work environment
IT Support Analyst (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 July 2018
Its a great company to work for. They supply equipment and medical supplies to more than 14 hospitals in GTA. The job involves partial support to those hospitals in SAP material management. Overall its a wonderful workplace.
Ok
Strategic Sourcing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 June 2018
Work environment is ok but can be improved if there was minimal micro management. Process needs to be consistent. Communication can be better from top down.
Lovely People
Buyer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 January 2018
Plexxus is a great place to work. My manager was amazing not to mention the team i worked closely with. As a buyer, the position keeps you on your toes which I loved! there was always something to do, process PO's,Match audit etc.
Overall wonderful people and company.
Management Syles
Category Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 January 2018
Lots of great people who really care about the work they do and the value they provide to our healthcare system. Senior Leadership members are very invested in the development and well being of their employees.
Pros
Great environment and very caring CEO
I enjoyed my time at Plexxus
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON27 October 2017
This is a very busy place indeed. Plexxus' distribution centre provides supplies to major GTA hospital. At times we had to work extra hours to ensure supplies are delivered to the hospitals on time, so that patients at the hospitals receive required care. Working longer hours is your choice. Great team environment. We were always there for each other, helping new guys and girls to learn faster. The hardest part of the job is when someone doesn't pull their weight. The most enjoyable part of the job is to know that your work contributes to improving healthcare in Ontario. The management is very supportive, they are interested in your success. Fair compensation and good benefits.
Pros
BBQ in summer; career opportunities; very close to GO station; clean and safe warehouse
Cons
Public transport in the area doesn't run past certein hours
Positive work environment and opportunities for job advancement
Corporate Office (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 July 2017
I have been at Plexxus for a few months now and have really enjoyed my time here so far. The HR and Communications team have made my transition very smooth and easy. Everyone in the office is friendly, welcoming and open to sharing their knowledge.

It is great to work in the health care field and be a part of such important work! I did not know anything about shared services or health care when I started but the team has made sure that I fully understand how the organization works and the work they do.
Pros
Working in the health care field, progressive and friendly work culture
Cons
Fast paced environment with a lot of work to do
Plexxus
Contract Analyst, Strategic Sourcing (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 September 2016
My time at Plexxus was fantastic, The senior managers allow you to take responsibility for your projects. They are always willing to assist you in order to allow for implementation and success.
Picker (former employee)
Picker (Former Employee) –  Oakville31 March 2016
This company should be paying higher salaries to employees. They don't tell you the total job when hired. You have to stay until trucks are loaded. There is friction between shifts and there are certain woman there that are scary and mean.

Bosses do their best. Nothing wrong with them.

Work load on the body was beginning to cause health problems and I am young. High expectations. I also have a problem with the way temp workers are treated. They will tell them they are hired but keep them working through temp agency for months after the 3 month period. They hand out bonus' and such to "full timers" not to agency staff. I find this disgusting considering they are full time. The Government has to step up against companies abusing Agency staff and put strict legislation on companies that lie to them about hiring.

People quit constantly at Plexxus. I walked out.
Pros
Cons
You can't leave until trucks are loaded, which everyone has to do in plant.
It was a fantastic place to work
SAP Purchasing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 March 2015
Would like to work at such place where there are openness, guideline and also freedom at the same time. Good place to work for master data analyst, buyer, inventory analyst and supply chain professional
Pros
Good working
Cons
In city parking may be costly
Poor Management Team and Crazy Busy Place!
Purchasing Admin (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 June 2014
People come and go. Very unstable working enviroment due to poor management team and heavy work load.
Supportive Executive team with potential for future growth
Distribution Centre Manager (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON24 April 2014
Plexxus is a leading shared services organization delivering value to the health care system.
Plexxus relentlessly pursues opportunities to provide reliable services to our customers that improve quality and result in operational efficiencies and savings.
Great facility, a wonderful contributor to saving lives in hospitals across GTA
Supervisor/Lead (Former Employee) –  Oakville, Ont31 March 2014
A typical day at Plexxus was never like the last. I was an efficient person checking on productivity by assigning tasks and taking on tasks designated for associates when we were in a crunch. I was demanding yet fair as a lead hand/supervisor. I operated equipment and handled situations with a dignity and respect to our customers. Yes i was frustrated with lack of products,lack of carts,lack of teaching tools to improve myself but i still saw the goal of making sure our clients which were 12 major hospitals in the GTA which were responsible for surgeries and healthcare depending on us and our products getting there effectively and efficiently. I respected the business and what it does even if i am on the outside looking in now. I was frustrated with the lack of help by higher managemnet and the need to learn more of my role. I put in 65 hour work weeks to see things through yet i accepted it. I was determined to full fill my obligations
Pros
Excellent staff, incredible company
Cons
Extremely long hours
Enjoyable atmosphere
Warehouse picker (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON21 February 2014
Would recommend this company to anyone that is looking for a few hours extra per week... Everyone is friendly and management is very helpful. You are dealing with hospital supplies which is always a good feeling to know but the only down side is work has to be completed before you go home, which is understandable.
Pros
Big facility and fantastic people
Cons
Extended hours
interesting place with free coffee
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON20 February 2014
do your work, finish and pick up everyone elses slack, poor management and the most enjoyable part of the day is going home.... in 8 hours not 12 or 13 since you can't leave untill all the works done. picking errors are randomly issued to workers even though that worker may not have been even working with the product...in short terrable place avoid at all costs!!
Pros
lots of vacation time
Cons
employee treatment, hours, wear on body, warehouse middle management
Fast pace working environment
Accounting Clerk (Co-op Placement) (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON22 January 2014
Great people to work with. Worked as accounts payable accountant and learned a lot. The Co-workers are great and quite helpful.
Result oriented company with a high turnover rate.
Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 September 2012
- Typical day is spend processing request into SAP, managing incidents and communicating with internal clients.
- Learned to be more result oriented, manage and train small teams as well as expanded my SAP knowledge
- Most coworkers are pleasant and friendly but everyone is busy working hard so socialization with others outside your team/department is very low
- Hardest part of the job is dealing with unrealistic deadlines with little help or support
- The most enjoyable past of the job is having that sense of accomplishment and satisfaction when you complete a task or project ahead of schedule as well as when the client recognizes the hard work you done.
Pros
located in the eaton centre
Cons
low recognition for hard work or job well done

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Plexxus. Our community is ready to answer.

Plexxus Reviews by Location