Plexxus

Plexxus Employee Reviews

Stable, not very challenging, stuff gets done in order to check boxes. The people are nice, benefits are acceptable, very little potential for upward mobility.
Collaborative and professional working environment. I had the opportunity to learn in-depth knowledge of the business from participating in multiple projects across the firm.
Highest turn over you have ever seen. Management does not care. There is a feeling that you can be replaced by cheap labor anytime. There is no investment in employee's future, no training, seminars are reserved for leadership only.
It has a great work culture. However, I do wish that there was more opportunity for growth within the company.My manager is not very helpful and eager to guide me.
as a current warehouse worker for a year now I can safely say this company is a penny pinching, deceiving, borderline toxic environment with very little to no room for advancement. I can only speak for the warehouse but firstly the hours are incredibly inconvenient (11-7 or 12-8pm no morning shift) so you never get a regular life and most shifts are Sunday - Thursday. We are incredibly over worked with beyond brain dead repetitive labour that will not only impact your physical health but also your mental health the place is so out of date and dirty (both washroom and change room are filthy and disgusting) this isn’t even the worst parts the turnover rate is beyond comprehensible which effects every aspect of your job you are constantly working with new employees that soon discover why the turnover rate is so high our bonuses withWe’re promised are based on goals and deadlines which are never met because employees never last and it is team based we were promised 2 week vacation after a year and then told said vacation time must be earned not to mention you work every holiday as an employee we get no social aspect or any kind of work sanctioned events (not even a Christmas party) it becomes incredibly clear your life will become and remain unhappy it is depressing to see such great workers treated as such lots of immigrants who can’tget any other jobs are hand picked here as that is what they want desperate employees that are either intimidated to speak there mind or don’t have a choice but to put up with the companies unorthodox way of work it’s a sad and depressing - more...
It is a great place to work in regards to job location. Work is not fast-paced as it seems, like most jobs if you do your job, you will be seen by vultures to bring you down but gossip, and not seen for the business ethics you may have. A bunch of old ppl that have no life outside of work and need to make it more... interesting. The few people who do their work are not seen, because they are hidden like a gem.
Management doesnt know what they are doing. Hard labour. No considerations. Not suitable for people with dissabilities - they terminate a former employee that has a hearing impaired disability. Not good at all!
Pros:Work environment is friendly. Frequent contact with senior management. Salary and benefits are good. Cons: High Turnover, not many opportunities to grow for seasoned professionals, on the job training only, difficult clients.
Worked for Plexxus for 4 years. High turn over because, 1. You have to work every holiday of the year as they supply hospitals which are always open. 2. The shift hours are terrible. Day shift is 10am or 11am till 7 or 8pm. Night shift is 7 or 8pm to 3 or 4am. What this means is you will never see your family or have a proper life. 3. Management is corrupt and there is next to no room to advance. If you advance you are overworked and underpaid. In 4 years I made less than 1000 dollars every two weeks unless I worked overtime. 4. Company does not have money so they penny pinch on everything including your raises and even discontinued giving a Christmas bonus which was a 50 dollar grocery card. 5. Every quarter of the year you are able to receive a bonus but more often than not it was reduced because it was based on either team productivity or trucks arriving at hospitals on time which means you work very hard individually and others who dont cost you that bonus. The bonus only goes to plexxus employees but because of high turn over you work side by side with alot of temps who dont get that bonus at all so why should they work hard or care? Any other job and you will have every holiday off. Stop and think about that for a second and you will realize that any job is better because I had no life for 4 years and worked like a dog for peanuts on Thanksgiving, Christmas eve and even civic holidays which means all you have in a year to look forward to is the weekend and your vacation.
Cons
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Plexxus?
From the moment you walk in, you discover that management did not embrace nor adapted to modern technology in the workplace. Sure they give you a lap top and a phone to work remotely, but they insist that you come in from 9 to 5 to work out of a cubicle, even though all of the work/ project is done out of that lap top with no need to interact with anyone except in pre-scheduled meetings. - They do not follow industry standard Project Management methodologies on projects and good luck getting the right data you need for spend. - Location is very inconvenient, and some employees have to travel almost two hours to get to work. - old Furniture and lighting - very high employee turnover - no room for advancement, staff not motivated enough, and most see it as just a stepping stone Job.
Pros
Most Peer employees are wonderful and friendly
Cons
Unnecessary long commutes to work on days that projects can be done remotely
Okay temp job until you find a real career. Lots of people feel stuck there Not a great place if you have ambition in your life, and consider safety to be important
Great First Job, would have stay if have the opportunity to advance. Was in accounts Payable, very simple and fun task. People are great there. Worked in Markham office.
Its a great company to work for. They supply equipment and medical supplies to more than 14 hospitals in GTA. The job involves partial support to those hospitals in SAP material management. Overall its a wonderful workplace.
Work environment is ok but can be improved if there was minimal micro management. Process needs to be consistent. Communication can be better from top down.
Plexxus is a great place to work. My manager was amazing not to mention the team i worked closely with. As a buyer, the position keeps you on your toes which I loved! there was always something to do, process PO's,Match audit etc. Overall wonderful people and company.
Lots of great people who really care about the work they do and the value they provide to our healthcare system. Senior Leadership members are very invested in the development and well being of their employees.
Pros
Great environment and very caring CEO
This is a very busy place indeed. Plexxus' distribution centre provides supplies to major GTA hospital. At times we had to work extra hours to ensure supplies are delivered to the hospitals on time, so that patients at the hospitals receive required care. Working longer hours is your choice. Great team environment. We were always there for each other, helping new guys and girls to learn faster. The hardest part of the job is when someone doesn't pull their weight. The most enjoyable part of the job is to know that your work contributes to improving healthcare in Ontario. The management is very supportive, they are interested in your success. Fair compensation and good benefits.
Pros
BBQ in summer; career opportunities; very close to GO station; clean and safe warehouse
Cons
Public transport in the area doesn't run past certein hours
I have been at Plexxus for a few months now and have really enjoyed my time here so far. The HR and Communications team have made my transition very smooth and easy. Everyone in the office is friendly, welcoming and open to sharing their knowledge. It is great to work in the health care field and be a part of such important work! I did not know anything about shared services or health care when I started but the team has made sure that I fully understand how the organization works and the work they do.
Pros
Working in the health care field, progressive and friendly work culture
Cons
Fast paced environment with a lot of work to do
My time at Plexxus was fantastic, The senior managers allow you to take responsibility for your projects. They are always willing to assist you in order to allow for implementation and success.
This company should be paying higher salaries to employees. They don't tell you the total job when hired. You have to stay until trucks are loaded. There is friction between shifts and there are certain woman there that are scary and mean. Bosses do their best. Nothing wrong with them. Work load on the body was beginning to cause health problems and I am young. High expectations. I also have a problem with the way temp workers are treated. They will tell them they are hired but keep them working through temp agency for months after the 3 month period. They hand out bonus' and such to "full timers" not to agency staff. I find this disgusting considering they are full time. The Government has to step up against companies abusing Agency staff and put strict legislation on companies that lie to them about hiring. People quit constantly at Plexxus. I walked out.
Pros
Cons
You can't leave until trucks are loaded, which everyone has to do in plant.
Would like to work at such place where there are openness, guideline and also freedom at the same time. Good place to work for master data analyst, buyer, inventory analyst and supply chain professional
Pros
Good working
Cons
In city parking may be costly
  1. Employee reviews