Pleasant Solutions

Pleasant Solutions Job security & advancement reviews

Canada22 reviews

Clear
2.8Job security & advancement

Excellent Place to work backed by expert technical minds

Pleasant solutions provided a fantastic learning environment given the opportunity to provide a full host of IT solutions for global clients

Meat Grinder

Dont expect to enjoy management, at all. This is a good jumping off point for your development career as you wont regret quitting, and management wont really care. management rules like 1984 instead of showing their employees trust and some semblance of decency.

Pros

free snack

Cons

Toxic management, time tracking

Insights into Pleasant Solutions

Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Energizing work tasks

UNpleasant

If you are considering working for the so-called Pleasant Solutions... I highly advise you to reconsider. This company is a dumpster fire of high-level incompetence, paired with excruciating micro-management, led by a CEO who has no business managing other human beings. The company is shrinking, with a high employee turnover rate and downsizing galore. Most people with any level of expertise or competency are either fired or quit. If you work for Pleasant Solutions, be prepared to have all of your professional expertise minimized. You will be given tasks that are the equivalent of a chicken pressing a lever to receive a piece of corn. You will be given no opportunities for professional growth, and in fact opportunities for growth will be explicitly withheld. If you suggest improvements to any part of the company, you will be ignored, or contradicted, and most likely even reprimanded.The benefits are laughable. Forget about RRSP matching or other corporate perks: instead, you will be given instant noodles and gummy worms in the break room as a form of compensation. If you can retire on gummy worms, then all power to you.Steer clear of this one, friends. It may look tempting at a distance, but I can promise you, you are worth so much more than this. Keep looking, and a much better job opportunity will come along for you. Pleasant Solutions is a dead end road and a completely toxic work environment. You can and will do better.

Pros

Free gummy worms

Cons

The CEO tries to rule with fear and micromanagement

It took some getting use to in the beginning to get familiar with their time tracking system, but I actually like the time tracking system very much as it adds lots of flexibility in managing your work hours(better work and life balance). Management is great especially the CEO, very approachable. Everyone is very friendly and helpful. Lot of unique perks like snacks and massages, etc. I didn’t have prior experience in the position I took which most company requires, and they hired me anyways which I was very grateful for. Also their response to COVID-19 pandemic was very timely and considerate for employees which demonstrate they care about employee health and safety.

Compassionate Ownership

I experienced a number of personal difficulties during my time at Pleasant. Both the company and the ownership were incredibly gracious, understanding, and accommodating during that time. For that, I'm truly grateful and wish them nothing but the best.

Unpleasant

Low salary. You are expected to quit after a while. You will not get an annual review or a raise unless you ambush the CEO. If you try to schedule it properly, without ambushing, it will get moved back months and may never happen. I was informed from someone in headquarters that it took multiple months for someone over there to get their annual employee review. In 2 years, I haven't had one. Different project managers and leaders have different styles of management. It can be very jarring having to mentally switch between the different ways project managers try to "lead." Especially if you stay for more than a year and you are on 3-4 projects at once. In 2 years, half of the project managers I worked with were decent, the other half were not. Some of them need to have basic things explained to them over and over again. Many people I have spoken to understand just how bad things are, but everyone is either too scared to say anything to the CEO or they don't feel they will be listened to. Everything is compartmentalized, so that developers are as out of the loop as possible. Regardless of whatever they told you, truly interesting projects come a few times a year, and you will likely not be chosen to be on the team. Everything is timed, and every piece of code is reviewed. Because everyone is on multiple projects, you could wait days for your code to be reviewed by the reviewer because he is doing something else. That could result in you having nothing to time. Every new developer in my office has no clue who their direct boss is. When this satellite office opened, we speculated -

Pros

Good work-life balance, Somewhat interesting projects if you're lucky enough to be chosen for that specific team, The other developers are mostly nice.

Cons

Low salary, Everything else

Great Place To Work

As a current employee for this company I can say it has been an awesome experience so far. This company provides you with many perks and the atmosphere is amazing. Its basically like a family here.

Variety of Projects and Technologies

In my time at Pleasant I've been exposed to a variety of different technologies, many of them cutting edge. I've had the opportunity to work with some very bright and talented developers. I've learned more in my year at Pleasant than I did in the latter half of the almost decade I spent at my last job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pleasant Solutions. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement