Pleasant Solutions

Pleasant Solutions Culture reviews

Canada22 reviews

Clear

I did not have a Pleasant time

Every second of your time must be tracked to a project. Fear and threats are the only way management knows how to lead. Don't get fooled by the sleight of hand -- their policies are as bad as they sound.

Pros

free snacks, modern development process

Cons

high-stress environment, toxic culture, lack of leadership, underwhelming compensation

Great place to work. Flat organization structure.

Great place to work. Flat organization structure. You work alongside some of the most intelligent people. If you enjoy intellectual conversations then this is the place for you.

Insights into Pleasant Solutions

Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Energizing work tasks

Great Place To Work

As a current employee for this company I can say it has been an awesome experience so far. This company provides you with many perks and the atmosphere is amazing. Its basically like a family here.

Thrilled to work in a Diverse, Positive, Supportive Environment

- I'm really enjoying Pleasant, and have been here while, and have learned how the business and culture operates. - Pleasant Solutions is diverse, a "rapid growth IT company", fast-moving flexible, with a start-up business mindset. - Day-to-day I've found there are new and interesting challenges to tackle, usually fast-paced, new technologies, and often, multiple projects and many tasks to handle. - I've been able to dig deep into my industry/domains, learn new market machinations and niches that I can now better understand, and comprehend additional factors needed for a strong, growing company - It's a positive environment where I see that employees own their work and expand their skills in a variety of areas. - Since employees are busy, I believe HR concerns are probably a lot less, with minimized drama or politics. That's a huge plus when coming from other work-places including the public sector. - However, I've found management to also be very supportive and flexible, to a degree I haven't experienced in other private / public companies. - I've been often fascinated to learn from the different skill-sets within the business, because of the breadth and depth that the company goes to, to compete in complex challenges, and with speed and efficiencies of business. Their mascot is the humming bird: fast, efficient, and pleasant. - I have the feeling that the work-place is safe and accommodating and that employees have a sense of accomplishment. - There can be some overwhelming thoughts at times when the targets are aggressive and seem very unlikely, -

The sweatshop of software development

The projects are interesting, you use the newest tools, there are always people around to help. You can work as independently as you want, or as part of a team. There is always someone who can teach you new things. It's not a bad place to grow your skill-set. However, you get nickle and dimed on your time. You have to bill against a project for it to count towards your weekly hours. So no time for stack overflow, learning, etc. They don't offer benefits either. If I wanted to work as a contractor/consultant, I'd expect to be paid as one. Unfortunately that was not the case. Project management is non-existent. Any social contact is non-billable time, lunch and learns aren't even paid.

Pros

interesting work

Cons

culture, pay

Help me, Tom Cruise.

The culture is one of universal fear and mistrust. Coworkers rarely want to commit more time for social activities since their every second is logged.

Cons

Way too many.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pleasant Solutions. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement