Plaza Premium Lounge

Plaza Premium Lounge Employee Reviews

Canada40 reviews
Typical day at work was so fast especially morning. I learned time management and how to deal different kind of people from rich to poor people attitude. The hardest part was the rudeness of the passengers and the rewarding part if they appreciate your work and no complaint from them. The most enjoyable part you meet different kind of people like celebreties from Hollywood or other countries.
Pros
free food
Cons
long hours sometimes
Really sressful, missing hrs in the paycheck and late pay. The longest one we waited for the pay was 2 long weeks and the pay is not even correct, they always deduct your hours
Working in a safe and clean environment with friendly and supportive staffs, serving customers with a smile. It is a nice place to go to work every day in PPL.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Need extra time from the airport security to pass, because you punch your daily attendance in the lounge.
Management is horrible they make you work like slaves. People who been working for long time make you do everything for them while they just sit around.
I sincerely advise not to work here.

The management and communication of this company is extremely poor, there is a lot of workload for very little pay wage, and the training is almost non-existant. The Assistant Manager of the lounges will try to intimidate you and scare you to becomimg compliant. The turnover of employees is extremely high as the management does not know how to properly train nor provide support for new employees. When faced with difficult sitiutions the management team becomes a group of clowns that put a smile on their faces but do nothing to better the situation. They themselves lack leadership training and instead of trying to resolve problems within the company, they blame Hong Kong Headquaters for their lack of action.
Great fantastic awrsome helpful
Sharing work load teamwork

Indoors warm dry great manager

Good supervisors respectful

Responsible great staff passengees great paid lunch breaks

Free food fresh food vaiety of food eavh meal buffet syyle
Not long enough break long hours poor workplace etiquette loves the fast past and always busy feel just the employee culture is very disappointed not bad job
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
A good place to get experience at the airport. Entry level staff are very nice and helpful but the management team always try to intimidate you with their position, they will try to scare you until you cry. Turn over rate here is extremely bad.

Its poorly manage and most management team lacks experience. Apparently they are still in training. I would not recommend this place to work, better work elsewhere since you'll be treated better.
> lack of man power
> too much work for the Lounge assistant but they gave us low salary

> they are bias with their employees (favouritism/racism exists as well)

> they don’t give you opportunities to apply for a higher position in the company.

> salary is always delayed 1-5 days delayed
I think the work is educational and fun as you get to interact with guests who are excited to go on their trip, as well as with pilots or flight attendents, who we built up our relationship with.

Management, however, is a different story. Hopefully, they changed the way of managing because when I was there, it was not good at all. They were barely there to support you, in fact you hardly get any recognition from them. Only if you did something bad like a guest complains about you, then do they show up and talk to you. Otherwise, they are off eating somewhere.

If you are someone who wants to learn or take a step into the airport environment, this is somewhere where you can take your first step. However, I do not see it as a long term job unless you gain the favour of the higher ups.
my life has changed from working here, i became more interested to communicate with passengers and worker, my tone became more professional stage than before, learned to work over 10 hours for a shift. .
fun and exciting work place as each passenger is a special case basis
helping gives me great pleasure too

passengers with a smile means alot

passengers are always greatful and kind and helpful
Pros
happy passengers
Cons
drunk passengers
They promise look good in the beginning but terrible in the end they do not give overtime very challenging place to work. Workers are very supportive when you need help
Pros
Cons
You work hard but people don't care about hours
travel long distance to work, different shifts in the week,poor management, typical labor work, lots of office politics, no support in work place, hot working environment
Pros
free lunch
Cons
different shifts
i had a terrible experience working at plaza premium lounge its a Chinese ran company and 98% of their employees are from Asian decent. me being a visible minority i was bullied, treated badly, talked about in their language and constantly being reported on even though i did an exceptional job at what i was hired to do. I would not suggest working for this company to any visible minority as they will come together to make you look bad just to get you out.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
no diversity
This workplace is very unprofessional, unorganized, and don’t care about their employees. Worst organization ever. Parking, getting a hold of someone in the airport or any hr member to get information for my training days were way more complicated that it should have been and nobody knew anything.
Cons
une expérience qui m'a appris beaucoup de chose dans ma vie
Pros
Repas Gratuit
Cons
les managers sont pas professionnelles, ils font de la double jobs souvent
-As an employee at Plaza Lounge I enjoyed working everyday coz I have a chance to talk and meet different person and serve them before their flight.For me a fun place to work.
- I learned also how to handle and deal with different kind of personality everday.

have fun every day and good airport
good person good sunshine and view

work 5;30;-1;30pm

4 different lounge ,good guest and friend

better food than my home
Pros
ok
Cons
ok
Always a busy lounge.
9-10 hours work per day.

Hardest part of the job was dealing with customers complains.

Most fun at work is sometimes you'll meet celebrity people.
Pros
$.50 additional pay per hour if no mistakes and late have been done for 2 weeks
Cons
Long Hours with not enough time to sleep
-working with different diversity with equal and fair workload
- management is very fun working with

- tho i find the workplace are stressful I still find it nice because I'm working with different individuals.