Playdium

Playdium Employee Reviews

Canada21 reviews
Most kitchen full time employees are offered benefits and considering with less pay - it would be harder to pay for those things. I do believe with the type of company Cineplex is, members in the kitchen should have rights to benefits.
My overall experience working there was okay . My relationships with my co workers were great , made coming to work fun . However management sucked , didn’t take issues seriously.
Working there is quite fun you get to experience children laughter and enthusiasm which makes working there worthwhile. Management is excellent when it comes to accommodating to employee needs.
• Hours are always cut
• Management is all over the place

• Pay wage isn’t enough

The only good thing about working here is the staff is all so friendly and like one big family

The fun environment is what is keeping everyone around
I've worked at Playdium since September 3 and since then enjoyed the environment and those who trained me there. Although its a great job opportunity, most of the associates, including myself, have not been getting any hours due to the time my location had opened, which was in the middle of September.
I found that Playdium had a secure system on how to conduct human resource management. One member of management could tend to be a little aggressive, but overall they were good.
Was alright, kinda stressful, good pay and hours and the people are nice. The place really needs a coat of paint, very run down. The boss tends to hover around everybody and never leaves.
Pros
some things are free
Cons
hard work and is very hot
As I was a cashier at playdium, I learned how to process transactions and was trusted with the companies income on a day to day basis. The workplace environment was something I enjoyed and made friends with other cashiers. I am a very open person and enjoy working with people around me. The most enjoyable part of the job would be the interaction with customers. Seeing families with their kids coming in on weekends and enjoying and telling us cashiers their stories.
Pros
Half off food.
Cons
Not allowed to sit even for 10 seconds.
. Playdium gets pretty hectic, crowded and loud when it's in full swing. Plus the games and entertainment is what i run when im working
Parties are different because it's more contained and their done in small rooms
Pros
free play cards
Cons
we couldnt do everything because we worked there
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Playdium?
Playdium has been a positive work environment. They have been a welcoming company and very flexible with my availability. Gained a lot of experience and training.
Playdium was always busy, it was great interacting with kids and adults and seeing everyone come in and leave with a smile on their face. I learned to manage my time effectively, and work in a face-paced environment.
busy on weekends, slow on weekdays during the winter months.
Learned how to be independent and work as a team.

very mutli-cultural in terms of diversity. most enjoyable part is the people you get to work with.

no benefits for part time workers.
typical day at work was mostly customer service and cleaning

nice first job for highschooler to gain basic sense of responsibility

friendly management and staff
Playdium is a great place to work to gain experience as you get to experience many different types of customers. At playdium, we are taught health and safety, and standard guest service procedures. A great place to start off your workplace career.
Pros
50% off food, free time play cards
Cons
Not much room to advance up
Easy work, if you do your job and they like you you can advance pretty quickly. All the managers are really nice. Its a great summer job, though sometimes the hours suck because they either hire too many people or they sit around and wait for everyone to quit before they hire more people.
Playdium was a great workplace. The environment is always fun and friendly. Job was not too complicated. Job is secure and advancement is easy. The people who work there are great.
Pros
half off food
Cons
need to speak up if you want more shifts
Great job to have while in high school with opportunities to move up and achieve experience supervising or of job variability.
Pros
great staff, friendly management
Cons
largely weekend bussiness
Playdium was a fun, and easy place to work out. Very hands on.
Pros
Fast pased, Kept busy.
Cons
N/a
This position was demanding, but allowed for fun. I was responsible for hosting children's parties, catering, receptionist duties, and cashier duties. The co-workers were friendly and I still have many ties with most of them. Overall, the job was enjoyable and I was given 30mins of play time every shift.
This was a great company to work for. Everyday got to show new clients how wonderful the facility was and why they should bring their companies to Playdium for team building events. The hardest part was generating new business, but it made me learn to look outside the box.
Pros
able to playgames and open new locations
I worked in an environment with people that made me smile, job was interesting at times and the customers that came in always knew how to make me smile.
Pros
loved the job and people i worked with
Cons
machines breaking down