Plats du chef

Plats du chef Employee Reviews in Concord, ON

Working at PDC is a great honor. The company gave us good benefits and assurance of job. The people working are good and respectful. Our leaders are helpful in times of needs.
Company uses scare tactics on employees to force overtime (if you don't work Saturdays, you won't have weekday schedule) No chain of command. Employees run the floor. Can expect to be a temp worker for over seven years. In rare cases of full time hire, they do not hire in order of seniority or even work ethic. All about who likes you. Always try to guilt you to feel bad for the company.. to work until you're replaced by the next shift person and do not pay for the few minutes. Happens almost every day. And they pay overtime after 44 hours in the week. Not after 40 hours or after 8 hours in the shift Indirectly threatens employees for talk of joining a union. Cuts benefits without informing employees. (eyeglasses from $250 to $150) They do offer a pension plan though. The only perk which is common now with companies. But good luck getting full time to even get it.
Pros
pension plan, no alternating shifts
Cons
almost everything.
Plats du Chef has been a great learning experience for me. My co-workers are very helpful and respectful. The most enjoyable part of the job is that its very unpredictable that keeps me going and busy at all times. The management team is always there to answer any questions or concerns. Overall, it has been a pleasure working with Plats du Chef.
Often working in a team, the given tasks are often a routine. Completed dough-packaging services, with other co-workers. Performed various team working activities at the workplace to help excel the brand name.
Pros
friendly environment/staff
Cons
difficult temperatures to work at