Plato's Closet Employee Reviews

fun work place
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  London, ON8 January 2018
I enjoyed the workplace and the environment very much. Did not like the workplace drama that did take place. Also did not like the favoritism. Very much liked the warm, and caring environment.
Pros
discounts on cheap clothes
Cons
Productive place to work at
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON28 December 2017
Plato's Closet was a great place to work for a first-time retailer. The atmosphere was positive and happy. I am thankful for my experience at Plato's Closet, but working at a clothing store wasn't cut out for me.
Pros
Friendly owner, really easy to get along with
Cons
Boring work
Productive and Fun
Floor manager (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON11 August 2017
Great Place to work, if your willing to work grown and learn lots. very high energy and fast paced with slower days. Working as a team is great and everyone is nice with some ups and downs.
Pros
Benefits are offered and free lunches during sales
Cons
Managements time managing and team work
Friendly environment with lots of work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON4 June 2017
A typical day at work at Plato's closet is somewhat stressful due to disorganization though it is also a good place to learn retail skills because it's always super busy and there is so much to do. The management there was not great at all but a new manager was recently hired so it will probably get better. The most enjoyable part of the job was being in a friendly environment with lots of nice people.
Not worth it
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 April 2017
negative work environment, and dealing with people's (sometimes dirty) clothing.

most days staff just stand around on their cell phones, as management prefers to do everything, so work gets completed the way they want it.

staff input not utilized, and ideas not acknowledged
Nice place!
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON29 March 2017
A cute little place to get work experience and more! You learn many things working at a Platos closet from your normal sale associate things eg. cash, communication ect.. to learning how to buy in clothing and the different price points of many different brands. The staff is always fun and treat each other like a family.
Pros
Great staff and experience
Cons
Small hours
great environment and friendly staff
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON6 March 2017
cashier, sales associate
sock clothing
clean the floor/racks
learned communication skills
how to work as a team
Friendly environment
angry costumers
Pros
Discount on clothing
Cons
not enough hours
One of the best work environements i have ever been apart of.
Key Holder and Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON6 November 2016
Platos has by far been the best work environment i have been apart of. If you're looking for a fun and rewarding job,you're looking in the right place
Pros
Flexible
management
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON4 April 2016
They are sneaky people who are scared to say what they really want from you and how to grow. They fire people without any reasons!
Pros
good work space
Cons
management
A day at work
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB8 March 2016
So get into work and since we are a consignment store start helping customers and doing sales and buys.
i usually do a split shift so in the evening we clean up the store once everyone has left and I cash out.
Great Company to work for !
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON8 April 2015
Family environment - busy clothing store, where we buy and sell merchandise. Up-to-date accounts receivable/payable computer software. great place to work with lots of different responsiblities !
Relaxed, Enjoyable workplace.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON1 April 2015
Plato's Closet is a very relaxed workplace with great training for retail experience and sales associates. Offers great experience for cash registers, customer service, as-well as handling product.
Pros
Great Management
Amazing place to work albeit the insecurity and failing hours
Sales (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON27 January 2015
When I received a phone call from my managers in 2014 requesting an interview to work at Plato's Closet, I was stoked to say the least. My mother and her boyfriend were going through a rough break-up, resulting in the loss of our home, and we were struggling financially. This job meant I could be independent and my mom could get back on her feet without having to worry about supporting me. The job went well, and I ended up meeting some people that would eventually grow to be some of my closest friends. When the store first opened in August, the traffic was insane. We were working eight hour shifts on the daily almost, and barely had time to sit when we did. This resulted in my manager doing another round of hiring, where about six or so people were added to the scheduling. However, as the months progressed, the store began to get slower. Now, I am lucky if I even get scheduled once a week. My last two pay checks have had the grand total of $0, because the new employees are getting all of the work, leaving those who helped create the store with no hours. I have spent the last couple of months in a panic, barely able to afford gas to drive my car which I have just paid off for the year. Working here has taught me how to help build a store from scratch, and gave me the customer service skills needed for future job endeavours, however with the declining hours, it is hardly considered part-time employment anymore. I understand that this is the nature of retail, and no one is specific is to blame. My manager has been a very good one and is doing her best to spread out the hours, but  more... with the business failing, can only do so much.  less
Productive, fast paced environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON28 September 2014
- Sorted and tagged clothing
- Cashed out customers, customer service
- Management is good, very involved
- Very chatty though they work hard
- Dealing with gossip and drama between coworkers
- Dealing with an extremely difficult customer is hard
- Dealing with a good customer is enjoyable
- Making a customer happy in the end is very rewarding
Pros
Management is good
Cons
Very few hours