Plasti-Fab Ltd Employee Review

View all Plasti-Fab Ltd reviews

Summary of Plasti-fab
QUALITY CONTROLLER , ISO INTERNAL AUDITOR (Former Employee) –  Crossfield, AB30 November 2013
I started out working for them because my type of printing is a dead art from and I needed to work. I had a friend whom I knew through my dog breeding , who got me interested in this company.

I started out working grave yard shift , learning to operate Moulding machines. Soon advanced to night shift supervisor. I trained new employees in the different moulding Machines , on safety procedures and quality. Then I was given the opportunity to take a ISO internal Auditor Course and pasts and eventually took a up graded version as the policy's changed over the years. I moved into day shift, with more Quality control duties and ISO auditor duties, plus was given the chance to work in the Lab when needed and to cover for those on holidays. That was exciting. I learned how to use Lab equipment to do quality control tests of the produces that was being produced. I also got to learn office Administration duties to help with over load when needed.

it was exciting doing multi jobs.

I had made some friends in the company and still communicate with a few of them through Facebook since I moved away.
Pros
the continual chances to learn new things for the company.
Cons
the worry each winter if lay offs would effect me, I never did get layed off but it was always a worry because it is a seasonal type of company.

Other Plasti-Fab Ltd Employee Reviews

Good wage and benefits is all they offer
Hot Wire Operator (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON20 September 2019
Wage and benefits are the only good things to say about this company.
Its a union shop and has a lot of union politics. After the fact resolution.
Employees are negative and hard to work with.
Most employees have a i do what i want attitude.
New management lacks communication with staff.
Promotion is next to impossible unless your a part of the district managers personal inner circle.
Its extremely messy on the shop floor with a haze of smoke though out the facility.
Health and safety issues tend to get neglected.
Multiple layoffs.I had 5 layoffs in 2 years.
There is a overall lack of leadership company wide.
Negative verbal atmosphere and some violence, in which those employees are still there?
Seniority is the golden rule regardless of skill set. example: best worker vs worst worker-worst worker wins job posting based on seniority 100% of the time.
Mandatory overtime is often exercised resulting in a poor work life balance.
Pros
wage and benifits
Cons
it's a long list
Good Place to work, good people.
Hot Wire Operator (Former Employee) –  Crossfield, AB11 September 2019
This is a decent place to work, pays slightly above minimum wage. After three months you get benefits. Can be slow at times, but can also be very busy. Management is mediocre.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Plasti-Fab Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.