Plasti-Fab Ltd Employee Reviews

Good wage and benefits is all they offer
Hot Wire Operator (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON20 September 2019
Wage and benefits are the only good things to say about this company.
Its a union shop and has a lot of union politics. After the fact resolution.
Employees are negative and hard to work with.
Most employees have a i do what i want attitude.
New management lacks communication with staff.
Promotion is next to impossible unless your a part of the district managers personal inner circle.
Its extremely messy on the shop floor with a haze of smoke though out the facility.
Health and safety issues tend to get neglected.
Multiple layoffs.I had 5 layoffs in 2 years.
There is a overall lack of leadership company wide.
Negative verbal atmosphere and some violence, in which those employees are still there?
Seniority is the golden rule regardless of skill set. example: best worker vs worst worker-worst worker wins job posting based on seniority 100% of the time.
Mandatory overtime is often exercised resulting in a poor work life balance.
Pros
wage and benifits
Cons
it's a long list
used to be a fun place to work
Manufacturing operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON24 July 2019
I loved my job and loved going to work every day . I loved the people that worked with me under my direction .
I learned that there was always room for improvement .
VP of Manufacturing was very supportive and appreciative.
The culture on the plant floor was good
The hardest part of the job was meeting customer requirements with minimum information and short lead times.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the work force in the plant and the admin staff.
Pros
Great benefits and great awards celebration BBQ and appreciation lunches for the employees
Cons
Pressure to meet customer requirement . old equipment .
Good Work Environment for a small company
Order Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 July 2019
A typical day during the peak construction season is exciting, busy and fun. During the Winter months,you will be bored off your rocker.

The company culture is pretty good. There are a few divisions throughout North America, yes, this is still a small company as each location employees a small number of staff. You don't feel like a number. You feel appreciated.

The pay scale is a bit on the low side but, the work is super easy.

The hardest part of the job is trying to figure out what it is you're supposed to do. You will self train a lot but, there are people you can call to ask questions and they typically are pretty good at finding you the right answers.
Pros
Easy work
Cons
Low Pay
Good people and easy work, poor management
General Labourer (Current Employee) –  Ajax, ON9 June 2019
Simple and easy work for easy pay. Good working hours. Work days to off days ratio is 50:50 (collectively 7 days work and 7 days off within the 2 week pay period.) Good people to work with.

Management is poor in regards to not giving sufficient information to the workers to do the job properly. Not a whole lot of opportunities for overtime
Pros
Good people to work with, paid for taking lunch breaks, easy work, clean and safe work space
Cons
not a lot of opportunities for overtime, Not enough workers; sometimes doing 3 or 4 jobs all at once
Toxic environment
Sales (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON1 May 2019
The company itself is not bad, but there are certain people that think they run the company and management allows them to rule the roost and treat people terrible. The pay is not enough for what you have to put up with on the daily. Wouldnt recommend it.
Benefits
Cons
Toxic Culture
Provided great work experience
hot wire operator (Former Employee) –  Crossfield, AB12 October 2018
I really enjoyed working for the company even if I was there for a short amount of time it was a great experience for me especially because this helped me gained the work experience I needed for the future.
Pros
two fifteen minute breaks
Cons
overnight
Unstable
Power engineer in training (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON10 August 2018
As of late, I would advise not to accept a position at the ajax location. If you are an aspiring power engineer or just a student trying to make ends meet, you will most definitely have to undergo an massive lay off. Management is underqualified and financially drowning themselves.

If you do end up catch yourself working here, I would at least keep contact with your previous employer and be cautious.
Good Place to work
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 March 2018
Good environment, Company Does fun Group things like potlucks and barbeques and Conferences. I like the fact that everyone who has worked here has been here for many many years
Productive and enjoyable workplace
Operations Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON2 October 2017
Very dedicated and hard working staff. Managers are really keen on safety which is really helpful especially for newer members to the team. Pleasant experience working there.
Good company to work for
Cross Docking Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 September 2017
Loading and unloading material daily. Getting materiall ready for customer to pick up or two delivery to site. Taking customer calls. Monthly inventory and order of material if needed
Pros
Good company
Hot-wire Opereator (Former Employee) –  Crossfield, AB9 January 2017
Plasti-Fab is a productive and friendly place of work but they do not like it when you have a family emergency. hard nplace to advance at
Decent enough place
Hot Wire Operator (Former Employee) –  Crossfield, AB28 December 2015
Nothing too special. Work was alright, but pay could have been better. They had a bad habit of having new employees lift stuff way too heavy with little to no trading on how to lift it properly.
The manager didn't like to give breaks and sometimes wouldn't let crew go for break until he thought enough work had been done.
Coworkers were pretty good. If you just kept your hea d down and worked you were fine.
Pros
Good safety program.
Cons
Low wage and not the best management.
Summary of Plasti-fab
QUALITY CONTROLLER , ISO INTERNAL AUDITOR (Former Employee) –  Crossfield, AB30 November 2013
I started out working for them because my type of printing is a dead art from and I needed to work. I had a friend whom I knew through my dog breeding , who got me interested in this company.

I started out working grave yard shift , learning to operate Moulding machines. Soon advanced to night shift supervisor. I trained new employees in the different moulding Machines , on safety procedures and quality. Then I was given the opportunity to take a ISO internal Auditor Course and pasts and eventually took a up graded version as the policy's changed over the years. I moved into day shift, with more Quality control duties and ISO auditor duties, plus was given the chance to work in the Lab when needed and to cover for those on holidays. That was exciting. I learned how to use Lab equipment to do quality control tests of the produces that was being produced. I also got to learn office Administration duties to help with over load when needed.

it was exciting doing multi jobs.

I had made some friends in the company and still communicate with a few of them through Facebook since I moved away.
Pros
the continual chances to learn new things for the company.
Cons
the worry each winter if lay offs would effect me, I never did get layed off but it was always a worry because it is a seasonal type of company.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Plasti-Fab Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.