PLASP Child Care Services
Happiness score is 84 out of 100
View all PLASP Child Care Services reviews

PLASP Child Care Services

PLASP Child Care Services Employee Review

Use to be fun but not anymore

Plasp use to be a fun place to work a few years ago. With several new upper management coming on board, I have experienced changes that have increased my stress level. Not only do they make changes that directly affect staff and by extention our families, they make these changes without even asking us for our opinion or input. Vacation time is one such thing. We are now "forced" to take vacation when they close the centers. Vacation in the summer very expensive, and our lives aren't centered around the times that they have forced us to be off work. Totally unfair to us.I have worked for larger companies that do not do this so I don't understand why we cannot take time off throughout the year. This job is stressful and in between time off is essential for our mental health and sick days aren't always enough to cover mental health days.Additionally, we have no voice. It's a take it or leave it situation which is one reason why the turnover rate is so high now. You can't ignore the people who you rely on to show up daily. I loved worked here in the beginning but no so much anymore. Upper management have no idea what it is like being in the rooms with the kids so I guess they don't feel our pain.Scope for advancement is very difficult too. On the plus side, there are some awesome staff and kids at this company who make going into work worthwhile.

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Same role

Good organization to start work

I enjoy my work. Going to different schools give me the opportunity to learn a different style of teaching and handling the challenging behavior of kids. Sometimes it’s stressing me also because I have to pick the job from the system every day and I couldn't find a school nearby & have to travel to a far location. School staff and Office staff are very cooperative, helpful, and understanding.Handling the challenging behavior of kids along with their challenging parents is also you can say art and this you cannot learn until you experience it. I have gone through this experience. It was hard but with the support of my area manager and colleague, I was able to establish control over the situation.In any job the main character is the management, if you have all the confidence and support of management you can fulfill your all organizational duties and responsibilities. I feel I am with good organization.

Pros

As a relief staff don't have stress of work

Cons

very day going to different location is sometime stressful
Same role

overall a great place to work at. I worked as a relief and the pay was great for something you did 5-24 hours a week. Great cuz you go to a new school everyday so the environment always changes.

Pros

pay benefits

Cons

sometimes shift gets cancelled
Same location

Good for a part time position

It's good for a part-time job. There is not a lot of advancement in the company. The meetings are redundant and they do not compensate for it. The management is not diverse enough to cater to the employees meaning that there is a certain amount of women in charge but lack the diversity of the communities it serves. Which is very problematic and this is what makes the company take a linear path to modern day practices.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PLASP Child Care Services. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare PLASP Child Care Services with

• PLASP Child Care Services
  • Use to be fun but not anymore