PLASP Child Care Services
View all PLASP Child Care Services reviews

PLASP Child Care Services

PLASP Child Care Services Employee Review

Stressful environment

- It is a very stressful environment. Communication is confusing coming from leaders. Guidelines and protocols from leaders are followed and exercised based on convenience. Nothing consistent. Very frustrating. - You end up working beyond your required hours, putting in a lot of extra work with no extra compensation.- The company boasts about being 'all inclusive' but it's far from the truth.- The annual parent satisfaction survey percentage numbers seem fabricated.- The previous leadership, 2010 and prior, were a lot more human in their approach. Very compassionate and honoured their staff.- What is classified as a non-profit organization is currently being administered like a corporation, only pacifying the likes of outside influences that can provide financial provisions.- The turnover rate and instability on the front line is very high.Be forewarned: when you think you will have a steady position at a specific location, you will be pulled to various locations in a moment's notice and you cannot decline. It creates a very unsettled feeling because you never know what is coming your way. - Area managers are great but very stressed because executives put undo pressures on them. Executive leadership should be changed and replaced with more compassionate and kind personnel, especially being an organization that is non-profit and works with kids.- The company has an authoritarian type leadership. If you do not comply with their demands, you are dispensable. Very sad for a non-profit organization. Very inhumane.- Current COVID note: the organization made accommodation -

Pros

It's great working with students and kids, working with front line co-workers, and the area managers.

Cons

Executive leadership.

1.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Same roleSame location

I May Be Biased Because I Love Kids But...

PLASP is a great place to volunteer at if you like children and like getting active. It is great to put on your resume too to show trustworthiness to employers.

Pros

The children

Cons

Same roleSame location

Productive and fun place to work at

Get to engage with children. You get to work with friendly people who share same interests as you. It is also flexible. A day at work would be coming in at 7am, preparing breakfast for the children, and having them be ready by 9am, or whenever their schools starts. Then, I'd go home and return to work. This is a great bonus as I am able to go home and finish work around the house. I then go back to work at around 3pm and finish at 6:30.
Same location

Not what it used to be

When I began at this company, it was very family oriented and I felt supported by my superiors and given many opportunities to grow. Upper management has changed drastically in the last year and has created a stressful and toxic work environment. We are expected to be readily available from 7 in the morning to 6 pm while only getting paid part time hours. I’ve gotten many last minute calls to cover a different location and you are not allowed to say no. We are given very little resources to create a quality learning environment. Due to the lack of staff, there is zero consistency for children and families. Head office is very rude to staff and HR has made it very clear that we are nothing but bodies and don’t care about our well being.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PLASP Child Care Services. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement