PLASP Child Care Services
Happiness score is 84 out of 100
View all PLASP Child Care Services reviews

PLASP Child Care Services

PLASP Child Care Services Employee Review

Overall in the child care and early years sector in Peel region as an educator this is a good place to work. Positive things this job possess:-Job security (although pandemic has impacted that somewhat)-Lots of opportunity for growth organizationally -Wonderful people -Health and dental benefits -Paid sick time, vacation time (if your in child care centres)

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Same role

A good workplace but a lot of paper work

Other than too much paperwork everyday, everything else was great at Plasp. The hours you get are not a lot, it is basically a part time job with good pay. Almost 5 hours everyday, which kinda sucked because you whole day gets wasted when you go to the program for 2 hours in the morning and 3 hours in the afternoon.
Same role

Benefits are good, but to compensate the management issues.

Some staff are very passionate and the employees are some very hard working but overall at times it can be overwhelming. Not such a great experience with HR or area management. Hard to rely on superior staff as they may help you only on admin issues not interpersonal issues.You may get trained by staff that was not sure on how or what to do specifically. Admin staff is quite professional. Some can make mistakes or forget to do from management. You got to keep in contact with them as they rely on managers to send reports. Hard to work and handle issues. Unprofessional, not teamwork, work environment sometimes very disruptive. Personal life in between too much expected and too much pressure.

Pros

Free gifts coffee cards Benefits were good, but to compensate the management issues. Professional Trainings.

Cons

Long hours, long meetings, time management
Same location

Not what it used to be

When I began at this company, it was very family oriented and I felt supported by my superiors and given many opportunities to grow. Upper management has changed drastically in the last year and has created a stressful and toxic work environment. We are expected to be readily available from 7 in the morning to 6 pm while only getting paid part time hours. I’ve gotten many last minute calls to cover a different location and you are not allowed to say no. We are given very little resources to create a quality learning environment. Due to the lack of staff, there is zero consistency for children and families. Head office is very rude to staff and HR has made it very clear that we are nothing but bodies and don’t care about our well being.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PLASP Child Care Services. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare PLASP Child Care Services with

• PLASP Child Care Services
  • Some wonderful supportive educators work at this company! I will always remember that.