PLASP Child Care Services Employee Reviews

fun
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON26 July 2018
I love volunteering at PLASP, everyone in nice and kind. I have learned many things while working there like leadership skills, and time management skills, The hardest part of the job was filing, but I worked through it and got it done. what I love most about PLASP is everyone is nice and willing to help.
Pros
FREE snakes
Cons
nothing
Great working environment. Love being beside the lovely staff and kids.
PLASP Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON24 June 2018
I have been a PLASP vollunteer for the last 2 years. I was originally a PLASP kid myself and I enjoyed my experience so much, i decided to go back and do my part. I love going there and watching how the kids all scream my name because they are excited to see me and cant wait for me to play games with them. The environment is amazing, and although I am there to be a vollunteer and help the staff out as an extra hand, I still have just as much fun as a vollunteer than the kids do. I know a lot of highschool students are looking for vollunteering hours in order to graduate, and if that is the case right now then i truly recoomentd PLASP.
Pros
The staff provide the vollunteer with snacks.
Cons
Once you start your vollunteering for PLASP at the beginning of the school year, you must stay as a vollunteer until the end of the year.
Fun to work with the specialists
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON23 June 2018
The security and the safety of the children is top priority. Organization and services with the specialists and staff is exceptional in regards to how capable they are in their rolls in PLASP. My mindset is focused on the children to make sure they are properly taken care of in the services for positive feedback from the workers and the parents.
Good for experience but not a lifelong career
Program Supervisor, SAC (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON31 May 2018
PLASP is great if you’re young and looking for a career later on in life then PLASP is a good stepping stone and looks good on your placement. However I would not recommend staying with PLASP for the rest of your life. They’re constantly hiring people but ALWAYS short staffed. No sense of consistency whatsoever. Each school does things differently. Some are extremely strict and therefore the kids are bored and complain, other schools are a lot more fun and easy going. There is way too much policies and paper work and you end up spending more time stressing yourself with that rather than playing with the kids. Sitting down is frowned upon for whatever reason. They expect you to get supplies through the money they give you but it sums up to nothing and then it’s also frowned upon when you go out of your way and purchase or bring in your own materials. They pay you for the bare minimum. If you’re in a big program and have to prep snack, you’re there Atleast half an hour earlier and almost never get out at the time you’re done. On top of that, whether you’re an ECE or not, you’re required to attend redundant training sessions that are UNPAID. Monthly meetings that just waste everyone’s time with things that can be said in an email. There’s no room for advancement with this company and very little support, resources and appreciation for what we do.
Pros
Pay, benefits
Cons
Unpaid hours, unorganized
Workplace Harassment and discrimination
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON7 May 2018
I have never seen such a bad organization where employees are harassed and discriminated so much and people at top just ignore and treat them like anything they don't care. They don't care about anyone except for their salary. They feel like they are only made to be rich and no one else has a right to survive and live healthy and happy life. All the time they talk about how they can improve the life of children when they inside don't care about the life of employee. Its just like cleaning neighbours house before cleaning our own house.
Cons
Harassment, discrimination, lots of politics
Volunteer
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON11 April 2018
The PLASP program where I did my placement was not very organized. The students in the program had a lot of free time and not enough organized activities, children were often bored.
Pros
Accomodating to Volunteers' School schdeule
Cons
Not enough structured activities for the kids
Good for a part time position
Relief Special Needs Resource Staff (Former Employee) –  Peel, ON14 March 2018
It's good for a part-time job. There is not a lot of advancement in the company. The meetings are redundant and they do not compensate for it. The management is not diverse enough to cater to the employees meaning that there is a certain amount of women in charge but lack the diversity of the communities it serves. Which is very problematic and this is what makes the company take a linear path to modern day practices.
Easy-Going Environment
Placement Student (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 March 2018
I worked here as a volunteer so did not receive a salary. I enjoyed playing sports with the kids during outside time. Environment was easy-going and geared towards healthy living (activities and snacks).
Fun place to volunteer for
Kindergarten Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON6 March 2018
PLASP Child Care Services was a great place to volunteer at. The staff is very friendly, they have a entry meeting, they have rules and regulations and it is a lot of fun.
PLASP not what it is said to be.
Program Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON4 December 2017
The job is not they make it out to be. They expect staff to come in 30 min to hour early and not be compensated for it. They do not allow you to engage in art activities with the children. They do not allow you to sit for snack with the children and you feel like you are on egg shells. I was made to feel very uncomfortable and insecure. They do not pay well for non-profit company. They pay the same as a for profit company. YMCA pays $2 an hour more for same work and they actually let you engage fully with the children on all levels.
Cons
expected to volunteer extra hours, not allowed to engage with children
great
PROGRAM SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON9 November 2017
excellent workplace, competivie salay, great training sessions, great opportunities for growth and pomotion, great mangers, life changing experiences with children, very satisfying job
Afternoon program
Program Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 October 2017
A typical day would include taking attendance for all 15 kids you are responsible for. Bringing them to the washroom and ensuring everyone washed their hands. Then have the children serve themselves snack. After snack you engage the children in fun activities such as crafts and games, some children do homework during this time. Depending on the weather we bring them outside for about 30 minutes. By 6pm all children are gone and you mark them out accordingly.
Really great culture!
Early Childhood Educator (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON25 September 2017
PLASP is by far the best place that I have worked in my five years in the childcare field. I have the best co-workers and an even better area manager. I love the culture and that everyone is treated as equal. Most importantly, everyone is supportive of each other. PLASP really looks out for its staff so that we can give 100% to the families we serve.
Pros
Supportive Staff/Managers, lots of advancement and room for growth, Pay is good once trainings are completed
Cons
Trainings are unpaid and the lack of flexibility to get time off outside of school breaks
Working with children
Program Director (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON23 September 2017
Working with children balances my day.The children have lots of potential and seeing them fullfill their goals is the best part of my job. This opportunity has opened up other doors and makes me feel satisfied with life.
Pros
growth in the children
Cons
not enough hours
Great place to work.
Program Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON14 September 2017
Before and After school programs. Education and training for the staff. Company loves the employees. Meetings and training are paid. Great people to work with.
Productive and life learning in advancing education
Special Needs Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON11 September 2017
Supporting children with exceptionalities from the ages of two to twelve:
Worked 7:15am to 6pm
Provided individual educational plans
Provided help to staff and families
Provided basic sign language to children who are non-verbal
Followed rules and regulations of PLASP Childcare services
Provided picture communication books to children who are non-verbal
Pros
benefits, workshops, support from inclusion manager
fun workplace
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON10 September 2017
everyone was very friendly and just walking into the school would put a smile on your face with how happy everyone was always.
Everyone was so nice and they would always have a smile on their face, students would talk to their teachers and principals in the hallways just to say hey or go into the office to say hi.
such a friendly school.
Productive and fun work environment
Director (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON15 August 2017
Working before and after school programs offered flexible hours. The freedom to create events and activities for the children was the best part of the job! Although there was a lot of administrative work asked on by management, having the hours in between offered time to work on them. Overall it was a wonderful work experience!
Better for a Second Career
Director - SAK Program (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON29 July 2017
I would recommend waiting until you are ready to retire before you decide to work for PLASP or you have a family. It is not the company to work for when you are young and just starting out.
Program Director (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON9 July 2017
Plasp is a world class childcare provider for over 40 years now. They believe in life long learners and provide opportunities to continue growing. I spend my work time with children in a school setting providing before and after care. It is a fun environment but demands dedication and flexibility.
Pros
split shifts
Cons
not many hours paid.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PLASP Child Care Services. Our community is ready to answer.

PLASP Child Care Services Reviews by Location