Plantlife Canada

Canada11 reviews

Clear

Insights into Plantlife Canada

Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Energizing work tasks
  • Inclusive work environment

Empty promises and upper management has no idea what retail business is!

Very exciting place to be hired on too! Looks like so many opportunities and a wonderful family to join! WRONG! Empty promises, no guidance or accountability on upper management, blame everything on store level and have a high turn over....just like the bar industry! Sad to see such a potentially amazing company be a giant circle jerk of upper management who give zero f$@!s about their staff!

Pros

Discount on weed

Cons

Head office and everyone tied to it!

crash and burn

the company was awesome when I started in late 2019. I loved my store, coworkers, and managers. but my opinion of the company has entirelly changed after seeing all the shady things they've done to everyone from the floor staff to upper management. head office doesn't care about anyone but themselves. I was told when I first started they treated everyone like family but family doesn't do the things I've seen them do. don't waste your time here unless you're willing to be disappointed time and time again and have them take the sides of liars without proper HR investigations and deal with poor emotional intelligence from upper management that refer to themselves as a"neo-n*zi".

Pros

free joints from time to time

Cons

expected cult-like mindset for minimum wage

The other reviews are accurate. Stay away.

The employee turnover is VERY high. For good reasons. Read the other reviews.Poorly followed policies.Lots of gossip and drama.This company has little experience in retail and most systems are copied from the restaurant.Management was immature.Training is very poor. Hours are terrible. You mostly work shifts alone.Their systems are all google doc based and a huge mess.Read the other reviews before applying to this place.

Pros

Fake pros

Cons

Everything they offer you

Was a “full time assistant manager”

Don’t work here if you want to make any money. There is better dispensary’s who pay better and have knowledgeable management. Was told I was full time but got 12 hours a week and bad pay. Also upper management was more concerned with gossiping with each other than actually running a business.

Pros

You get to sell weed

Cons

Everything else about the company was a con

Carrot, then the stick

I worked for this company for, had to be eight months to a year. They use flashy words and tell you you're the only one for them, then as soon as the backdoor closes, so does any chances of them remembering who you were. The management is under-prepared, under-trained and in my experience, under-developed. As with any retail job, the best parts are the staff but between higher ups using a sickle on anyone they don't deem "professional" and management hiring their friends, there is no protection for you there. Besides, you get like minimum wage and they want the world from you, you're better than that.

Pros

People are nice to you for a while

Cons

Too many to count. Brick wall management, complete lack of empathy and concern, you're a number.

Ready for the Brewhouse Boys Club?

This job is a great start for bud tenders that want education. But do not expect to move up in this company very fast unless you have friends in upper management or have ties with brewhouse. They like to give empty promises and say the exact opposite of what they do. Their one biggest lie in the beliefs that they try to instill is "Take care of your buds" they DO NOT live by this at all. No issues ever get dealt with instead it gets pushed to the sidelines all the time for any issue. Don't expect to be compensated fairly either.

Pros

Other employees that aren't in upper management are wonderful people

Cons

Upper management has no idea what they are doing.

Horribly run company

This company is all about pumping up the perks of working for them. They tell you about all the discounts you get at not only plantlife, but also their other company, Canadian Brewhouse. They tell you about career advancement, and how the skies the limit. Unfortunately it's all a lie. Management is aggressive and rude. Communication is not there. There's a lot of gossip as well, which is not a healthy working environment. Overall, I would highly recommend looking for employment elsewhere.

Pros

Discounts

Cons

Management, unhealthy work environment

Awful Company

If you feel like going back in time to your high school days then by all means apply! Your dispensable to them unless you are part of the Canadian Brewhouse veterans. You get trained by people who don’t know what they’re doing and I’ve seen management full out yell at customers in the store in front of other customers. Extremely unprofessional and the pay is awful.

Pros

20% discount

Cons

Too many to name

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Plantlife Canada. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

1.5