Planet Organic Markets Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
some great people doing the work, detached management
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 January 2018
As the title says, I worked with some great people at my location. If you are interested in healthy lifestyle and sustainable agriculture you will find like-minded individuals.

The upper management however says all the right things about valuing employees, offering training, opportunity for advancement and competitive pay, but do not deliver. I was blatantly lied to by one exec numerous times and I was sabotaged by a new store manager who was looking to clean house.

If you are a hippy-type looking for short term or part-time it might be a good fit, but I cannot recommend it as a place to build a career.
Pros
great cowoorkers
Cons
dysfunctional and dishonest upper management
Not Good
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC14 December 2017
Well, where to begin? Head office acts like royalty, never giving their employees a chance to grow or have input. It is rather like a dictatorship. Next to zero communication. Very bizarre marketing strategies that just make both staff and customers uncomfortable. Policies which seem to be made up on the spot to suit whatever mood they are in. Really unprofessional and inappropriate behavior on all levels of management. The list goes on like the credits of a shoddy movie.
Pros
Breaks
Cons
Almost everything
Pleasant work environment with friendly staff
Beverage Server (Former Employee) –  Royal Oak, AB11 November 2017
Overall a good work experience. The managers were genuine and friendly, very easy to communicate with. They provided sufficient training and the pay was reasonable for the type of the work. It's a very positive work environment with nice people.
Pros
Friendly staff and management, discounts on food.
Cons
hours not super flexible depending what department you're in
A great place to work
Department Supervisor (Former Employee) –  all over canada7 September 2012
I learned alot about organic foods. Co-workers are great . Management is interesting.
Pros
the beifits and co workers
Cons
none to speak of