Planet Fitness Employee Reviews

Found 25 reviews matching the search See all 2,759 reviews
Good place to workout not a good place to work
Member Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Bowmanville, ON18 September 2018
At the Bowmanville location the manager is a toxic person and treats her staff bad she only cares about herself and she even yells at members when they prove her wrong. She is not a people person and shouldn't be the manager there. I left here shortly after she was hired because she made a fun and exciting workplace toxic.
Pros
Free membership
Cons
Manager
Fun workplace with members and staff
Front Desk (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON3 September 2018
I enjoyed working here because i got to meet a lot of new people, learn about fitness and help anyone in need. Dealing with customers both physically and financially.
Love Planet Fitness
Assistant manager (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK21 August 2018
The work environment is like family, close knit and hardworking. Lots of room for advancement and meeting tons of wonderful members that get to know you as well
Pros
Free membership for employees
stressless work place
Front Desk Associate (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK8 July 2018
very less stress work place, lots of cleaning, sign ups, no incentives , learnt a bit about banking, helpful staff.
The only thing I hate is that they pay the base pay
Fun place to work, added bonus is a free gym membership
Front Desk Agent(overnight) (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC4 July 2018
Was a fun place to work, my hours always stayed the same and never went down...
Downside was working overnights and it took a toll on me..
You kinda feel like all you do is eat work sleep and repeat..
I'm glad I gave it a try though.. I know realize I'm probably not meant for that kinda work,
But its a great
Planet Sh*tness
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK27 May 2018
I found my time at this place miserable. A glorified "cleaning position" where you were expected to clean 70 percent of the time on shift.

Management was brutal and only cared about memberships sold. He had poor people skills and was very "aloof"

There was a lot of employee drama, where employees would talk behind each others back, and then put on that fake smile.

Upper management didn't care about the employees, just looked at club numbers.

The only plus side was the members, who I enjoyed interacting with on a daily basis.

If your management (assistant or manager) salary is fairly competitive and this is the only reason I stuck around.

If your not management your working for minimum wage. (How can someone survive on minimum wage nowadays?)

I would stay away from Planet Sh*tness
Pros
free gym membership
Cons
Too many to mention
Always changing, lots of cleaning, not good enough pay. Horrible training
Front desk associate (Former Employee) –  British Columbia14 March 2018
Managers side with employees they have befriended
Lack of training leaves lots of room for error
Cleaning 24/7 for minimum
Only get a lunch break
Pros
Free membership
Cons
No 15min breaks, lots of drama, mostly women working, not enough training
Low pay for hard Labor
Trainer (Former Employee) –  Canada12 February 2018
Trainers get less than 40 hours a week. (Doesn't feel like full time) You pretty much get the same amount as front desk workers. You only get a 30 mins break a day during specific times whether you're hungry or not because you have classes. Front desk workers get 1h break. Sometimes you start your shift early 6ams and sometimes you start in the afternoon, which can really mess up your sleeping habits. 1 trainer with thousands of 1st time gym users. You can only give them general fitness instead of making it more personal. In result, causing members to not be please with your service. This is more of a group class instructor position than personal training.
$13/h when I worked there.
When I got my Certificate my instructor told me you should not be getting less than $20 for personal training in general. Keep in mind, you pay to get certified($300-500), why settle for this? You are LIMITING your ABILITY.
Keep it mind the company pays you not the members.
Pros
Off on weekends but early 6am monday morning
Cons
Under Payed
Productive Clean, friendly environment
Front Desk/ Customer Service (Former Employee) –  North York, ON25 January 2018
Working here was a blast! Enjoyable, and a overall amazing learning experience.Got to work in a fun, amazing,exciting work space with great people and great managers.
Cons
constant shift changing. reduction of hours
fun student job
Front Desk Member Services (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 January 2018
great job for a student. Members are great and staff are even more great. The job is straight forward and training is given to make sure there are no mistakes.
Pros
paid break
Cons
must stand
Don't work here unless you're desperate
Front Desk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 November 2017
- Lots of cleaning (literally scrubbing equipment, cleaning washrooms etc.)
- On your feet 8 hours.
- Interacting with members, usually regulars.
- Constantly ensuring the gym is tidy.
Pros
Free gym membership
Cons
Cleaning (hire a cleaner), pay (not enough for the cleaning required), lack of training, no room for advancement, poor communication from management, biased scheduling
great place wold love more hours
Janitor (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON20 October 2017
I really enjoy working at Planet Fitness, I would more like to work more hours though. The staff team is great, very friendly, I have a good manager who is flexible and supportive.
Pros
great team, supportive team and management, flexible, free membership, opportunity to meet new people, team focused
Cons
pay, shift work, not enough available hours
General Manager (Current Employee) –  North Scarborough20 July 2017
A typical day at work is making sure the members are taken care of and that we provide the best customer service. The hardest part of the job would be dealing with irate members. The best part of the job is having a set schedule as well as seeing members reach their fitness goals
day to day
overnight receptionist (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON6 July 2017
dealing with the public is not always smooth sailing, but i enjoy it a lot. Especially when i have to fix a members problem, i get excited . I love this environment , so happy with my team mates as well.
Fun workplace
Member Representative (Former Employee) –  Carlisle, PA29 May 2017
Overall a fun place to work. It's pretty easy for the most part. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with so many different people everyday.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Standing the entire shift
Productive and Judgement free atmosphere
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON21 April 2017
The job is very good along with the management has build a strong staff team, since being here I have learned about general fitness and received my CPR licensee.
Pros
Free Gym Membership
Cons
Gym Enveriment
fun work place
Front Desk Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON3 April 2017
Planet fitness was a great place to work but like every work place it had it ups and downs, full time employees were promised benefits after our 3 months but we never received them, and higher managment made it very difficult to get them, but over all i loved the ppl i worked with and had the privilege of making really good friends in the process.
Pros
good staff
Cons
no benefits even when promised
Excellent Place of Work
Front Counter Staff (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON29 January 2017
Co-wokers were always great to work with. Members of the gym where always nice to the workers. Long hours. Cleaning was a major part of the job. Great place to work with great pay.
Easy going, non stressful job
Fitness Instructor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 November 2016
Fast advancement as the company grows in Canada. Fun place to work if you enjoy the field . All staff is generally young and friendly. It's a really good starting job in the customer service field or fitness industry
Pros
Paid lunches
Cons
Odd hours
enjoyable work environment
Member Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 September 2016
It's a great experience working with fun and energetic people. Friendly management, good environment, and it is a great first job to have. It has good community involvement.