Planet Fitness

Planet Fitness Employee Reviews

Understaffed, a lot of modules to complete but very little training outside of that. Job posting says paid well but the most you can make is $15.50. You start at $14.50. Constantly have to work odd hours. Management is unprofessional.
Planet Fitness as a company is a really bad company, They do not care about the employees. They switch EVERYTHING everyday, everyday theirs something new learn. If you do not learn it then you are failing. Planet Fitness is an American company, they have 4 clubs they deal with in Canada and we do not get anything good here. They have been promising us benefits for 2 years now claiming that they reached out and no one got back to them....sure. Planet Fitness Garden City its self is amazing because of management but the higher-ups are THE WORST. They actually have no idea how to run a company and are very unorganized. Also do not apply if you hate cleaning because that's all you do. Not only that they're always watching you on camera.. every move. If you answer the phone incorrectly when corporate calls "Phone shops" That gets recorded and sent to all Planet fitness clubs. Sometimes they change the phone script and call right after changing it so if you fail they don't care. Also if you fail no one gets a bonus because of you.
Pros
The team and managment
Cons
Everyone who runs the company from the States
There’s very little direction. Company cares more about money than members or employees. Burn out is very real given the monotony of the job. You can almost dictate how the day will go before even getting to your shift. It’s a decent place to break into the work force. But there’s no promotions in sight. The most you will get is 50 cents for your trouble. Members are usually very nice. But there are a few that are rude and demanding. It makes the day very long. Dress code is ridiculous. You’re told to wear dress pants with running shoes and a cotton T-shirt or sweater. Wearing active clothing to work at the gym is prohibited. Sitting for any length of time while not on break is prohibited. You’re forced to seem laid back and relaxed but really you’re just bored out of your mind most of the time. Especially now with the pandemic. Team work is none existent. Management refuses to deal with problem employees and just punish everyone as a whole. You’re expected to pick up after those that do nothing instead of management addressing that something wasn’t done. It creates a hostile and toxic environment which leaves employees frustrated with each other and stressed out. This is not a place for the faint of heart or the easily upset. Planet fitness is neither judgement free nor caring. They are money hungry and toxic.
Pros
Generally consistent shifts, relatively easy
Cons
Boring, toxic, dead end
Not even a gym, members pay to be in a room filled with equipment and get harassed by employees. Paid to harass members about the most obsurd things. Uts a gym, people are going to be loud. That what happend in a gym.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Drama all over in the workplace between workers
Basically you clean the sections assigned to you throughout the day and making sure you clean it properly. Management does not know how to handle employees issues very well. They are unprofessional, rude, talkshit to their employees behind their back when they could have talk to their employees to resolve the issues. They do not own up their mistakes. They make rules but they're the ones who broke those rules too and abusing the power they have as much as they would like. Most of the management's mistakes doesn't have consequences when a regular employee make mistakes, you could get written up or possibly firing you without any appropriate warning or steps to improve the employee or resolved the issue of the employee. A lot of cover up between Management and Regional Manager if you bring up the issue with HR, so I think HR does not have any clue at all what was happening at least in my location but don't know if the same thing is happening to other locations which hopefully not. You don't get support to Manager or Assistant Managers because often times when you try talking to them about anything, they will take it in a wrong way as if you're offending them or something, so it is hard to confront the management with anything. There are times that they're being bossy, rude, unprofessional towards to their co-workers. They could say to you that "you did a good job today and then next thing you know you"re fired. There are great employees who love working with you and the is the only positive thing I could think of. To be honest! Overall it is "meh" job because of how the management - more...
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Unprofessional and bad characters of the Management.
If you have the chance to work at the gym, take it. Super down to earth co workers all with relatively the same interests. I never wanted to leave work. Felt motivated everyday, environment was great and management was very understanding.
Pros
Free gym membership, positive environment
Cons
Not flexible with work hours
The manger refused to listen when I said several times I was unavailable to work weekends due to my other job and continued to schedule me then, despite saying I was still unable to take those shifts, and then calling in 10 hours prior, would write me up. Kept the building freezing cold, and would write me up for wearing sweater under my uniform but allowed other employees to do it. She is very unprofessional, rude and takes her personal problems out on staff. After a few weeks of this, she banned me from signing up as a member when I had no choice but to quit because of her inability to schedule me according to my availability. I do not recommend working here unless you want your entire life to revolve around a poorly managed, minimum wage position.
Pros
None.
Cons
Management, wage, work-life balance
Hence the front desk job starts with the cleaning cleaning cleanig and doing nose browning.The staff is rude especially the SHIFT LEADER, they being bossy and tell to do more even though they themselves wont work and just stare at tablets.( Ps. None of them are fit but 2X more obese)On shift one day you get the thank you from the CEO for good work next day you get TERMINATED, with out cause.When asked the explanation for the termination then no reply, removed from the work group.Much more happens there if you wanna give a try be sure to give an interview.
Pros
Cons
Rude, Bossy, never helpful but annoying, etc
The team became a family fast. Management was great with working around your availability and the atmosphere was welcoming and comfortable. I loved getting to know regular members, there were people who I would go in on my day off just to see.
Pros
Members, free membership, good hours, decent pay
Cons
Occasional gossip
Manager is not great at the job, lots of drama all the time. Feels like you’re in high school. Very short staffed and hard to get the time off you need. You are constantly cleaning. If you don’t like that, the job is not for you. Some great moments here but this job is a drag some days.
Workplace is good. It's a fun and friendly environment to work at. Overall pretty easy to pick up on most tasks. Management friendly, members are great.
we clean every single inch of the gym so if you hate cleaning you will hate this job. If they paid us more it would be worth staying. You clean for most of your shifts
Pros
easy and flexible
Cons
the pay isnt that great for the work we fo
It was a really good place to work at in the beginning, I really enjoyed working there as we meet so many new people everyday, so a good way to increase your network.
Working there had many benefits, such as learning to work with team members, greeting new members, and having access to all gyms across the globe. I recommend this job.
Everyone I worked with was great but some of the members can be rude and there’s no raises no matter how long you’ve worked there. However I really enjoyed the atmosphere
Wasn't provided PPE and required medical attention. Manager's physically, verbally and emotionally abused me. Did not get paid enough for dealing with abuse from members and staff. Very dirty gym with broken machines and lack of proper equipment.
PF is good for a mindless cleaning and customer service job. You are often stretched too thin with multitasking. It’s very easy to learn the position, but requires A LOT of energy as you’re constantly cleaning.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Pay, management, lack of schedule flexibility
Basic job but requires a lot of cleaning. Management is too easy going they want to be everyone’s friend resulting in the employees slacking off. They expect you do go above and beyond for a company and team that could care less if you drop dead the next day. If you’re looking for a beginners job I would say this is it. There’s no room to rise in the company unless you’re already management, other than that you’re just a number
Alot of issues. Management is a joke. No one knows how to run it. DM is not smart. Has no clue what he's doing. Very bad place to work. Fire people for very little reason. Gets rid of good workers for nothing and allows not good workers a million chances to stay.
Planet fitness, is a building experience into the daily work life; which revolves around building and enhancing your customer service representative skill and enhancing your customer support skills.
Such a laid back environment with plenty of equipment to work out on. There is also a spa area as well to relax in once you are done your workout! Such a great place to achieve your goals without any pressure, in a clean, bright, inviting place.
  1. Employee reviews