Planet Fitness
Coronavirus update
Information from Planet Fitness:

Planet Fitness Employee Reviews

Canada67 reviews
Fun place to work. Meeting a variety of people and watching them achieve their goals in a non judgemental environment is great!
Such a laid back environment with plenty of equipment to work out on. There is also a spa area as well to relax in once you are done your workout! Such a great place to achieve your goals without any pressure, in a clean, bright, inviting place.
Unprofessional
Wasn't provided PPE and required medical attention. Manager's physically, verbally and emotionally abused me. Did not get paid enough for dealing with abuse from members and staff. Very dirty gym with broken machines and lack of proper equipment.
Mindless job
PF is good for a mindless cleaning and customer service job. You are often stretched too thin with multitasking. It’s very easy to learn the position, but requires A LOT of energy as you’re constantly cleaning.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Pay, management, lack of schedule flexibility
Mediocre
Basic job but requires a lot of cleaning. Management is too easy going they want to be everyone’s friend resulting in the employees slacking off. They expect you do go above and beyond for a company and team that could care less if you drop dead the next day. If you’re looking for a beginners job I would say this is it. There’s no room to rise in the company unless you’re already management, other than that you’re just a number
No comment
Alot of issues. Management is a joke. No one knows how to run it. DM is not smart. Has no clue what he's doing. Very bad place to work. Fire people for very little reason. Gets rid of good workers for nothing and allows not good workers a million chances to stay.
N/a
Planet fitness, is a building experience into the daily work life; which revolves around building and enhancing your customer service representative skill and enhancing your customer support skills.
Poor management
By the end of my time at Planet fitness I dreaded every second being there. No recognition, little to no incentives, management expects you to go above and beyond while they sit there and twiddle their thumbs. The MSR position is wrongfully titled and should be renamed "custodian - who can answer a phone".

Your franchisee will micro manage to a point where your managers actually have no say in anything that happens in the club. They can't even order toilet paper with out getting approval. That means if they run out on a Friday and don't get approved until the Monday the club will have no toilet paper for about a week.

Many managers that I have met lack the proper leadership and social skills to run a club. There is an alarmingly high turn over rate for staff.

If you're fragile, this is not the job for you. Members will begin to feel comfortable around you and harass you. Wether it be commenting on how you look, touching you with out consent, making racist comments and taking photos of you while you're bent over.
Pros
Free membership
Cons
Slow, Poor management
Poor management
Managed poorly & the upper management does not care for staff concerns at club level, & staff at club are underpaid for the amount of work they are expected to do within a day
It pays the bills
Seriously. It pays the bills.... the minor ones at least. The only true upside to this place is that they're honestly so understanding of school and life schedules. As long as you do your job, they will give you a schedule that works around your needs.
Also, the easiest customer service job ever. And I've been in the field for a millennium.
An awesome work environment that teaches you self discipline.
Working at Planet Fitness has been, so far, the most rewarding job that I have ever had. During my time there, I was able to gain confidence to work out, both mentally and physically, something that I was too insecure and scared to do prior to working there. I also learned self discipline, and I am grateful for the time that I was given to work there :)
staff are great to work with, management leaves a lot to be desired.
go in scan members in, greet them, members and other staff are the best part of this job. there is some cleaning weekly of the equipment. most gyms are kept in great shape. ours is always praised by members for how clean it is. hardest part of the job is putting up with the fickle attitude of management and scheduling.
Planet fitness in Pembroke is a great place to work.
I have been fortunate enough to have been at the Pembroke PF location since it opened. I have a lot of job experience and realize that all jobs have positive and negative aspect to them. I choose to focus on the positive. You are given a comfortable uniform, a free membership and full time staff get benefits. I received a bonus on my one year anniversary. The environment is upbeat and fun! You will give tours of the club and talk to the members. Expect to do a good bit of cleaning and standing.
Fitness Trainer
Planet fitness; was a good place to work, I had fun teaching the classes and the members beautiful people they just kept coming for class and from different part of the GTA, they really enjoy the class and the one on one coaching , a good tounch to the program, The gym facility is good the equipment always clean, the coast to joining the gym is great not out of reach for any one. It's an awesome place workout/play and to work..The manger at that location a little bit edge,and needed a bit more of people personal skill trainer,
Chill environment great experience in customer service.
Great experience met a lot of new faces good way to work on people skills and customer service. Also able to increase my knowledge on health care and safety.
Pros
Got CPR certified
Cons
Very short hours
Easy going job
As a fitness instructor, working at planet fitness will help you develop skills in both individual and group training. Not only do you do training but also membership and sales.
Good
Great company, works really well with school and other life commitments. Most of the staff get along great and the job isn't too demanding. Could have better pay options for employees who have been there longer.
Not worth minimum wage
If you are a hard worker this is not the place; you will feel easily burnt out and not appreciated. The members are friendly if you enjoy meeting and interacting with new people. However, the workload is unnecessary and not weighted fairly for minimum wage.
Pros
free membership
Cons
long hours, work load, expectations
Used to be a great place to work
When I first started working here it was amazing. Great staff. Then the new manager started and it went right down hill. Five staff members quit in the first 48 hours. She brought all her staff from the last place she managed. Our trainer she hired had no clue about fitness. She would purposely make things difficult for people she no longer wanted working there so that they would quit. The last straw was when she fired the assistant manager for sticking up for a pregnant staff member she had been harassing. Majority of the original staff has now left due to port management and head office not doing anything about it.
Pros
Great customers
Cons
Poor management!!!!
Work and life
Staff is good. manager is amazing. lots of clients you can practice more once you get hang of the schedule.

cons: salary

pros: not toxic environment, Staff is cool
Awful
Worked at planet fitness for over a year (which believe it or not is an extensive career at that company) as full time overnights. Management was disgusting- treated employees awfully-writing them up for no reason- making them cry. Forced to clean your entire shift when you’re hired as a customer service rep? Such a joke. Had no support from management or corporate. Just awful.
Pros
Free membership.
Cons
Management, no support from corporate, over worked underpaid, no premium for working overnights. The list goes on.
needs a lot of work
this is a great place to work if you are not intending on staying long, The job is good but head offices cleaning expectations are ridiculous. staff also do not get paid what they should for the amount of work that they do and the management just pawn off their own duties on the minimum wage staff. I don't recommend working at this place if youre more than a college student who really doesnt card about the pay or hours.