Plan International Canada

Plan International Canada Employee Reviews

Canada46 reviews
A nice place to start if you want to advance in your field. You do get to advance in your role if you play the corporate game (but it's like that pretty much anywhere). It ultimately really depends on your role.

FYI: men/women ratio is about 5/95 percent so expect lots of gossip, very feminist environment.
This place was really great I just didn't feel right making what I was making working for a charity stupid reason to leave right? Well I did... oops. right
Pros
Job culture, advancement opportunities, salary, coworkers were great
Cons
One of the employees was kind of stuck-up
I loved working here because of the reward of putting girls into school. HOWEVER, there are no benefits, the management team straight up said that the rep's opinions don't matter so be prepared to be treated like nothing. I have woken up every morning feeling sick with how stressed I am. If you want to be ignored, treated like garbage, and forced to work in the cold and wet, go for it
Pros
girls get into school
Cons
everything else
Usually scheduled for long hours in multiple locations with minimum compensation and no benefits. only intrinsically motivated by the fact that you are making a impact on a community that needs the help the most.
Pros
Help a child in need
Cons
Long hours, little pay, no benefits, no room for growth.
This job was what it was but the company and staff were exceptional passionate people. It was a great pleasure working out of this office and there were clear opportunities for advancement.
Pros
Great job
Cons
Repetitive position
High performing teams, a matrix work environment, and flexible hours. Work pressure is high, at times one has to work beyond the working hours, and long-distance travels, as the organization has an international footprint in Africa, Asia, the Middle East, and Latin America.
The first 3 days were paid afterwards the pay structure frankly didnt make sense. In order to make a normal wage youd have to get lucky or be agressive with the sales tactic
Pros
Nice coworkers
Cons
Very low pay
to work for humanity is something could give you a great feeling.
it was a big honor to get experience from this place friendly environment and nice people work there.
It's not easy to do fundraising but the job is meaningful and you get to meet a lot of people to improve your social skill. Everybody is friendly and willing to help.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Plan International Canada?
This place is absolutely awful! The management is terrible and it's very corporate for a non-profit. Furthermore - the salary is low - even for the non-profit sector. I highly recommend staying away.
Pros
Cons
Low Salary, Poor management
working as an independent contractor under Plan International was full of fun times and many experiences but it was unfortunately very unstable.
Pros
Good co-workers
Cons
instability
Great company to work for, they are so friendly and cooperative
Great mangers and colleges to work with
Worked as a retail fundraiser, and really enjoyed the experience as a whole. The pay was good for an entry-level position ($17/hour when minimum wage was around $12/hour), and the shifts were very manageable, about six hours each, with lots of flexible scheduling.

Management was wonderful for our team, though team leads can vary greatly. We had targets for clients (ie. a certain number of people were day that we aimed to sign-on as donours), that were relatively high, meaning we often did not meet them, but management was very understanding. It was a supportive work culture, and I’m still friends with people I met there.

Plan’s mission is probably one of the most key elements, and it is absolutely crucial to be passionate about sustainable development in order to work here. At times it’s difficult, because you feel like an annoying canvasser/pushy salesperson, but stepping back and recognizing the overall vision helps.

Moving up is definitely possible, and Plan also offered travel opportunities throughout Canada.
Pros
Good pay, helpful managers, positive work environment, sense of satisfaction for helping others
Cons
Lots of standing, easy to get burnt out from so many interactions, people view you as pushy and treat you rudely
Lots to learn and from experienced professionals. Have had the opportunity to work with many different systems and have discovered efficiencies and inefficiencies with the assistance of external stakeholders and an excellent IT team.
Lots of good being done but so many changes it can make you feel insecure about your job. Work life balance only possible sometimes but everyone is focused on doing the best for the children they are working so hard to help. Benefits and vacation not the best. Sick days good.
Plan had a very interactive and approachable work environment. It was an organization that took pride in the development of their workers. Plan taught me how to be more confident in myself, and how to come out of my shell.
Pros
very fulfilling
Cons
low budget
Occasionally we had free lunch i.e Pizza and pop or team pot lucks dress code was business casual we got to wear jeans this was great and very laid back relaxed place
Pros
Dress Code
Cons
I enjoyed volunteer with Plan Canada because the environment was very welcoming and the people are nice. They are very understanding with volunteers and their schedule. They seem to care in the work they do.
mentally exhausting. good company. great management. worked in a booth inside shopping centres. talking to shoppers about the importance of the work in third world countries.
The team dynamics is pretty great! What's great about working directly for an organization is that they value you as a person. I found management was always good and fair towards me. Fundraising isn't for everyone but if you're for the cause and you're able to be engaging, getting sponsorship's isn't difficult.
A very nice work environment. co workers are friendly and the job is really productive. It's like bringing a change in the world and getting paid as well.