Plan A Long Term Care Staffing and Recruitment
Happiness score is 77 out of 100

Plan A Long Term Care Staffing and Recruitment Employee Reviews for Support Worker

Support Worker45 reviews
Canada45 reviews

planshiftschedulechoosepickagencyavailflexibility

Great supportive staff

In office staff are very friendly, helpful and professional. The company appreciates and recognizes employees for their hardwork and dedication. Health benefits are available if you work a minimum 28 hrs/week. Overall a great employer.

Pros

Flexible work schedule, health benefits

This was my first ever PSW job and my first time working with an agency. Plan A was very informative and made sure I had the proper orientation to do this job. The hours are great and the pay is very good! I currently have a line and I am able to also pick up shifts outside of this line. Management is available 24/7 for any questions or concerns as they are just a phone call away. I'm happy to be working for this company.

Insights into Plan A Long Term Care Staffing and Recruitment

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Time and location flexibility

Lots of flexibility

I like that I have the opportunity to work in multiple homes! I like that I have the options of not feeling “ stuck “ at one home and I like that I can talk to my bosses about all my concerns!

Pros

Flexible schedules

Cons

Being moved around to various locations

Love the no pressure to take extra shifts

Plan A has been an amazing experience to be part of! Management has been super friendly, very informative and genuinely caring! I have never felt pressure to take a shift I didn't want to or couldn't take. Compensation for travelling to jobs away from home is very competitive, and definitely makes it worth the drive.

Pros

Travel, new homes, new people

Cons

No benefit package

Great job

Excellent to work for Ability to work at multiple locations Rewarding job with job perks Management are helpful and respond quickly to concerns Enjoy the job

Great flexibility

Plan A is a wonderful agency to work for, the management is very kind and they help motivate and encourage their staff to have a better day. Being able to pick up shifts and build your own schedule is great, especially when you are a student. It is great to have the flexibility to schedule your shifts on your own availability. They have work at a variety of different long-term care and retirement homes which is great.

Pros

Flexible scheduling

Cons

Not a good company to work for

If you’re looking for casual hours some extra money this is the job for you. Honestly my experience working for this company was not a good one. They do have their favourites employees, And their favourite employees do you get the first pick of shifts. And something they don’t tell you about is at any given time if the company you’re filling in for feels like they do not want to use an agency employee or they fill it internally the shift is automatically taken off. The company does not stick up for the employee very one-sided. But like I said if you really want to make some good money and pick up a few shifts here and there this is the company for you

Good place

I've worked here for about a year and is a great place to start if you're a single parent. Management here in sudbury are wonderful and will work with you under most cases.

Flexible scheduling and decent pay

It's a great job for students or as a second job, since it can be as casual as you want it to be. A bit slow to get started but once you are in, management takes good care of you.

Stressful & rushed

For new hires plz be prepared for stressful and rushed work environment. Be sure to read your contract in full too as you may not be eligible for some of the reported perks. There are other more established agencies available for health care professionals that can treat you better.

Pros

Experience?

Cons

Gossipy, miscommunication

WONDERFUL agency to work for

I work as a PSW with Plan A and I can’t say enough things about them! They are a wonderful company to work with, I enjoy every shift I do. They are accommodating, quick at responding and nothing less than amazing!

Pros

Lots of hours usually, your own schedule and there’s incentives

Cons

No guarantee on hours

Productivity never encouraged no matter how you put in all your efforts in this organization it is never recognized.

Plan A is an agency company they are more interested in what they want to make from using you as an agency staff and more concern about their own interest your interest does not matter to them, so no matter how much strength and effort you put in it is never recognized and encouraged.

Hostile work environment, poor management, no advocacy

Management does not advocate for you when life happens. They make you feel guilty instead. The assigned LTC is a hostile environment of workers & it is easy for management to oversee what’s truly happening to their employees. Work is fast paced & once the regular employees at the LTC you work at okie that you’re working for Plan A, they give you all the work & they don’t do anything bec of the reason that I get a little bit more than them. So it’ll turn out that they give you all the dirty and heavy work. Regulars usually talk about you behind your back & there is no sense of teamwork or professional communication. They won’t pay you right for a sick day.

You make your own schedule pay is fair.

I am happy working for planA. They are a fast paced company. Also provide health benefits for both Pt and Ft as long as you work the the hrs that are required.

Excellent Supportive company

Plan A is an amazing company to work for. Not only do they provide competitive compensation, they are always willing to speak with you and support your needs. They are very community minded, provide their employees opportunities to give back through Christmas gift programs like adopt a senior. Plan A office staff regularly check in with you to see how the placements are working out and listen to your concerns.I would highly recommend Plan A to any health care professional looking for more flexibility & work life balance.

Not a good place to work

Management takes advantage of personal Support Workers and in general employees, as we know in healthcare we are just a number, you will be home waiting and waiting for work, Bills and life doesn't wait on anything..... In general this company made me realized I was in the wrong field of work, I am way happier now.

Management Cares About Staff

This is by far one of the best places to work in Healthcare. Managers are constantly checking in and are very supportive of staff. You have a lot of freedom over your schedule. Wages were great 5 years ago, but as LTC homes have increased their wages, Plan A has not increased there wages since it opened to match cost of living increases. They do offer benefits now which is a bonus.

Pros

Supportive Managers Self Scheduling Decent Wages Benefits

Cons

No potential for wage increases No sick pay No paid vacation No RRSP options

Communication is good with agency, pretty quick responses.

Depend on location, you could pick up as many shifts as you want. With current Covid situation you are basically restricted to only one facility. But agency can help you to assign to facility depend on your desired hours - full time, part time etc.

Pros

Choose your own schedule

Cons

It's not the highest paying agency anymore, like a year ago

Great place to work!! Come join the A Team

Staff are friendly, Helpful and very welcoming. Management are easy going, Friendly and accommodating. Your shifts will go fast because there is always something to do.

Pros

Lots of work, Friendly environment, Easy to pick up shifts.

One of the best companies I’ve ever worked for

Plan A has been nothing but amazing to work for. From the very start, the recruiter was so nice and approachable, the interview was very laid back and not stressful at all. The work-life balance that is pushed for their staff is amazing. Being able to pick your own schedule based on your own needs is great - you can work as much or as little as you need. The pay is very fair and travel expenses are paid for by the company. You cannot go wrong working for Plan A

Pros

Mileage pay

Great staff

The company is amazing so accommodating and so friendly by far best place i have worked from the interview to working you feel so accepted more like family then a business

Pros

Make your own schedule

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Plan A Long Term Care Staffing and Recruitment. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement