Plan A Long Term Care Staffing and Recruitment
Happiness score is 77 out of 100

Plan A Long Term Care Staffing and Recruitment Employee Reviews for Registered Nurse

Registered Nurse23 reviews
Canada23 reviews

planshiftschedulechoosepickagencyavailflexibility

The management is great!

Their screening process is meticulous which helps find and really hire qualified professionals. You will never feel alone and an outcast with this company. They also set up orientations to help you prepare for your job before starting. There is always a manager on call whenever you needed one. I would definitely recommend this company to my colleagues.

Great work life balance

Able to pick up shifts that suit my schedule, having young children makes it easier to plan my schedules. The staff at Plan A are amazing, so helpful and understanding.

Insights into Plan A Long Term Care Staffing and Recruitment

What people like
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Time and location flexibility

24hr phone support

They have somebody always ready to help/support you when needed no matter what time of the day. They also offer travel nursing which I have really enjoyed. Great agency to work with in my experience.

Pros

good wage, choose your own schedule

Cons

may not get enough shifts sometimes

Productive, wothful job

Highly recommended this agency. pay rate is competitive, 24/7 support service but would like to have more than one orientation. never pushed for shifts, easy to pick shifts.

Pros

pay, support

Cons

orientation support

Do not apply

Zero guarantee of shifts. You’ll receive 1 training shift and be expexted to enter any ltc homes with very little support and help. A lot of upfront cost that is NOT covered by the company (10 hrs of in office training, bi annual police check, cpr)No pension plan, zero job security. Very limited shifts available. Training shifts are paid at a reduced wage.

Flexible workplace that encourages success!

A truly wonderful company to work for! Contact with management is simple and they are so reliable and always looking to help you get the most out of your employment. This job allows you to work in many facilities if that’s something that appeals to you, or, they help you find shifts at one or two homes that you’re comfortable in. Plan A fosters an inclusive and supportive environment that makes you feel supported through all of the new opportunities they grant.

Organized Company

Very organized and care about how your orientations go, if you are getting enough hours, find homes with your availability and preference as best as possible. Friendly management. The schedule can be more predictable then someone may think, filling in for a full time position for 3 months for example.

Pros

Fair pay. Caring team.

Cons

Unpredictable schedule and hours

stressful environment

difficult to work in LTC during COVID pandemic. lack of support for additional training. stressful and high risk of losing nursing license. more demands then time allowed to complete necessary task

Good support, salary is not competitive to other agencies

plan A is the most reliable agency however does not offer competitive wages compared to other agencies. I have worked for plan A for over two years and they have been amazing however head office is not keeping up with the other agencies that have started since the pandemic started.

Pros

Flexible hours, good support team

Cons

Low pay for agency work

Good management & work life balance

With Plan A you are able to make your own schedule and communicate via text/email to management which is really nice, and they are always quick to respond to questions! (And the pay is also great!)

Overall, plan A halton is a good place to work

I never worked for a nursing agency before, so I didn't know what to expect. Managers/owners contacted me for an interview within a few days after I submitted my resume online. The interview was via zoom due to the pandemic. Once you get hired, you will have the company handbook which is basically the policy and procedures, and you need to download the app where they will assign you the shifts after you provide your availability. You also have on-site training/orientation at the facility where you agree to work. Every step was very clear which made me feel that I was part of a very professional organization. I highly recommend this agency.

Pros

They work around your schedule, no pushing for overtime, always has managers on call 7/24, no confusion, managers are very kind and easy to approach for your concerns

Good place

Scheduling is good, and you can earn extra income if you want additional shifts. HR is good when you ask for certificate of employment, they ask you if you want the shift or not before assigning it to you

Pros

Wage

Cons

New environment every time

Great company to work for

Management are very approachable and they do not pressure you into taking an assignment. They respond promptly to all emails and are very respectful and courteous.

Pros

Set your own schedule

Cons

No insurance benefits

Plan A is the best company by far in so many ways!!!

Plan A to me has been the best company to work for by far. The team is competent, friendly and very accommodating. For my home life this place works the best. You never feel pressured from them and they always respect their staff needs first. Join the Plan A team and you will never want to go back!!!

Pros

Plan A lives up to its promises and goes out of the way to help you.

Cons

No cons for me

Don't waste time applying

Joined this company more than year ago and have not worked once. Anytime I have inquired when job will be available I was told "hang on tight"? Or that the region doesn't allow for RN's to be given any shifts as they "don't need RNs at this time". No communication at all from management. You must use app to book shift which was then blocked for me for no reason. You have to also pay for the app which was not discussed at all. The Mississauga PLan A switched management and no communication regarding to this. The sad thing is that you have to complete lot of documents and paperwork on your own with no pay or orientation. No respect for hired RNs and rather hiring new staff instead offering job to staff hired. Too much hassle to be hired with no jobs. They vet you as if you were to work for the Queen and then no jobs?Don't waste your time with this company PLAN A Mississauga or Halton!

Pros

Cons

NO respect for hired staff, no jobs and no communication

Official response from Plan A Long Term Care Staffing and Recruitment

5 May 2021
Hello, we offer casual, supplemental employment based on the needs of our partnered facilities. We value our employees and do not charge them to use our scheduling software.

Needs better cooperation

Management team has no heart all they care about is what’s good for them don’t consider their employees at all would not recommend Working for this company

Excellent company

Excellent companies to work for,flexible work schedules. Very pleasant employers. Easy schedule and shift pick up. Would recommended this companies for employment to all

Very busy and fast pace with lots of experience

Busy day from start to end. Very helpful co-workers. Hardest part of the job is during morning care since you have to prepare all patient medications and set them up for breakfast. At the end of the day its fun since you gain lots of experience

Plan A

Plan A is a wonderful welcoming community of healthcare professionals. I highly recommend Plan A to anyone looking for a flexible job or as supplementary Income

Flexible Scheduling and Technology advanced company!

Super friendly staff and supportive management that have made the experience of starting with Plan A very enjoyable. Lots of supports in place and friendly office staff that are collaborative with staff to get started working as soon as possible.

Best Job Ever! Love the flexibility

I love working for Plan A and i have been working for them for a few years. As a RN i enjoy the ability to schedule my own shifts. Plan A management staff are amazing and always there to support their staff 24/7. There are a lot of agencies out there, but none of them come close to Plan A’s amazing work ethics.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Plan A Long Term Care Staffing and Recruitment. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement