Plan A Long Term Care Staffing and Recruitment

PSW22 reviews
Canada22 reviews

planshiftschedulechoosepickagencyavailflexibility

Great place to work!

The recruitment team were very friendly and welcoming. I was working quickly and I love the facility I work at. The office staff are always there to support me if I need anything and I've really enjoyed my time here.

was very difficult, but rewarding at times

often difficult, hard to get along with staff at the homes. generally good management and the clients are wonderful. very communicative and willing to help you when you need it.

Insights into Plan A Long Term Care Staffing and Recruitment

What people like
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Time and location flexibility

Good for work life balance

Great place to work if you're a seasoned PSW and don't mind driving. They try to accommodate you based on where you live but it also depends on which homes need staffing.

Pros

Choose your shifts Good pay Benefits

Cons

You may not like the home you end up in

Amazing place to work !!!!

Love being able to make my own schedule and help people on a daily basis and see so many different faces and help all of them . I love being able to work on different homes and see how the homes are different and similar. Staff at the office are amazing .

Flexible work environment with understanding management

Plan A gives the chance to work on your own time. The management is readily available when performing schedule deviations. The most understanding employers I've ever had.

Pros

flexibility

Cons

a lot of weekend shifts

Flexibilidad & less stress

I am working for Plan A, I am very grateful to work for this agency, they give me the opportunity to choose my schedule and also the place that is more convenient for me, they have a great remuneration, management team at Kingston-Quinte they are professional and happy persons.

Pros

Last minute shift

Cons

N/a

Awesome Company!

Working with Plan A is one of the best decisions I have ever made! It is truly amazing to be a part of this incredible team. To begin, the staff inside and outside of the office are very supportive and friendly so I do enjoy my work life very much. Furthermore, being able to choose where and when I work is honestly such a huge benefit as I am able to work around my own schedule. I could not ask for anything more working at this company, I am very happy to be here!

A-mazing

This is by far the best job I’ve had. I’ve met some amazing people and get to enjoy my work life. There’s no stress, the management team is so easy to work with and make you feel like part of the team right away. I’m so happy I’m made the choice to find employment with Plan A.

Pros

Amazing people

Terrible Experience

They seemed like such a great company until you don’t fit into the mold they want. Very inconsiderate and give you the run around on a lot of things. The job it’s self is good but the staff are very say one thing mean another. They don’t give you room to grow or appreciate your hard work.

Pros

Benefits, salary

Cons

Staff

Good option for students

Good option for nursing students. Offers flexibility by choosing your own schedule. Unfortunately, not many hours are available, and it is based on seniority so the large staff pool is competing for very few shifts. Some LTC home staff do not seem to be educated regarding agency staff, and often act rude or unwilling to provide training and support. I suggest that if the client is using Plan A, they make an effort to educate their staff of our potential presence and emphasize that we are there to help out, not cause a hassle and that their cooperation is necessary for the benefit of all. Some LTC home locations are also quite poorly run, and potentially unsafe. Run from these assignments for your own sanity!

Pros

Flexible schedule, good pay, management does have good communication and are kind

Cons

Rude/disrespectful LTC home staff, poor training

Great and flexible place to work

Working for Plan A has given me flexibility as a PSW which is unheard of! They pay excellent and their management is amazing. I would definitely recommend Plan A.

Pros

Fair incentive, fair wages, great support, understanding staff.

They have your back, great communication

Supportive, flexible and approachable. Salary is fair considering nobody wants to pay what PSW's are really worth. Other perks make Plan A top the list and they give out great pens.

Pros

Perks

Cons

8 hour shifts too long running your buns off

Best Job I've ever had so far

Being able to pick your own schedule from the convenience of an app is one amazing job. You get to pick out exactly what shift, day and time you work.

Pros

Professional Management for Plan A

They tried to ruin me

Covid: full French facility while I’m only English speaking, and booked me 32 hours EVERY WEEKEND. Management told me to suck it up and no overtime.

Pros

Pay if you get overtime

Cons

Facilities abuse your time (management doesn’t care)

Official response from Plan A Long Term Care Staffing and Recruitment

17 September 2020
Thank you for communicating your concern; we value all feedback and take them very seriously. We can assure you that overtime is always closely monitored and fully compensated and the subject of overtime is covered during our policies and procedures. We also encourage communication and our team is available 24/7 for any issue our field staff may be experiencing. Although we appreciate a good conversation where we can evaluate sooner, this review will certainly allow us to learn and further assess our shifts, extra hours and last minute coverage.

No burn out! There to help the burn out!

You go in, help the home from being short staffed. I’ve worked in LTC for a long time and know what it’s like to constantly work short! It’s horrible! So to be able to be on the other Side is a great feeling And much appreciate so far in my experience.

Highly recommend!

Plan A is perfect for me, as a secondary part-time job. It affords me time for my fulltime job, while making some extra money. I am very passionate about providing high quality care for my Clients; they deserve it! Management are phenomenal! They are respectful and understanding; no pressure!

Great Company

This company is very organized. You schedule yourself hassel free with the staffing app. I love that they are very understanding and flexible. Someone is always available to employees after business hours in case of emergency. Great compensation for out of town travel and hotels available upon request.

Love that I can make my own schedule.

As a single mother it’s great to have a job I can make work around my kids, being able to pick my own shifts and create my own schedule is very helpful for me. The wage is fair and the incentives are great if you can take advantage of them. I enjoy that I can pick up as many or as little shifts (3min) that I need each month. Very flexible and management are all kind and easy to get in touch with.

My experience working for Plan A

My work experience has been in longterm care for 30 years. Ive been with this company for almost a year. I love it!!😁 Lots of flexibility and great wage.

Pros

Flexibility and Great wage

Cons

Its working in Longterm Care, so it can be busy and challenging at times.

Great place to work!

Plan A is an amazing place to work with an amazing pay rate! The management is great and will always be there To help with anything. The hardest part about the job is that you never really get to know any of the residence as you are never in the same location.

Dream job

Great, easy people to work with. It's a good way to do what you love, without getting involved in facility drama. Fantastic incentives. I looked into 3 main LTC agencies and Plan A was most thorough, professional and fun to deal with. I'm in control of my schedule. Doesn't get any better then that

Pros

Amazing incentives nobody can compete with

Cons

Haven't found any yet

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Plan A Long Term Care Staffing and Recruitment. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement