Plan A Long Term Care Staffing and Recruitment
Happiness score is 77 out of 100

Plan A Long Term Care Staffing and Recruitment Employee Reviews

planshiftschedulechoosepickagencyavailflexibility

Great supportive staff

In office staff are very friendly, helpful and professional. The company appreciates and recognizes employees for their hardwork and dedication. Health benefits are available if you work a minimum 28 hrs/week. Overall a great employer.

Pros

Flexible work schedule, health benefits

Great people to work with!

Started working with Plan A Hamilton from 2nd wave of pandemic. Always available on call if you need help. Very good management. Available shifts and positive workculture.

Insights into Plan A Long Term Care Staffing and Recruitment

What people like
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Time and location flexibility

Great flexibility

Being able to pick up my shifts and build my own schedule is great. Great work life balance. The pay is good. At times, work can get stressful because it’s hard to get along with staff at the LTC homes.

Great Work-Life Balance

I work as a casual health care aide and I find that Plan A does a phenomenal job at creating a good work-life balance. The interview process was very long but I like how meticulous they were about everything, it made me feel like I was entering a strong work environment. The management is great, they always happily answer any questions I have about job placements, orientations etc.

Pros

Great Pay

Cons

Not always guaranteed shifts

This was my first ever PSW job and my first time working with an agency. Plan A was very informative and made sure I had the proper orientation to do this job. The hours are great and the pay is very good! I currently have a line and I am able to also pick up shifts outside of this line. Management is available 24/7 for any questions or concerns as they are just a phone call away. I'm happy to be working for this company.

Lots of flexibility

I like that I have the opportunity to work in multiple homes! I like that I have the options of not feeling “ stuck “ at one home and I like that I can talk to my bosses about all my concerns!

Pros

Flexible schedules

Cons

Being moved around to various locations

The management is great!

Their screening process is meticulous which helps find and really hire qualified professionals. You will never feel alone and an outcast with this company. They also set up orientations to help you prepare for your job before starting. There is always a manager on call whenever you needed one. I would definitely recommend this company to my colleagues.

Great work life balance

Able to pick up shifts that suit my schedule, having young children makes it easier to plan my schedules. The staff at Plan A are amazing, so helpful and understanding.

Company is still in growth mode in Alberta, but there is plenty of work. They respect my wishes of where I want to work, and when, but do get a bit 'pushy' at times. They believe in giving staff an orientation to new sites, and have your back if something goes south. Good employer.

Thinking of their profit vs. their employees

They will place you in a home as your base home either as full time, part time or casual but don’t think of the consequences of how that affects the other Plan A employees they already placed there. Leaving Very few shifts for you as well their pay is so low compared to other agencies. Like $10-$20 per hour lower than other agencies so why work for them?

Irs ok

Its ok. U use an app to pick up shifts, have to verify with the job though because its not accurate. Would be good for a part time not full time. Stressful

Great place to work!

The recruitment team were very friendly and welcoming. I was working quickly and I love the facility I work at. The office staff are always there to support me if I need anything and I've really enjoyed my time here.

24hr phone support

They have somebody always ready to help/support you when needed no matter what time of the day. They also offer travel nursing which I have really enjoyed. Great agency to work with in my experience.

Pros

good wage, choose your own schedule

Cons

may not get enough shifts sometimes

Typical Agency

Don't expect too much, they operate like most agencies. They require more but don't compensate for it. Your job is not secure so I suggest having a second job!

Productive, wothful job

Highly recommended this agency. pay rate is competitive, 24/7 support service but would like to have more than one orientation. never pushed for shifts, easy to pick shifts.

Pros

pay, support

Cons

orientation support

Love the no pressure to take extra shifts

Plan A has been an amazing experience to be part of! Management has been super friendly, very informative and genuinely caring! I have never felt pressure to take a shift I didn't want to or couldn't take. Compensation for travelling to jobs away from home is very competitive, and definitely makes it worth the drive.

Pros

Travel, new homes, new people

Cons

No benefit package

Great job

Excellent to work for Ability to work at multiple locations Rewarding job with job perks Management are helpful and respond quickly to concerns Enjoy the job

Great flexibility

Plan A is a wonderful agency to work for, the management is very kind and they help motivate and encourage their staff to have a better day. Being able to pick up shifts and build your own schedule is great, especially when you are a student. It is great to have the flexibility to schedule your shifts on your own availability. They have work at a variety of different long-term care and retirement homes which is great.

Pros

Flexible scheduling

Cons

Good pay! A fun place to work.

The pay is good, and you can work around your own personal schedule by picking up shifts. If you want a full time position this may not be for you. Hours are not always guaranteed.

Do not apply

Zero guarantee of shifts. You’ll receive 1 training shift and be expexted to enter any ltc homes with very little support and help. A lot of upfront cost that is NOT covered by the company (10 hrs of in office training, bi annual police check, cpr)No pension plan, zero job security. Very limited shifts available. Training shifts are paid at a reduced wage.

Not a good company to work for

If you’re looking for casual hours some extra money this is the job for you. Honestly my experience working for this company was not a good one. They do have their favourites employees, And their favourite employees do you get the first pick of shifts. And something they don’t tell you about is at any given time if the company you’re filling in for feels like they do not want to use an agency employee or they fill it internally the shift is automatically taken off. The company does not stick up for the employee very one-sided. But like I said if you really want to make some good money and pick up a few shifts here and there this is the company for you

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Plan A Long Term Care Staffing and Recruitment. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement